zmonster's 2003 Vibe

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
zmonster97

zmonster's 2003 Vibe

Post by zmonster97 »

Hey everyone,

Just joined and wanted to post my vibe here.

I have a 2003 base vibe (shadow). I got it back in February all stock with 46,000 miles!

Here it is now!

I have scion tc 17x7 wheels with Kumho Ecsta 235/45 17 tires.
I also installed the rally armor basic mud flaps.

Ive been thinking of adding a Cosmo short ram intake and a magnaflow catback if I can get one cheap.
Does anyone still know of a place that sells them for $300?

EDIT:
Instead of the cosmo intake, I took the long tube off of the stock intake box. It actually sounds pretty good.
Last edited by zmonster97 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chiadog

Re: zmonster's 2003 Vibe

Post by Chiadog »

zmonster97 wrote:Hey everyone,
Just joined and wanted to post my vibe here.
I have a 2003 base vibe (shadow). I got it back in February all stock with 46,000 miles!
Welcome to the group zmonster! Congrats on the super low mileage Vibe. Let's see ... 4,000 miles per year, WOW! Nice find.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe monster man. Yeah, if legitimate, then that is a REAL good low mileage Vibe you've acquired. It must have come from someone with the same driving schedule as me :lol: My 2009 Vibe GT is now 5-1/2 years old and still only has 18000 miles. Good luck and drive this baby for a loooooong time. Looking forward to pics when you get around t oit!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Man, that mileage on your Vibe is amazing! Definitely post some pictures of it when you get a chance.
zmonster97 wrote:Ive been thinking of adding a Cosmo short ram intake and a magnaflow catback if I can get one cheap.
Does anyone still know of a place that sells them for $300?
I don't know about $300, but I highly recommend Hott Exhaust for the Magnaflow catback. I ordered the one for my 2009 Vibe GT from them a couple months ago and they had the best price hands down. There's a link on their homepage to message them about discount codes. Definitely take advantage of it. I did and it saved me about $150.00, plus shipping is free.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Hi zmonster97:

You must have used some drastic methods to pry this baby out of someone's hands!
With Mileage this low the car was probably used for a short commute to work a and a few errand runs. My wife does about 5K per year in her Ford Contour doing just that. Now and then I take it on a longer ride just to blow the crud out of the engine.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
klutzycarlover

Post by klutzycarlover »

Wow! Incredibly low mileage. Hope to see those pictures soon. I'm about to install rally armor mud flaps as well.

As for the intake, I would just make one if you're handy and have a few tools. Or, just remove the intake baffling like I did.
Sounds pretty good for free. I would have made an actual cold air intake, but I have a GT28 that's going on soon.
And exhaust, personally I don't like any of the aftermarket exhausts out there for the matrix/vibe. They all sound to rice to me.
I cut out the muffler back there, and put a big cannon as a joke, but it actually sounds very good. Not sure how it will sound with the 1zz.
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome! Sounds like you got a great looking low mileage car there. Must have been owned by someone like my son's car. It had 7K miles after 18 months, and was driven by a retired couple that traded every 1-1/2 to 2 years. We got lucky to pick it up as a basicly new car.

Good luck with it and looking forward to the pics. I like those Scion wheels on a Vibe. They do dress it up a bit.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
zmonster97

Post by zmonster97 »

Thanks guys! Definitely found a nice car. It was a one owner car driven by an older lady.

As for exhaust, I remember someone posted a link for $300 and I wanted to know if it was still available. But maybe I'll contact Hott Exhaust.
zmonster97

Post by zmonster97 »

klutzycarlover wrote:Wow! Incredibly low mileage. Hope to see those pictures soon. I'm about to install rally armor mud flaps as well.

As for the intake, I would just make one if you're handy and have a few tools. Or, just remove the intake baffling like I did.
Sounds pretty good for free. I would have made an actual cold air intake, but I have a GT28 that's going on soon.
And exhaust, personally I don't like any of the aftermarket exhausts out there for the matrix/vibe. They all sound to rice to me.
I cut out the muffler back there, and put a big cannon as a joke, but it actually sounds very good. Not sure how it will sound with the 1zz.
What exactly did you take out? And how did you do it?
zmonster97

Post by zmonster97 »

So, yesterday, I took the long tube (baffling?) off of the stock intake box. It actually sounds pretty good.