09 White Base 1.8L

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
vzDean1600

09 White Base 1.8L

Post by vzDean1600 »

Hi All, this is my 09 Base. It was my company car that I received new Nov 09. I liked it so much, I bought it from work when the lease ended and they replaced it with a 13 Fusion. Since I purchased it, Ive added fog lights, variable wiper delay stock, Vibe GT leather steering wheel with audio controls. Replaced all speakers, and added a double din sony HU. with rear view camera. I removed the OnStar module, and installed a Sony amp in its place. I connected the HU BluTooth input to the old Onstar mic in the rearview mirror. Found some mint contion Matrix M-theory wheels for it, and will use the old steel rims and Hub caps for winter tires.
lannvouivre

Re: 09 White Base 1.8L

Post by lannvouivre »

Wow, this isn't the first time I've heard of people buying a company Vibe after falling in love. AND yours is in the best color, too!
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

Did your new Vibe come with the roof rack or did you add that as well?
And why did your company need the roof rack?
I don't have an AWD but I did order the 2009 with the rack.
How do you like the rear camera system?
How many miles on the car?
trb

Post by trb »

Really nice looking Vibe! I like those wheels on it too.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

Awesome! The steering wheel swap and bluetooth add are things I'd like to do to mine but it looked pretty daunting. How hard was it?
Image  Image
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Very sharp looking Vibe :cool:!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Very nice looking Vibe you got there :D Love what you've done to it so far. In answering ParknVibe's question about the roof rack on your Vibe, I noticed when shopping around for mine early 2009 that MOST if not all Canadian Vibes had a roof rack standard on 2009-10 Vibes. Ironically at the same time I saw ZERO Vibes here in the states with roof racks. Hmmmm..... maybe it is there so that you can throw your Moose, Elk, Grizzly, or whatever road kill you Canadians come across up there on the rack :lol:
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Elora, eh? Not too far from me.

I think I may have seen the car months ago in Waterloo....its not every day you see a vibe with matrix TRD rims...
vzDean1600

Post by vzDean1600 »

Thanks for the comments folks. In my 29 years at my job, I have had a lot of company cars. The Vibe has been the best, most reliable of the bunch. It was factory ordered with a roof rack. I dont know why? I never used it.
Changing the steering wheel was not hard at all, nor changing the turn signal/wiper stalks. In order to use the audio switches, the "clock spring" needs to be changed, because the original doesnt have enough wires. I was able to use my original Air Bag by trimming off the sides where the controls now are. All the parts were found on ebay. The info to do it all I found on various (including here) discussion forums for Vibes, Matrix's, and Corollas. I used an Axxess aswc adapter to use the controls with the aftermarket HU. The rear view camera is sure a nice addition, with the small rear window the 2nd gen vibes have.
vzDean1600

Post by vzDean1600 »

I forgot to mention, the car has 117,000 kms on it. As soon as I bought it, I changed the coolant with Toyota SLL pink, and the transmission fluid with Toyota WS. Here a couple more pics of the added speakers. I just used a dremmel to cut holes in the sail panels for the front tweeters.