MaSlade - 2010 Vibe

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
MaSlade

Re: MaSlade - 2010 Vibe

Post by MaSlade »

KITT222 wrote:The look great! However, may I suggest some chrome bulbs for your signals so you can get rid of the orange in your housing? It would look better. Or maybe some LED switchback ones.
Great idea! I actually have chrome bulbs from a previous build but removed them because my headlights were scuffed badly. They're definitely going back in :)
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Your build looks stellar! May i ask how and where did you acquire the sharkfin?? been wanting to do that for months now. Also do your projectors have angel eyes built in? it looks like it.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
MaSlade

Post by MaSlade »

NascarXprt wrote:Your build looks stellar! May i ask how and where did you acquire the sharkfin?? been wanting to do that for months now. Also do your projectors have angel eyes built in? it looks like it.
Many thanks :)

The fin was from visualgarage.com. My advice is if you have siriusxm, then go for it. If not, I suggest reconsidering because it is not as powerful as stock (but they have upgraded their hardware, so it could be different). Get the 09 Matrix antenna since the vibe is not listed :(

My projectors are without halos. They were 60 dollars, so I went without ;) The shroud itself actually lights up with the projector so it gives it a nice effect.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

Looking good mister! Great work on the retrofit :D
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
MaSlade

Post by MaSlade »

*Update 2/16/14*

I've been having alignment issues for some time now. Seems like the projectors will not aim anymore upward than when I had them with the plastic lenses off. Took me a while to figure out why, but I realized that my shrouds may be rubbing against the plastic lens!

Maybe that's why I couldn't aim them upward? I have a new set of shrouds coming in that are made for the mini h1s, so hopefully they're a lot smaller. The ones I had were the mini graphites, but they required centric rings for install.

Crossing my fingers.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Publix would like their milk crate back. 8-)
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
MaSlade

Post by MaSlade »

jake75 wrote:Publix would like their milk crate back. 8-)
Lol! but it works so well as a stand/seat/container. Okay... I'll give it back
MaSlade

Post by MaSlade »

*Update 12/9/2014*

Hey guys, long time no post. I did a thing! You should check it out!

Milestones so far:
-MOMO Long Shift Knob
-Gas went down from $3.27 to $2.51 here in Florida
-45,000 miles
-Plast-dipped Classic Gold Wheels
-Rudolph Dress-up Kit

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I like! I've been wanting the same thing on my Vibe. It seems too darn convenient.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

MaSlade wrote:*Update 12/9/2014*

Hey guys, long time no post. I did a thing! You should check it out!
Nice LED strip lighting. I'll be doing something similar BUT will be using a mercury switch instead. Got so many old thermostats laying around with good 'ol mercury in them! I may as well recycle & put one of them to good use!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
MaSlade

Post by MaSlade »

KITT222 wrote:I like! I've been wanting the same thing on my Vibe. It seems too darn convenient.
Since I'm always busy during the day, it helps to have something like this during late night shenanigans :)
tpollauf wrote:Nice LED strip lighting. I'll be doing something similar BUT will be using a mercury switch instead.
You and I seem to be huge advocates of DIY/recycling! It's an easy project that didn't cost me a fortune since I recycled some old materials from projects' past. It was just something to add to the old horse :D
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

:lol: Love the Rudolph stuff!

I want to see some pictures of the brakes and the wheels!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
MaSlade

Post by MaSlade »

vibenvy wrote::lol: Love the Rudolph stuff!

I want to see some pictures of the brakes and the wheels!
I will, I will! :lol: I've been researching wheels online and perhaps this next tax return will = shoes :) I may just find a nice looking set in hyper silver. Any ideas?

As far as brakes, I have the front set up, but I'm still waiting for the rears to come in :/ can't believe it has taken this long, but they're on the way!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

MaSlade wrote:I've been researching wheels online and perhaps this next tax return will = shoes I may just find a nice looking set in hyper silver. Any ideas?
Here are my current top three favorite aftermarket wheels:

Enkei Performance Series Falcon – hyper silver with machined lip

17”x7” +38mm offset
17”x7” +45mm offset

17”x8” +38mm offset
17”x8” +45mm offset

18”x7.5” +45mm offset

18”x8” +40mm offset

Enkei Tuning Series Kojin – matte silver

17”x8” +35mm offset
17”x8” +40mm offset

18”x8” +40mm offset

Ruff Racing R357 – hyper silver with machined lip

18”x8” +38mm offset

A few things to remember when looking at aftermarket wheels:
• bolt pattern = 5x114.3
• 2009-2010 Vibe 2.4L Base / AWD 17” wheels = 17”x7” +39mm offset | tires = 215/45/17
• 2009-2010 Vibe GT 18” wheels = 18”x7” +39mm offset | tires = 215/45/18

My absolute favorite wheels are the Falcons. We need new tires in the spring and I would love to sell the OEM wheels and get some Falcons, but I don't think money will allow :|.
MaSlade

Post by MaSlade »

vibenvy wrote: Here are my current top three favorite aftermarket wheels:
Wowww, those are ALL beautiful! I'm definitely getting a reality check on the pricing though :( I may as well just get better tires and an exhaust for that price...

Thank you for the offset information as well. I have been wondering about it because I still have no idea what that means :lol: Definitely have to do everything right, so maybe I'll put the wheel idea on the backburner. An exhaust and new tires though... that seems a lot better in the long run.

What rubber do you run? And what sizes can I use?
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

MaSlade wrote:Wowww, those are ALL beautiful! I'm definitely getting a reality check on the pricing though :( I may as well just get better tires and an exhaust for that price...

Thank you for the offset information as well. I have been wondering about it because I still have no idea what that means :lol: Definitely have to do everything right, so maybe I'll put the wheel idea on the backburner. An exhaust and new tires though... that seems a lot better in the long run.

Yeah, aftermarket wheels aren't exactly cheap, but they sure are pretty :cool:!

No problem ;)! The size and offset are on the backside of the OEM wheels. I took a picture of the info on the back of one of my OEM wheels one time, so I always remember what the size and offset is for anyone on here who may be curious.

I am very happy with the Magnaflow exhaust on my Vibe. It sounds amazing! I can't wait to get one installed on my mom's Vibe :D! I definitely think an exhaust and new tires would be a better way to go. More "bang for your buck" so to speak!

We currently still have the OEM Goodyear Eagle F1 AS/C all season tires on the 18s, but once I get my income tax refund in February/March, I'll be getting some Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 performance summer tires. I'm not too sure on tire sizes, but I do know I'm going from the OEM 215/45/18 to 235/40/18 for a slightly wider tire and a little more protection for the wheels. Trb had this size tire on his 2010 Vibe GT and said he didn't have any issues with rubbing, etc. so I figured I'd give it a try. These tires have a really good all around rating on Tire Rack and aren't too expensive (~$600.00 for 4 - 235/40/18), so I figured I'd give them a go.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

MaSlade wrote:
vibenvy wrote: Here are my current top three favorite aftermarket wheels:
Wowww, those are ALL beautiful! I'm definitely getting a reality check on the pricing though :( I may as well just get better tires and an exhaust for that price...

What is offset? If you look at the inside of a rim it has the shape of a dish. The offset is a measure of the depth of the dish. If the mounting surface is right on the center line of the rim width the offset is 0mm. If the dish is deeper than that the offset is positive, if it is shallower than that the offset is negative. Using a rim with the wrong offset affects the steering geometry.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/tec ... techid=101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
MaSlade

Post by MaSlade »

vibenvy wrote:Yeah, aftermarket wheels aren't exactly cheap, but they sure are pretty :cool:!
A new exhaust and some tires it is!! :lol: I FINALLY got the rear pads/rotors all figured out. It was surprisingly easier the second time around because I actually had the right parts. 8-)

Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors and Powerstop pads all around = best brake feel I've had on the Vibe to date. Braking feels a lot more predictable and I don't feel any anxiety when I am braking behind someone at a red light. Braking hard doesn't bring the Vibe too forward, either. Makes those quick turn-ins into tight corners very easy. I'm super happy with this setup.
vibrologist wrote: The offset is a measure of the depth of the dish.
I definitely have to look more into this! But thank you for the info :) I've been digging deep into wheel tech, but I think I'm too much of a layman to wrap my head around it :cry:

And just for VIBENVY, a few pics (with the new family camera, too!):

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks for posting pictures Slade! I really like the gold wheels!