Gohan77's 2009 AWD

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Gohan77

Gohan77's 2009 AWD

Post by Gohan77 »

Hey guys, I've had the car since the end of November and couldn't be happier. I've had my share of fast cars and I wanted something AWD and practical. Perfect car. I have the AWD version, sunroof, fog lights, and sound system package :) very slick little car.

For some reason it won't let me add photos :/

http://s569.photobucket.com/user/DoomOw ... sort=3&o=0
http://s569.photobucket.com/user/DoomOw ... g.html?o=3
http://s569.photobucket.com/user/DoomOw ... g.html?o=1
http://s569.photobucket.com/user/DoomOw ... g.html?o=2
tpollauf

Re: Gohan77's 2009 AWD

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe .... even though it took you 6 months to post after joining :o Very nice RARE AWD 2009 Vibe you got there! Yours has the proper chrome 17" wheels and factory roof rack for that year. A sunroof to boot! It sounds like you're really enjoying this ride and to no surprise I've yet to run across anybody who owned one complain. Visit often.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Gohan77

Post by Gohan77 »

tpollauf wrote:Welcome to GenVibe .... even though it took you 6 months to post after joining :o Very nice RARE AWD 2009 Vibe you got there! Yours has the proper chrome 17" wheels and factory roof rack for that year. A sunroof to boot! It sounds like you're really enjoying this ride and to no surprise I've yet to run across anybody who owned one complain. Visit often.
Thanks for the welcome :) What makes mine rare? Also im considering losing the roof racks... What do you guys think?
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Gohan77 wrote: What makes mine rare? Also I'm considering losing the roof racks... What do you guys think?
It all depends where you are located as far as the "rare" term goes. Update your profile for us so we know your demographics! Here along the Ohio/Michigan border I think I've seen ONE 2009/10 AWD in my travels over the past 6 years! Assuming you are somewhere where winter weather is the norm, there might be more as the AWD feature would benefit the most. I highly doubt that you are in Florida or Arizona.

About ditching the roof racks ..... Hmmmm .... personal preference. I'd keep them there even though you may never use them BUT you never know. These versatile small cars can really haul a ton of S H I T around and that roof rack could someday come in handy.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! That's a mighty nice looking 2nd gen AWD you've got there ;)! I would say lose the roof racks. If you think you may use them someday, than I'd recommend switching them out for Matrix roof racks which look a lot better IMO (there's a couple posts on here about 2nd gen owners putting Matrix roof racks on their Vibes). Do you have any plans for mods?
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Gohan77

Post by Gohan77 »

vibenvy wrote:Welcome to GenVibe! That's a mighty nice looking 2nd gen AWD you've got there ;)! I would say lose the roof racks. If you think you may use them someday, than I'd recommend switching them out for Matrix roof racks which look a lot better IMO (there's a couple posts on here about 2nd gen owners putting Matrix roof racks on their Vibes). Do you have any plans for mods?

Thank you! I do want to remove them but idk how or want to make it an ordeal. As for mods, i do want to but i want to keep it tasteful. I want tint for my windows and perhaps a cat back exhaust just to give it a bit more growl. The one issue i do have with this car is the power. I feel for such a large I4 it should have more power. Im also looking for a way to lengthen my spoiler to give it a bit more aggressive look.

I have another post about a rattling im hearing at around 2000 rpm especially going up hill. Id appreciate u guys checking out that post too :)
Gohan77

Post by Gohan77 »

tpollauf wrote:
Gohan77 wrote: What makes mine rare? Also I'm considering losing the roof racks... What do you guys think?
It all depends where you are located as far as the "rare" term goes. Update your profile for us so we know your demographics! Here along the Ohio/Michigan border I think I've seen ONE 2009/10 AWD in my travels over the past 6 years! Assuming you are somewhere where winter weather is the norm, there might be more as the AWD feature would benefit the most. I highly doubt that you are in Florida or Arizona.

About ditching the roof racks ..... Hmmmm .... personal preference. I'd keep them there even though you may never use them BUT you never know. These versatile small cars can really haul a ton of S H I T around and that roof rack could someday come in handy.

I live in Maine so our winters can be rough lol. I was very surprised how well the AWD worked. I didnt get stuck once!
Gohan77

Post by Gohan77 »

Personally mine is the only AWD vibe ive ever seen. Plus ive never heard of one having the monsoon sound package as well
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Gohan77 wrote:Thank you! I do want to remove them but idk how or want to make it an ordeal. As for mods, i do want to but i want to keep it tasteful. I want tint for my windows and perhaps a cat back exhaust just to give it a bit more growl. The one issue i do have with this car is the power. I feel for such a large I4 it should have more power. Im also looking for a way to lengthen my spoiler to give it a bit more aggressive look.
Here's a thread on how to remove the factory roof rack.

We have 35% tint all around on both our Vibes and couldn't be happier with it. It's dark enough to look good and serve its purpose, but not so dark that you can't see or that it draws unwanted attention from cops.

Magnaflow makes a direct-fit catback exhaust system for the 2009-2010 Vibe AWD. I highly recommend ordering it from Hott Exhaust. Be sure to use the link on their homepage (Get Coupons!) to receive a discount code. Let them know what part/s you want and they’ll send you a discount code to use at checkout. I ended up paying right around $440.00 shipped last July. I have the Magnaflow system on my GT and love it. It sounds great. Only slightly louder than stock unless you really step on the gas. It fits and looks great too. To squeeze a little more power out of your Vibe, you may also want to consider a K&N Typhoon short ram air intake. Many 2009-2010 2.4L owners on here have it, including myself, and have been very pleased with it. Mine has been on since July of 2009 with no issues. I have also seen a consistent 1-2 MPG increase in my fuel economy (averaging right around 28 MPG with 50 % city / 50% highway). It gives the engine a little throatier sound when accelerating. You have to remember that the power of your AWD will be slightly less than say a 2.4L Base or GT because you're carrying around the extra weight of all the AWD equipment. I find my GT has plenty of get up and go when I need it.

Since your Vibe is Liquid Platinum Metallic (the best color :cool:!), you can actually get a pre- painted OEM 2009-2010 Vibe GT spoiler (#19171939). It’s a direct replacement for the tiny spoiler you have now and is very easy to install. You could also check out car-part.com. You may get lucky and find a 2009-2010 Liquid Platinum Metallic GT in a junkyard near that you could get the spoiler from for cheaper.

I think that pretty much covers all the things you mentioned. Let me know if you have any other questions ;).
Gohan77

Post by Gohan77 »

vibenvy wrote:
Gohan77 wrote:Thank you! I do want to remove them but idk how or want to make it an ordeal. As for mods, i do want to but i want to keep it tasteful. I want tint for my windows and perhaps a cat back exhaust just to give it a bit more growl. The one issue i do have with this car is the power. I feel for such a large I4 it should have more power. Im also looking for a way to lengthen my spoiler to give it a bit more aggressive look.
Here's a thread on how to remove the factory roof rack.

We have 35% tint all around on both our Vibes and couldn't be happier with it. It's dark enough to look good and serve its purpose, but not so dark that you can't see or that it draws unwanted attention from cops.

Magnaflow makes a direct-fit catback exhaust system for the 2009-2010 Vibe AWD. I highly recommend ordering it from Hott Exhaust. Be sure to use the link on their homepage (Get Coupons!) to receive a discount code. Let them know what part/s you want and they’ll send you a discount code to use at checkout. I ended up paying right around $440.00 shipped last July. I have the Magnaflow system on my GT and love it. It sounds great. Only slightly louder than stock unless you really step on the gas. It fits and looks great too. To squeeze a little more power out of your Vibe, you may also want to consider a K&N Typhoon short ram air intake. Many 2009-2010 2.4L owners on here have it, including myself, and have been very pleased with it. Mine has been on since July of 2009 with no issues. I have also seen a consistent 1-2 MPG increase in my fuel economy (averaging right around 28 MPG with 50 % city / 50% highway). It gives the engine a little throatier sound when accelerating. You have to remember that the power of your AWD will be slightly less than say a 2.4L Base or GT because you're carrying around the extra weight of all the AWD equipment. I find my GT has plenty of get up and go when I need it.

Since your Vibe is Liquid Platinum Metallic (the best color :cool:!), you can actually get a pre- painted OEM 2009-2010 Vibe GT spoiler (#19171939). It’s a direct replacement for the tiny spoiler you have now and is very easy to install. You could also check out car-part.com. You may get lucky and find a 2009-2010 Liquid Platinum Metallic GT in a junkyard near that you could get the spoiler from for cheaper.

I think that pretty much covers all the things you mentioned. Let me know if you have any other questions ;).

Thats amazing! Thank you so much for the help! :) you made my night! Is there a way i could see how the spoiler looks? Theres no image up
Nathankenney94

Post by Nathankenney94 »

Nice vibe here is a vibe gt with the spoiler.
https://www.google.com/search?q=2009+vi ... 2exMWV4%3D
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Gohan77 wrote:Thats amazing! :) Thank you so much for the help! you made my night! Is there a way i could see how the spoiler looks? Theres no image up
You're very welcome! That's why I'm here :D!

Also, to see a bunch more pictures of what the spoiler looks like, check out my Garage thread. Coincidentally, my Vibe is Liquid Platinum Metallic just like yours so it will give you a really good idea of how the spoiler would look on your AWD Vibe ;)!