Streblo - Black 2003 Vibe GT

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
streblo

Streblo - Black 2003 Vibe GT

Post by streblo »

Here's the Garage
Picked up the vibe in sept 2011 with just a smidge over 80,000km on it after it had been driving by a couple for a year who bought it from an 80 year old man with only 60,000km on it. All 4 rims had bad curb rash and peeling paint, there was some trim pieces missing with some surface rust, a scuffed hood from a block heater cord dangling on the hood and a dent in the hatch from being backed into a parking gate. But to find a 2003 gt with 80,000km on it in 2011 for $7300 its not something you can easily pass up on. I knew I wanted a vibe, specifically a 2003 GT so i was keeping my eyes open for one. looking for a second car I only wanted standard, a sunroof, and for it to not be black, as My blazer is black and I know how crazy it drives me to keep it clean, well this came up, had everything except it was black, well for that deal, beggers cant be choosers.

Factory:
Moon & Tunes
Factory Alarm

Aftermarket:
Rims were machined and painted to fix the curb rash, a trough was machined in the lip for the red paint so it would be perfectly circular.
HID Fog Lights
HID BI-Xenon driving lights
LED License plate lights
K&N SRI
Lowered on Canuck Springs
Thule Roof Rack (switches between my 2000 Blazer ZR2 and the vibe)
Trailer Hitch
K&N DVD Deck, JBL Speakers, Alpine Sub & Amp, Backup camera

First brought the vibe home
Rims Painted
HID's
Roof Rack On
Lowered
Trailer - Yes I had the rims powdercoated to match, to match my blazer, by co-incidence the vibe ended up matching the trailer
And of course my now winter car
Both of my toys!
Last edited by streblo on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
2003 GT - 80k - K&N SRI - Painted & Machined Rims - Kenwood System - Lowered - June 2012 VOTM
Garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=38793
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Streblo - Black 2003 Vibe GT

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I love the Yak-rack on the Vibe.
That's what I plan on doing with mine, but not until I remove the existing racks
Yours sits nice too. Perfect stance
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Looks good, man!

I love seeing before/after pics of these vibes

Cool that the vibe and blazer basically match
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

What was the actual drop with the canuck motorsports springs?
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

thebarber wrote:What was the actual drop with the canuck motorsports springs?
Seconded, this looks like it could work for me.
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
streblo

Post by streblo »

It was about what they claimed it as around 1.6" I honestly forget, I forgot to measure the ride height before I dropped it, then I measured the ride height of a vibe i saw on the street and now i forget what i figured out, measure your ride height front and rear and ill measure mine :P
2003 GT - 80k - K&N SRI - Painted & Machined Rims - Kenwood System - Lowered - June 2012 VOTM
DVibe

Post by DVibe »

Looks real good! I'm loving the black on black. The mud flaps are pretty sweet too! Where did you pick those up?
Roll with soul.
DVibe's Garage
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

nice vibe!
streblo

Post by streblo »

DVibe wrote:Looks real good! I'm loving the black on black. The mud flaps are pretty sweet too! Where did you pick those up?
Thanks, mud flaps came with the vibe so not to sure! Do have to trim them though with the lowering they scrape when taking a roundabout at 80kmh
maaadtrip

Post by maaadtrip »

Beauty! I picked up my Black '03 GT in the Spring of 2012 (two days before being laid off :roll:). She's got similar curb rash and paint peeling on the rims.
What did it run you for machining and painting the rims. I love the look of black rims, and the trough looks great too.

Did/do you have any issues with rust on the back hatch, under the two wiper mounts?
streblo

Post by streblo »

maaadtrip wrote:Beauty! I picked up my Black '03 GT in the Spring of 2012 (two days before being laid off :roll:). She's got similar curb rash and paint peeling on the rims.
What did it run you for machining and painting the rims. I love the look of black rims, and the trough looks great too.

Did/do you have any issues with rust on the back hatch, under the two wiper mounts?
No rust under the back hatch, I got it with only 80,000km on it, some like 70 year old man had it until 60,000km so i suspect it was not driven in the winter. The only rust It had was a little surface rust on the roof where one of the trough filler pieces was missing, fixed that all up, and on the inside of the passenger door (Was in a collision before I got it and they did a shitty job at the body work on the inside of the door, fixed that as well)

As for the rims, I forget how much it ran me. I know a retired mechanic who does work on the side, he had a guy do the machining and paint for me, I think I paid $800 and something ish, somewhere around there, to have them machined, painted, and 4 new tires. Sorry I completely forget how much I paid (damn cash deals)
BigKamm

Post by BigKamm »

I too have a black 2003 vibe GT. Looks new except for the paint on the rims and the rust spot blistering under the rear wiper. Sounds like these are common issues.