CAMOGIRL's Sonic

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
CAMOGIRL

Re: CAMOGIRL's Sonic

Post by CAMOGIRL »

thebarber wrote:@ 1.2/1.4 f/r rear, you're really only going down another 0.7/0.9?
Because of the 10mm drop the RS already has? Yeah, it's almost all in the springs.

Close to that. It's not a massive drop, but it's my first venture into owning a lowered vehicle. Eventually I'll put on coilivers, but gotta save up for them.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

CAMOGIRL wrote:
thebarber wrote:@ 1.2/1.4 f/r rear, you're really only going down another 0.7/0.9?
Because of the 10mm drop the RS already has? Yeah, it's almost all in the springs.

Close to that. It's not a massive drop, but it's my first venture into owning a lowered vehicle. Eventually I'll put on coilivers, but gotta save up for them.
itll definitely make the car look nice and probably handle a bit better. as you're on a forum of dropaphobics, congrats on lowering the car ;)
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

My splashguards slightly no longer clear speedbumps. I suspect the problem will eventually resolve itself.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Moar low

thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Looks good
DTeck

Post by DTeck »

That car looks nice, but I have to wonder how well a Sonic would fit my 5'11" body lol. I drive an '08 Corolla for work and sometimes hit my knees off the steering wheel. I fit just fine in my '08 vibe though. Glad to see you got the 6M, I will NEVER buy an automatic.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

You'd be surprised at the range of body types
That fit. There are plenty of 6' guys that are very comfortable in their Sonic. It's for a lot of head and legroom.

It's roomier than the new focus, and I can sit in it exactly the same way I was
In my Vibe.

As for the 6m.. When I had my Vibe, that was the one thing I regretted not getting. I wasn't about to not get it on this.
DTeck

Post by DTeck »

That surprises me, I figured that the Sonic be less spacious inside than a Vibe.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

DTeck wrote:That car looks nice, but I have to wonder how well a Sonic would fit my 5'11" body lol. I drive an '08 Corolla for work and sometimes hit my knees off the steering wheel. I fit just fine in my '08 vibe though. Glad to see you got the 6M, I will NEVER buy an automatic.
Sounds like you need to adjust the seat. I'm a similar height and have plenty of space in my Vibe and step-mom's 05 Corolla, and can actually attest that the Sonic has similar interior space as the Vibe.
DTeck

Post by DTeck »

Its just how I sit, I feel weird with my seat all the way back and my legs sticking straight out even though I fit better that way. I'm too used to the high seats in vans and trucks I guess lol. I haven't driven any of todays subcompacts so I was just wondering how they compared to a Vibe. But I've started to hijack your thread so I'll just kick back and wait for more pictures of your sweet ride. lol
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Lol! You're not hijacking. I welcome discussion and am here to answer any questions.

I mean come on... Who's hijacking what here?! This is a Sonic build thread on a Vibe forum. ;)

Really space wise the Sonic is not as roomy width wise, but she uses her space well and I don't notice. Also there is obviously less cargo space, but that is helped by the depth of the cargo space. Really the space overall if VERY well used and maximized.
runningslow

Post by runningslow »

That is a nice looking Sonic! I've sat in one and it felt pretty comfortable. Its on my short list for a new car in a few years.

Now, to add to the thread jacking:
KITT222 wrote:
DTeck wrote:That car looks nice, but I have to wonder how well a Sonic would fit my 5'11" body lol. I drive an '08 Corolla for work and sometimes hit my knees off the steering wheel. I fit just fine in my '08 vibe though. Glad to see you got the 6M, I will NEVER buy an automatic.
Sounds like you need to adjust the seat. I'm a similar height and have plenty of space in my Vibe and step-mom's 05 Corolla, and can actually attest that the Sonic has similar interior space as the Vibe.
I'm 6'-2" and am perfectly comfortable driving my wife's '05 Corolla (and not to mention my "new" Vibe). Heck, I test drove a new Fiat 500 (a car at the top of my short list) and I loved the fit. Honestly, that was a tighter squeeze, but was still quite comfortable. For some reason, I usually find that small cars are better proportioned for tall people (and I've driven some small cars.... *cough**Ford**cough**Festiva*cough*cough*)
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.