Arrowracer76 2003 Vibe GT

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
arrowracer76

Arrowracer76 2003 Vibe GT

Post by arrowracer76 »

There's a reason I've waited so long to post my Vibrator here. Wanted to wait and hide my shame, do something before I showed it off.

And here it is.
2003 Vibe GT, built in 02/02, 340,000km, second owner (gifted from father), no accidents, good shagin wagon.

Keep your pants on, those are just my winters. Took that photo yesterday.

You'll want a list of specs I assume?

Currently
  1. KW lowering springs
  2. Custom short ram Intake
  3. Custom axle back (no system made a noise I liked, so I welded my own together)
  4. Speed Source shift bushings
  5. Energy Suspension control arm bushings
  6. DC Sports strut brace
  7. Stickers. A (removed) load of stickers
Future Mods (within the next year)
  1. Custom fabricated intake manifold - Follow my progress here > 2ZZ-GE Performance Intake Manifold
  2. Greddy e-manage Blue piggyback ECU
  3. TurboKits.com Complete turbo kit
  4. Apexi turbo timer
  5. MWR Gorilla Clutch
  6. MWR lightweight flywheel
  7. MWR short shifter
  8. Energy Suspension engine mount bushings
  9. Hallman ES boost controller
  10. Enkei EV5 18" bronze rims
  11. VIS carbon hood
THANK GOD FOR AN ENGINEER'S SALARY

OH GOD, WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!

Current Project:
- Porting and polishing my exhaust manifold
- CAT delete

Here's how she sounds now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gV2mGFbf9I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Questions, comments, concerns?
Last edited by arrowracer76 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
- Greddy E-Manage Piggyback
- Custom Axle-back Exhaust
- KW Suspensions Lowering Springs
- FUCKING STICKERS EVERYWHERE
tpollauf

Re: Arrowracer76 2003 Vibe GT

Post by tpollauf »

Nice Ride you got there. It's even nicer due to your engineering mindset and the fact that you have the ingenuity and resources to create whatever mods you feel your Vibe GT will need :D I'll assume you are in the Mechanical Engineering field? If so, my hats off to you for choosing this rewarding & demanding field. From one Mechanical engineer (some 30 years ago when I graduated) to another ... keep up the good work ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
arrowracer76

Post by arrowracer76 »

tpollauf wrote:Nice Ride you got there. It's even nicer due to your engineering mindset and the fact that you have the ingenuity and resources to create whatever mods you feel your Vibe GT will need :D I'll assume you are in the Mechanical Engineering field? If so, my hats off to you for choosing this rewarding & demanding field. From one Mechanical engineer (some 30 years ago when I graduated) to another ... keep up the good work ;)
I'll be graduating in mechanical engineering at the end of August. It can't come any sooner! Probably the best field of work there is.
2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I kind of like the black on black steelies look. Just need a good coat of glass black, and maybe some trim rings.

How do you like the energy suspension bushings in the control arms? Did you put them in yourself?

arrowracer76 wrote: I'll be graduating in mechanical engineering at the end of August. It can't come any sooner! Probably the best field of work there is.
Freshman of mechanical engineering right here. I'm looking forward to getting more experienced!
arrowracer76

Post by arrowracer76 »

KITT222 wrote:I kind of like the black on black steelies look. Just need a good coat of glass black, and maybe some trim rings.

How do you like the energy suspension bushings in the control arms? Did you put them in yourself?

arrowracer76 wrote: I'll be graduating in mechanical engineering at the end of August. It can't come any sooner! Probably the best field of work there is.
Freshman of mechanical engineering right here. I'm looking forward to getting more experienced!
That kind of makes me want to paint my summer rims black... I've got the 17" sport package wheels back home. Wonder how they'd look in a gloss black.

The difference between the Energy Bushings and stock is quite impressive. It is a massive improvement on initial turn in and helps reduce wheel hop on launch. Great way to spend $60 or so. Yea, I threw them in myself the other day while installing my lowering springs. My old bushings were FUBAR so it took no time to pull them out. Installation was quick and painless. I cringe at the thought of letting a shop touch my car. Nothing against them, I just trust my work because I know what I did. Far more rewarding too.

It's worth it man! Engineering is an amazing field.
2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
arrowracer76

Post by arrowracer76 »

Can anyone see the images I have posted? Because I can't....
2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I don't see them...