Warning this is a picture heavy thread!!! OP doesn't disappoint!
PIcked up a 2003 two toned neptune with 2 previous owners and 95,000 on the clock. Bought it on April 17th, 2015 for $4,000. Previous owner replaced all 4 tires with sumitomo's and monroe quick-struts in fall 2014.
It has the power package ad the factory Nav system, although no moon roof or subwoofer in the trunk...
The plan is to sort the suspension just a bit more toward the firm and more responsive side. Add some midrange torque and overall HP hopefully landing me somewhere near 180-190 WHP. Figure out how to get a second gen NAV system to work in my car, or get aux input with subwoofer output out of the factory nav system, orrrr last resort install aftermarket single din multimedia receiver...(last ditch option, and the one I went with...) And last of all, keep this beauty shiny and well maintained well into 300,000 miles.
Mod list is as follows.Exterior:
1. Hella Supertones: installed.
2. Debadge or platidip the cracked front pontiac emblem: not yet.
3. Stubby antennae: not yet.
4. Tint: 35% front, the rest 20% 3M color stable, installed.
5. TRD badge added to the front grill: installed
6. Genvibe stickers front and rear: installedInterior:
1. Ultraguage: installed and mounted.
2. Hide ultraguage wiring behind panels: kinda, but it's so hot out here I had to leave some out near the screen to remove it and hide it from the sun.
3. Figure out (removed) to do with the stock Nav system: Installed a Pioneer mvh-x560bt. Tucked the USB cable into the glove box, AUX input into the center console cubby. Bluetooth mic on top of the steering column with wiring tucked in the dash.
4. Speaker upgrade. JBL 6.5" components front and rear doors. Custom mounted the tweeters in the rear doors below the window switch.
5. Stealth subwoofer install below the rear floor: not yet
6. Amplifier: Soundstream Picasso micro 5 channel amp in the rear under the floor. Wired everything in and tucked all wiring under the trim: installed.
7. Sound deadening on the firewall and floor: not yet.
8. Custom shift boot: Made and installed out of some black white and grey plaid cloth.
9. Custom center armrest: added an inch of foam to the top of the plastic armrest and recovered in the same material as the shift boot.Performance:
1. Stainless PPE race header with the fancy collector: Delivered, beautiful, not installed yet.
2. Stainless PPE midpipe with high flow cat and resonater: Delivered, beautiful, not installed yet.
3. Some sort of 2.5" exhaust to finish off, magnaflow muffler for swag credit I suppose: not yet.
4. CAI: Injen one piece cut so the filter doesn't hit the fog light housing, installed.Suspension:
1. Eibach proline springs: installed.
2. Rear sway bar: not yet.
3. Wheels: Not yet, mainly because $$ isn't exactly in abundance for a teacher...
4. Front strut bar: Installed.Pictures:
The day I bought her.
Interior with ultraguage.
Installing the Supertones.
First trip up into the mountains.
Overlooking the Valley