2003 Pontiac Vibe GT

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
KingTen91

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT

Post by KingTen91 »

Hey guys, just bought a 03 vibe gt and being the guy I am I've already been window shopping and dreaming up ideas of what I want to do to it.
I just had to replace the clutch right after buying it but now that that is completed now I can move on to actual upgrades and improvements. It came with warped rotors so that of course will be the first upgrade I do. Instead of buying standard rotors and pads I ordered drilled and slotted rotors from callahan (lol, yes they are real :lol: .. I was actually shocked when I first discovered them too, if you don't recall the reference re-watch Tommy Boy) I also bought Wagner Thermo-quiet brakes mostly because I'm not going to be doing any heavy racing so I don't want over the top brakes but I still want as good as I can afford and at the time I bought them there was a rebate on the brakes making them around the same price as Advance Auto's gold series brakes.. so I surpassed gold, platinum and went to the top of the line they offered for the same price as gold.

This is the first car I've owned that has been a car I've been able to justify buying serious aftermarket parts for so I am considering several different paths to take as to how I am going to define this car. I don't really want to put a lowering kit on it but I am considering a body kit, so long as it doesn't ride too close to the ground. In face I'm not too much of a fan of how low it is now so I'm really considering even getting a lift kit for it and a grille and aftermarket rims.. but I'm extremely indecisive and don't have a huge amount of money that I know of so by the time I can actually do any of this it may be far off in the future. Either way, I am looking to document along the way so I will take pics as I do the work and make mods and upgrades.

I'm really glad I made the choice to go with the Vibe GT and found this forum! It looks awesome and look forward to the feedback I can give and receive here!