Dairgo 2009 Vibe GT

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Dairgo

Dairgo 2009 Vibe GT

Post by Dairgo »

Here's a link to my album of my new Vibe GT. I haven't made any modifications it is still mostly stock, though I do have plans after reading a few threads around here.

http://s276.photobucket.com/user/ijegge ... ry/GenVibe
kumquat

Re: Dairgo 2009 Vibe GT

Post by kumquat »

Looking at that battery terminal I know what the first mod should be :lol:

Very sharp looking car though.
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Yeah, going to see if the former pontiac dealer that I'm taking my car to get the recalls performed at, can fix that up.

I may be able to do the pads, rotors, calipers and oil changes on my own... but messing with the electrical system... yeah I'll leave that to the professionals.
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Heard back from the dealership after they did the recalls, they don't recommend splicing the cable as that will cause a low voltage issue and lead to dead batteries. So, looks like I have to get that wiring harness to get it take care of. Anyone know where I can get a decent price on the F-harness (P/N 19204234), I've looked online, and about the best price I can get is $370 + shipping.
Derf

Post by Derf »

Dairgo wrote:Heard back from the dealership after they did the recalls, they don't recommend splicing the cable as that will cause a low voltage issue and lead to dead batteries.
If a splice is made incorrectly it could result in low voltage, but a dead battery? I splice battery cables all the time without issue, mostly due to the corrosion on the original end. The issue is using the correct hardware. If their is slack in the cable you can strip the wire back on put a new bolt on terminal, like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Post-Battery- ... fb&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You will have to check for the exact size of your battery post.
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

That piece is actually what is on there now, and what the copper plates are connected to. There really is no slack in the cables that are in place at the moment. I've found the part online, but I'm calling around to the salvage shops to see if mayhaps they have some 2009 vibes sitting around that I might be able to get the piece out of.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Dairgo wrote:Anyone know where I can get a decent price on the F-harness (P/N 19204234), I've looked online, and about the best price I can get is $370 + shipping.
GMPartsCenter.net has #19204234 for $369.10. They offer free shipping, but do charge an $8.95 handling fee per order. Check their Facebook page as they are always offering discount codes for 5% off orders over $100.00, etc.

Just an example: $369.10 - $18.46 (5%) + $8.95 = $359.59

This should be a part that is interchangeable from the Matrix as well. Check this out and see if you can find the equivalent part. Typically Toyota parts are significantly cheaper than GM parts.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Got a recommendation from a Co-worker about a shop to take it to. Got the wires stripped back, and re-crimped and connected back up to the positive term. Same album as above so not reposting, but this should hold me. Part of me is happy, and then there is the part of me that still owns the Monte Carlo I traded in that says if it's not replaced with an OEM piece it's not good enough. And then I remember I paid $50 to get this fix and not $500+ for parts and labor.
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Ok.... so adding some posts that I should have... forgot all about my garage thread...

first up: SRI http://s276.photobucket.com/user/ijegge ... r%20Intake

also around this time I also installed an engine block heater (sorry no pics of that)
Last edited by Dairgo on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Next was the exhaust upgrade:

Replaced the entire* exhaust with Magnaflow solution

http://s276.photobucket.com/user/ijegge ... be/Exhaust

* did not replace the tube between the exhaust intake manifold and cat because Magnaflow piping did not have an hole for mounting the O2 sensor.

Also replaced the left side skirt as it was ripping in the back.
Last edited by Dairgo on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Things to come soon:

TRD:
Strut Brace bar (going to install labor day weekend with a friend)
TRD billet aluminum oil cap (pretty sure I can handle this one)

WeatherTech:
Front and side window vents (waiting for a day when the heat index isn't over 100)

Grafxworks decals:
Overlay for engine cover (Red) (again, waiting for a day when I can do this work outside)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

So you had already started a Garage thread and just never really posted much in it huh? You gotta keep up on these things Ian ;)!

Don't hesitate to message me if you need any help installing that oil cap :lol:!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

haha, funny. I should take a picture of that installed, but I'm waiting to do the engine cover first to take that picture.