Tinos - 2008 Vibe Base

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Tinos

Tinos - 2008 Vibe Base

Post by Tinos »

Hello everybody! I have just bought my 2008 Vibe this month. It has 140K km on it but it is in a pretty good condition. It was with a 16" wheels (on the picture) but I have already changed it to 15" for winter.
I also changed a cabin filter (it was really dirty), an engine air filter, cleaned MAF, replaced PCV Valve (thanks to jkm311 and ktt88 for the respective posts). I have done it mostly because I have got a P0171 code with OBD scanner. Hope that it will also help with mpg (So far I could get only 27 mpg 50/50 highway-city).

Thinking about changing audio and seat covers.
Attachments
123.jpg
123.jpg (36.31 KiB) Viewed 913 times
KITT222

Re: Tinos - 2008 Vibe Base

Post by KITT222 »

Welcome to GenVibe! Sounds like a good bevvy of maintenance. Audio upgrades will massively help, and at speeds it will kill the road/wind noise! A lighter foot and keeping the revs below 3000rpms should keep MPGs up. Also, I've found out that occasionally turning off OD (overdrive) in the city can yield positive results. I, too, am cursed with 15" snow tires. They look much worse after you lower your car, but I have moments where they just look comical.

Enjoy your stay! Keep us updated on any projects and such.