Pics of Hope . . . Happy to Find Genvibe

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Nitetrain

Pics of Hope . . . Happy to Find Genvibe

Post by Nitetrain »

While driving to Montana and back, I constantly was getting my but kicked on the hills and highways, because everybody owns a V8 Ford, Dodge or Chevy truck. But, I did have it loaded down with a total of 2 people and everything but the kitchen sink. So some day I plan on rat-rodding This vibe out with a rear wheel drive Chevy 323 V8 Camaro. Wish me luck.

El Caballo,

Nitetrain
Attachments
Everybody Nitetrain, Nitetrain everybody.
Everybody Nitetrain, Nitetrain everybody.
2009vibe.jpg (35.58 KiB) Viewed 2404 times
A horse = 1 hp & A 2.4L Vibe = 150 horses.
A horse = 1 hp & A 2.4L Vibe = 150 horses.
Genvibe post nite train at best.jpg (34.69 KiB) Viewed 2404 times
~Going Down The Road Feeling Bad~
~Black 2009 2.4 L Automatic FWD Base Vibe~
Mariachi

Re: Pics of Hope . . . Happy to Find Genvibe

Post by Mariachi »

welcome to genvibe! nice pics!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. I'm surprised your performance was so poor with your Vibe having the larger 2.4L engine. You should have had no problem with the hills & such. This is where the manual tranny would have been nice to have :) Looking forward (many years from now) to you dropping that small block Chevy into your vibe. You got my support.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Nitetrain

Post by Nitetrain »

It is funny you are suprised by the lack of power from my Vibe, because my wife and I have been debatting, Why we were getting our butts kicked up the hills and on level ground. The drive by wire is sensitive, but . . . I do have a P0420 code engine light. Niow while driving with this coded engine light, the VSC and the skid control are turned off, VSC lite on and blinking.

Now would all of this put the computer into "Limp in" mode, and reduce power to the drive train?

let me know,

NT
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Nitetrain wrote:

Now would all of this put the computer into "Limp in" mode, and reduce power to the drive train?

let me know,

NT

I honestly can't help you on this one. Others here have experienced several codes and symptoms and maybe can chime in with their input. Also my Vibe GT has the manual transmission and has tons of power when needed. Has never thrown any codes yet. Lets hope others reply here to get you out of this situation :?
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Nice pictures and nice looking Base fellow Chicagolander ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Usually when a check engine light comes on, the system will either go into open loop, or, into limp mode. This depends on the severity of the issue though. like an O2 sensor might go into open loop, while, having an issue with, say, a cam timing sensor will put the system into a limp mode. I don't know for sure if the vibe will limp. I'll have to read the shop manual this weekend a bit to be sure.

Although, once the check engine light is on, you won't have a 100% working drive train, as the computer cannot compensate for variables properly, and will rely on it's base maps for tuning just like it does when you first start your car. you may not lose power, but, you burn a crapload of gas getting there.
Nitetrain

Post by Nitetrain »

Long story short, I found out I had a clogged secondary catalytic converter. Now I am running strong.