BLP 09 Vibe AWD Gas tank

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
blp

BLP 09 Vibe AWD Gas tank

Post by blp »

Hi,
I know every car is a little different, but about how much gas is left in the tank when the needle is on Emp :? ty.
Thanks
Rayven01

Re: BLP 09 Vibe AWD Gas tank

Post by Rayven01 »

I've gassed up pretty much exactly when my light came on once and it took 11.5 gallons. The tank is 13.2, so assuming your light comes on when mine does (also 2009, but 2WD) that should leave you a little less than 2 gallons. Let's say 30 more miles in poor conditions (bad gas mileage) to be safe.
Image  Image
blp

Post by blp »

Thank you, I have been trying to get a fairly accurate amount, so I can figure gas mileage.
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

It's easier to start figuring gas mileage at the second tank you start keeping track. Once you have a base odometer reading and a fill amount in gallons, the next time you fill up it's easy to figure it from the odometer difference and first fill amount. Then you're taking guestimation out of the picture (except for the small amount of difference there may be between "full" when the pump shuts off at each fill). I use fuelly.com and the iOS Gas Cubby app on my phone to figure it out for me. ;)
Image  Image
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Did you mean how much fuel is remaining once the "low fuel light" comes on? Answer: roughly TWO gallons. I easily drive anywhere from 30 to as much as 50 miles once the light comes on and the needle will actually be covering the upper part of the letter "E" on US cars. Most fuel it ever took was 11.9 gallons, and that was when I drove it well beyond 400 miles on the tank. I just made sure I was familiar with the territory in the event I would have really run out of gas!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
blp

Post by blp »

It is good to know that there is a reserve, I have had some cars that when the light came on it only had half a gallon left. (2005 Buick Rendezvous) I have been driving a Jeep Wrangler with a 22 gallon tank. It was a "brick on wheels" when it came to gas mileage, but I could go could feel safe going for over 350 miles on a tank. It is taking some getting used to having only 13 gallon tank, but a lot easier on the wallet. 8-)