Doug14's 2006 Vibe Base

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Doug14

Re: Doug14's 2006 Vibe Base

Post by Doug14 »

lannvouivre wrote:Looking great! I'm excited about you getting lowered.

Also, love your kitty. I have one just like her
Thanks, me too! Awesome, is your cat a tortoiseshell? Ours is a torty-ragdoll and have 3 other cats and 2 dogs running around right now haha
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Doug14 wrote:Thanks, me too! Awesome, is your cat a tortoiseshell? Ours is a torty-ragdoll and have 3 other cats and 2 dogs running around right now haha
Yes, she's a tortie! She's probably our smartest cat, too. All our other cats are shorthairs: runty female silver tabby, 17-yr-old orange/white old man, and 1-yr-old orange/white girl. We don't have any dogs (yet). I'd like to get some chickens and goats, but alas, zoning :P And I'd really like some doves or pigeons.
Last edited by lannvouivre on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

i have a pile of parts here for your vibe if you wanna buy some!

and get those h-techs installed already!
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

lannvouivre wrote:Yes, she's a torie! She's probably our smartest cat, too. All our other cats are shorthairs: runty female silver tabby, 17-yr-old orange/white old man, and 1-yr-old orange/white girl. We don't have any dogs (yet). I'd like to get some chickens and goats, but alas, zoning :P And I'd really like some doves or pigeons.
Awesome! Our torie isn't our smartest one as she was rescued by my sister from a barn owned by a cat hating farmer lol. We've got 2 long hair and 2 short hair ones.
thebarber wrote:i have a pile of parts here for your vibe if you wanna buy some!

and get those h-techs installed already!
PM sent about parts, and i know i know hahaha. I need new struts and don't want to put them on if I have to take em off again soon.
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Well an update after a while. My laptop decided to call it quits so i haven't been able to upload photos or post much. had to get my other front wheel bearing replaced and my started also decided to stop, picked on off a sad old vibe at the scrapyard and put it in. Bought brass shifter cable bushings, however could not get the steel sleeve off the pin. Brought them to school to use a lathe the next day and bored out the holes to fit over the sleeve and presto! I also installed some polyurethane front sway bar bushings. I am in the process of assembling some Tien H-techs and some KYB GR2 struts but this is my first time so i'm taking it slow.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

How tough was it to do the Lamin-x on your tails? Also which version did you use? Gunsmoke, smoked, charcoal? Thanks!
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Hey,I used Gunsmoke. It was a little tricky with the parts that stick out, I ended up using 3 separate pieces for each light, one on each section and liberal use of a heat gun/hair dryer. I had done the lights with the medium tint at first to see how it worked then a year later removed it and put on the gunsmoke! held up pretty well here in Canada, a little bit has started to lift but not too bad.