VVTiDavid's 05' Vibe

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
vvtiDavid

VVTiDavid's 05' Vibe

Post by vvtiDavid »

Current mods
*DC headers
*Tein S springs
*Short Ram intake

Soon to come
TRD SC
Emanage ultimate and tune
deatschwerks fuel injectors
AEM afr gauge
And just finalizing getting the TB adapter for the SC install.

And later XRS front and rear brake conversion.

WTB
*Underdog Pulley
TRD strut bar
vvtiDavid

Re: VVTiDavid's 05' Vibe

Post by vvtiDavid »

I just finished the short ram intake install today.
I didn't want to spend $225+ for a air filter and aftermarket arm so I spent $20 for the air filter head and used mostly the stock parts.
I modified a boxy pipe to have the maf sensor to chill in and attached an aluminum bracket to one of the holes where the air box was screwed in.
Attachments
picture015.jpg
picture015.jpg (243.74 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
picture014.jpg
picture014.jpg (245.63 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
picture012.jpg
picture012.jpg (229 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
vvtiDavid

Post by vvtiDavid »

And it installed
Attachments
picture019.jpg
picture019.jpg (203.02 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
vvtiDavid

Post by vvtiDavid »

Hey guys,
I decided to install the TRD supercharger setup with a buddy of mine this weekend in my garage.
Today done with switching out the 4 fuel injectors, 4 spark plugs, changed stock thermostat to 160 degree one, and added the new idler pulley.

I'll keep you guys updated and let you know when the install is done and when the tuning is done too!
Attachments
3.png
3.png (159.46 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
4.png
4.png (141.15 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
vvtiDavid

Post by vvtiDavid »

Hey guys. It's offical.

I'm part of the boosted 1zz club!
I just finished up the install today.

I thought it'd take just two days to do, but the little things always pop up eh :roll:
I had to buy some bolts n a nut from Toyota and had to make my own intake gasket from a piece of sheet metal
and my job killed a lot of time this week. But it's running good, no leaks no lights come on while the engine was running or revving and filled up the coolant. Gonna make the appointment to dyno n tune it this week then actually drive it around.

If you wanna see it run n rev follow me on instagram @davidstache <<< n definitely you'll see my future mods n other project cars.
vvtiDavid

Post by vvtiDavid »

vvtiDavid wrote:Hey guys. It's offical.

I'm part of the boosted 1zz club!
I just finished up the install today.

I thought it'd take just two days to do, but the little things always pop up eh :roll:
I had to buy some bolts n a nut from Toyota and had to make my own intake gasket from a piece of sheet metal
and my job killed a lot of time this week. But it's running good, no leaks no lights come on while the engine was running or revving and filled up the coolant. Gonna make the appointment to dyno n tune it this week then actually drive it around.

If you wanna see it run n rev follow me on instagram @davidstache <<< n definitely you'll see my future mods n other project cars.
IT'S A THING OF BEAUTY :mrgreen:
Attachments
SC VIBE.jpeg
SC VIBE.jpeg (135.6 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
trb

Post by trb »

Nice! Someone local to me has had a kit with a bunch of extras on craigslist for a couple of weeks. I know my son would like it on his, but he does not have the $1,700 the seller is asking. Enjoy it!

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/4567717873.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vvtiDavid

Post by vvtiDavid »

trb wrote:Nice! Someone local to me has had a kit with a bunch of extras on craigslist for a couple of weeks. I know my son would like it on his, but he does not have the $1,700 the seller is asking. Enjoy it!

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/4567717873.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
that is a sweet set-up and good price considering that I paid a bit more and still had to get things like spark plugs, a new dayco belt, and gauges.

you ought a get it for him ;)
vvtiDavid

Post by vvtiDavid »

Final dyno after tune.
165 whp, anybody have a good guess at what it is to the flywheel?

Runs too rich under 3000 rpm though at WOT, looking for solutions; tuner recommended water/meth kit other suggestions/set-ups?

also mentioned on forced induction section.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=43622" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
scan2.1.jpg
scan2.1.jpg (242.3 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Nice!

HP lost in drivetrain:
http://www.modified.com/tech/modp-1005- ... ower-loss/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit