Been a long while since I've shared my GT

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
DaveG

Been a long while since I've shared my GT

Post by DaveG »

Just thought I'd share my baby again since it's been a couple years since I've posted it.
2_1_635203538895620000_size5.jpg
2_1_635203538895620000_size5.jpg (88.93 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
Kept getting "attachment is too large" and not really feeling like resizing all of my images so here's a link to a full detail profile of my vibe with a bunch of images and specs:

2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Full Profile
thebarber

Re: Been a long while since I've shared my GT

Post by thebarber »

looks stock...?
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Checked out your ride page there Dave. Looks like a newer automotive posting site for all to use. Your Vibe looks real clean and well maintained. What's your mileage up to? I see you're running the original 18" wheels in the winter weather. Hopefully you keep them clean so the salt (depending on where you live) doesn't destroy them. Keep on Vibin ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

thebarber wrote:looks stock...?
Yea she's pretty much stock. I did throw a K&N Air Intake on it thinking it adds horsepower and improves gasmileage. I've since watched a few videos where they pretty much mythbusted that theory. Still makes it sound pretty cool though.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

tpollauf wrote:Checked out your ride page there Dave. Looks like a newer automotive posting site for all to use. Your Vibe looks real clean and well maintained. What's your mileage up to? I see you're running the original 18" wheels in the winter weather. Hopefully you keep them clean so the salt (depending on where you live) doesn't destroy them. Keep on Vibin ;)
Hey yea awesome that you noticed the site! I actually coded the entire thing myself (took me about 1 1/2 years) and my buddy did the design. I'm sure people here will appreciate that a Pontiac Vibe GT was the first car on the site. It's 100% free and lets you add images, specs, notes and even video and audio in one well designed profile which makes it a great tool for sites like this and even more so if you share your ride in multiple forums (won't have to reupload and type specs over and over). We'd love to have a bunch more Vibes on the site so evreyone please signup and share your ride if you're willing.

I really wish I could afford a set of winter tires. I already kind of ruined my wheels, there must be a couple of holes the clear coat (probably from the couple of times I curb-checked) because there are blotchy white spots on 3 of them, I'm assuming from salt like you said. Other than the wheels I have 2 scratches on the body, one that was there when I bought her and another that I did while I was loading some of my bass gear. I ended up making it worse trying a diy fix, but it's not super noticeable unless you see it at the right angle. Other than those minor things she's in great shape, I think I only have around 40k on it right now and have made sure I got oil changes at or under 3k every time. I also got 4 new tires a while back, since the factory ones started splitting in the sidewalls where the goodyear text was. I was able to get a good discount on them though since I called corporate and complained that the tires were splitting on the side and researched it to find out that it was a common problem. I think they ended up giving me like 60% off for it (which they should, the car only had like 30k at the time and it was the sidewalls splitting not the tread). I've owned about 7 cars in my life and this one is hands down the best. I'm always blown away at how much I can fit in the back with the seats down. Every bit as much as I could in my old blazer.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Nice to see you post again Dave! I remember your Vibe because it's the same color as my mom's (Steel Blue Metallic) :cool:! I am so jealous of this color. It's gorgeous!

I will most definitely join your site and add the info about mine and my mom's Vibes. Thanks for posting the info about it ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

vibenvy wrote:Nice to see you post again Dave! I remember your Vibe because it's the same color as my mom's (Steel Blue Metallic) :cool:! I am so jealous of this color. It's gorgeous!

I will most definitely join your site and add the info about mine and my mom's Vibes. Thanks for posting the info about it ;)!
Awesome yea I've only seen one other Vibe in Steel Blue in my area so I'm guessing there aren't too many. Also found you on the site, thanks a lot for signing up and sharing, the more Vibes we get the better :).
kingcaff

Post by kingcaff »

tpollauf wrote:Checked out your ride page there Dave. Looks like a newer automotive posting site for all to use. Your Vibe looks real clean and well maintained. What's your mileage up to? I see you're running the original 18" wheels in the winter weather. Hopefully you keep them clean so the salt (depending on where you live) doesn't destroy them. Keep on Vibin ;)
Sorry for "jacking the thread" but I was wondering if you (tpollauf) are interested in making a custom light for my upper third brake... First post ever and I had been lurking for some time... just checking out custom mods for my 2009 vibe gt and stumbled into your AWESOME 8-) light ... Couldn't find a way to direct message you without sending a direct email but wanted to know if thats something you were be interested in doing again without barging into your personal email box... It would be awesome if you could let me know either way, I'm sure you know how to message in this forum so please contact me, in the meantime I will be posting some pics of my car here learning the webpage layouts
2009 VIBE GT
4 - JL AUDIO 13W1 SUBWOOFERS
2 - JL AUDIO 250/1 AMPLIFIERS
BUMPER TO BUMPER SOUND DEADENING
PIONEER DVD PLAYER
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

kingcaff wrote: Sorry for "jacking the thread" but I was wondering if you (tpollauf) are interested in making a custom light for my upper third brake... just checking out custom mods for my 2009 vibe gt and stumbled into your AWESOME 8-) light ...
I'll IM you and if you don't get it then re post your request and I'll get it to you eventually. FYI .. I believe I have TWO "VIBE GT" lights and TWO "PONTIAC" lights left in production (started them but never finished) I initially ran a set of TEN ... three years ago :o Also open up a new post as a "new member" and post some pics if possible of your ride. Tell us briefly about you and your Vibe. The more members here the better ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
kingcaff

Post by kingcaff »

Ok sounds good about to have my pics up tomorrow...
2009 VIBE GT
4 - JL AUDIO 13W1 SUBWOOFERS
2 - JL AUDIO 250/1 AMPLIFIERS
BUMPER TO BUMPER SOUND DEADENING
PIONEER DVD PLAYER