BLP 09 AWD Traction Control question

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
blp

BLP 09 AWD Traction Control question

Post by blp »

How does the Traction Control button (located on the lower left side dash, past the steering wheel) work? I was told by the dealership I could turn on/off the Traction control. I have pushed the button and sometimes a little symbol, by the speedometer comes on, but only stays on for a minute or so.
Does this mean it in off or on?
Should an indicator light stay on?
Does the Traction control interfere or override the AWD?
Might I have a fuse problem?

I know, lots of questions, but the more I research this the more confused I am getting. Maybe I am just not researching in the correct places. Any help you can give, I will thank you for now!
star_deceiver

Re: BLP 09 AWD Traction Control question

Post by star_deceiver »

While at a complete stop, hold the traction control button for about 5 seconds. The light will come on and the VSC OFF light will come on as well. Now you will have no traction control and no stability control and your AWD system can work as it's intended to.

If you just push the button, the traction control will only stay off until you hit 50km/h. You have to hold it while stopped then it will stay off.

Personally I believe that, yes, the traction control/stabilitrak system does override the awd system.

No, you don't have a fuse problem.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)