GTV237 - My New 2009 Mystic Blue Base

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
gtv237

GTV237 - My New 2009 Mystic Blue Base

Post by gtv237 »

Hey there, I just purchased this 2009 vibe base. So far I'm loving it and looking forward to becoming a part of the community! I'm particularly impressed with the MPGs. I've only ever owned gas guzzlers so this is a nice change. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the VVT and electronic steering. Anyways on to the pics.

I do have a few questions though. I figured out that the motor code is 2ZR-FE but what is the trans code? And would it be possible to add the GT spoiler to a base hatch?
tpollauf

Re: GTV237 - My New 2009 Mystic Blue Base

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe :D You have the very rare Mystic Blue metallic color there .............. NICE !!! They only made that color for the 2009 model year. A manual tranny to boot... even nicer. Also kudos for posting some nice pics of it on your first post. Lots you can do to these cars and they will last for a long time.. Update your profile showing location (some of us could be your neighbor) and fill us in on details. Price paid, mileage, options, etc. Again ..................... WELCOME
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
XRVibe10

Post by XRVibe10 »

Welcome to GenVibe! I really like that colour - too bad it was a one year run only - to answer your question, yes, you can add the GT spoiler to any of the models/hatches - just remove the old one & install the new one (same bolt holes & clips) - you will have to get a primered one & get it colour matched as the GM accessories only sold pre-painted Red, Black & silver (and I think Carbon) - I bought the unpainted one & had it matched to my Vibe - very easy install :) - Again Welcome
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Love the Mystic Blue Metallic! It's a gorgeous, unique color! Thanks for posting pictures of it right away ;)! I see you're in Indiana, you should considering attending the 2014 GenVibe Meet in Pontiac, IL on July 5th. Click the link in my signature below for more info.

Here's a thread with instructions on installing the 2009-2010 Vibe GT spoiler on a 2009-2010 Base Vibe.

Do you have any other future plans for your "new" Vibe besides the GT spoiler?
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

Thanks for the comments guys (:

Vibenvy, I have a slight chirping coming from the clutch. It goes away completely when you as much as rest your foot on the clutch pedal. I think the throwout bearing is going out. I will definitely have to get that taken care of before I think to much about mods. But you can definitely count me in for the pontiac meet!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

gtv237 wrote:Thanks for the comments guys and girls (:

Vibenvy, I have a slight chirping coming from the clutch. It goes away completely when you as much as rest your foot on the clutch pedal. I think the throwout bearing is going out. I will definitely have to get that taken care of before I think to much about mods. But you can definitely count me in for the pontiac meet!
I corrected the first part of your quote for you :P!

Yay! I look forward to meeting you and seeing your beautiful Mystic Blue Metallic Vibe in person :D!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome! Nice looking Vibe and a very unusual color for sure! Lucky you got a manual trans too......

I agree on the TOB, Went through several squeaky ones on my Mustang, along with about 5 clutches :roll: Even had one explode on me, roller bearings all over the clutch housing!

Good luck with it!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car