Infinity-x's 2009 Vibe Base 2.4L

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Infinity-x

Infinity-x's 2009 Vibe Base 2.4L

Post by Infinity-x »

Hi guys. I'm not a new member here, but have never set up a garage for my car! I plan on doing many more "mods" over the next 3 months (my summer).. so I will post pictures as I go! I also have a set of Infiniti FX35 projectors laying around my house, so you guys (hopefully) can expect an HID retrofit from me soon! Anyways, here are some pics of my ever changing car.

I realize this is the internet, and my car is open to criticism and comments. So please be honest, I wan't to know what you guys think about my car and if I should change anything! I won't get my feelings hurt over the internet, I promise ;).

The Black Expedition is what was traded in for my Vibe (you can probably guess why .. GAS)

Before I got my new wheels:

After!

Here is what I plan on doing:

vibenvy

Re: Infinity-x's 2009 Vibe Base 2.4L

Post by vibenvy »

Since it's LPM, I automatically love it :)! I'm glad to see you put the grilles back to black. The silver grilles just added too much silver in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing your projector project and the rest of your future mods come to life. Speaking of future mods, besides the ones you mentioned, what are your other future plans?
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:Since it's LPM, I automatically love it :)! I'm glad to see you put the grilles back to black. The silver grilles just added too much silver in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing your projector project and the rest of your future mods come to life. Speaking of future mods, besides the ones you mentioned, what are your other future plans?
Thanks! What does LPM mean?

And since we (unfortunately) don't have many aftermarket parts available for our cars.. I have to get creative and think of some small things I can do here and there. I would like to (if I have time and $$)

-Take apart my tail lights, I want to paint the internal lenses (the red cover, and 2 clear covers) black to match my headlights. Not the overall huge lens though, I don't want smoked tail lights.
-I have more projectors than the FX laying around, so I think a fog light retrofit would be great if I can get it done in time.
-I want to add a lip to my front bumper.. there is a how-to around here on the forums.
-Paint my wheels black.. I am thinking of using plasti-dip just so I can take it off if I don't like it/get bored with it.
-LED bulbs in the license plate lights, and maybe even in the inside lights if I can get a good price.
-If I cant get to putting projectors in the fog lights.. I would like to put LED bulbs in the fog lights, as well as switchback turn signals to match the fog lights & low beams. No amber unless I turn my blinkers on, and no halogen color either.
-And finally, I have some junkyards around here and I am going to try to get a horn from a Toyota Highlander or Sequoia.. maybe a Camry, to replace the whimpy horns our cars come with. I feel unsafe because I know when I actually need my horn, nobody will be able to hear it :P
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

LPM - Liquid Platinum Metallic.... AKA silver...

Looks good!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

star_deceiver wrote:LPM - Liquid Platinum Metallic.... AKA the best color ever...
Yep. And I edited it for you Ryan :P!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

I ordered a resistor so I can get my switchback LED turn signals in and working.. and I also ordered LED fog light bulbs so I can get that hid "look" without the glare or cost. Will post pictures when they come!
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Nice! How bright are the LED fog lights? I tried switchback bulbs. I never got them to work.
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

KITT222 wrote:Nice! How bright are the LED fog lights? I tried switchback bulbs. I never got them to work.

At night and during they day, they appear to be very bright. But in reality they just light up the housing and make it appear bright, since they are a completely different light source than the halogne bulbs the fog lights were designed for, there is no usable light output.