WaveGt8

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
WaveGt8

WaveGt8

Post by WaveGt8 »

Our Vibe Gt started out as the wife's car. Then she made the mistake of letting me drive it ... Then the mods started ... last summer got the 19" Advanti wheels. This year the eibach's and some 2.4 badges , plastic dip and the chin spoiler mod. Think it turned out great and now handles like a champ. Oh yea picked up a new Honda Civic for wife , but she wants me to get a personalizes tag for the Vibe that says " WAS MINE " .... Here are some pic's

http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/WaveGt8/
colterk

Re: WaveGt8

Post by colterk »

WaveGt8 wrote:Our Vibe Gt started out as the wife's car. Then she made the mistake of letting me drive it ... Then the mods started ... last summer got the 19" Advanti wheels. This year the eibach's and some 2.4 badges , plastic dip and the chin spoiler mod. Think it turned out great and now handles like a champ. Oh yea picked up a new Honda Civic for wife , but she wants me to get a personalizes tag for the Vibe that says " WAS MINE " .... Here are some pic's

Great looking Vibe man! Love those 18's. Where did you get the chin spolier and that super slim bug deflector? I've been in the market for both. They look great on your car. Cheers and welcome.
Link to my 'garage' thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38548
Led Powered Since '87
trb

Post by trb »

Agreed, that is a great looking Vibe GT! Now it makes me want to wash mine and take care of all the scratches the prior owner put on it. So those are eibachs, did you install them and if so, how hard were they? Might have to put them on the to do list for next year.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
WaveGt8

Post by WaveGt8 »

colterk wrote:
WaveGt8 wrote:Our Vibe Gt started out as the wife's car. Then she made the mistake of letting me drive it ... Then the mods started ... last summer got the 19" Advanti wheels. This year the eibach's and some 2.4 badges , plastic dip and the chin spoiler mod. Think it turned out great and now handles like a champ. Oh yea picked up a new Honda Civic for wife , but she wants me to get a personalizes tag for the Vibe that says " WAS MINE " .... Here are some pic's

Great looking Vibe man! Love those 18's. Where did you get the chin spolier and that super slim bug deflector? I've been in the market for both. They look great on your car. Cheers and welcome.

Thanks ... The bug deflector is from GM and here is a link for the chin spoiler.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthre ... t-(HD)-Lip
WaveGt8

Post by WaveGt8 »

trb wrote:Agreed, that is a great looking Vibe GT! Now it makes me want to wash mine and take care of all the scratches the prior owner put on it. So those are eibachs, did you install them and if so, how hard were they? Might have to put them on the to do list for next year.

Thanks ... no my friend installed them for me. They do make the car handle much better.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Awesome looking GT! love the Plasti-dipped Arrowhead!!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
WaveGt8

Post by WaveGt8 »

Thanks , used the plastic dip on all the chrome. Really changes the look for very little money.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Great looking 2nd gen GT! I love the wheels, but being silver, they look out of place to me with everything else being black and red. Have you thought about PlastiDipping them? Do you have anything done to the interior and/or engine? Do you have anything else planned for it?
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
WaveGt8

Post by WaveGt8 »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:Great looking 2nd gen GT! I love the wheels, but being silver, they look out of place to me with everything else being black and red. Have you thought about PlastiDipping them? Do you have anything done to the interior and/or engine? Do you have anything else planned for it?

Thanks , But black rims are not for me. This is my DD so no plans for engine mods , just the K&N filter I added. Stock interior. At this time no future plans .... but can't swear to that. :lol:
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

WaveGt8 wrote:Thanks , But black rims are not for me. This is my DD so no plans for engine mods , just the K&N filter I added. Stock interior. At this time no future plans .... but can't swear to that. :lol:
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of black wheels either. I just think maybe if you had left the stuff you PlastiDipped chrome, the wheels wouldn't stick out as much. Ultimately it's your Vibe though. I like it nonetheless ;)!

As far as engine mods go, I highly recommend the K&N CAI. It gives the engine a nice growl, adds a little more get-up-and-go and increases gas mileage by 1-2 mpg (once you get over the initial thrill of stomping on the gas to hear the cool new sound of the engine :P). It's easy to install and fits great. It can be found on eBay and Amazon for under $250.00.

Another thing you may want to consider is Grafx Werks' engine cover overlay. If it hasn't already, eventually the silver coating on the engine cover will start to come off and look crappy. The overlay is an easy, cheap way to cover up the crappy looking peeling paint while dressing up the engine bay a bit.

Yet another thing you may want to consider is painting the exhaust manifold heat shield (the huge metal piece at the front of engine bay). I painted mine black with DupliColor engine paint and it turned out great (click my signature picture to go to my Garage to see pictures). It really changes the look of the engine bay, much like you said the PlastiDip did with your exterior.

As far as the interior goes, all I would really recommend would be some good rubber floor mats or floor liners i.e. GM, Husky Liners, WeatherTech, etc. They are much easier to clean then carpeted floor mats and do a much better job of protecting the carpet.

Just thought I'd throw a couple ideas out there for you. Like I said, I love your Vibe just the way it is though :)!
WaveGt8

Post by WaveGt8 »

Thanks for the great ideas. That's why I joined this forum.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

WaveGt8 wrote:Thanks for the great ideas. That's why I joined this forum.
You're very welcome :)!
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

This is a great looking car! It has inspired me to do some similar mods on my car (painted grill, lip, etc)

Looking forward to seeing more pictures!
WaveGt8

Post by WaveGt8 »

Infinity-x wrote:This is a great looking car! It has inspired me to do some similar mods on my car (painted grill, lip, etc)

Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

Thanks, yea nothing like some inexpensive mods , a lot of bang for the buck. I will post some more pictures later.Need some close up shots of the brakes I painted black then added Pontiac stickers came out really nice.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:Great looking 2nd gen GT! I love the wheels, but being silver, they look out of place to me with everything else being black and red. Have you thought about PlastiDipping them? Do you have anything done to the interior and/or engine? Do you have anything else planned for it?
Actually, I DIG the way they stand out. I had every intention of plasti-dipping my wheels and roof rail, but when I finished the cladding and everything else was black and red, and the silver just SHONE on it, I had to leave it. Wave, that's one HOT GT! I like it the way it is!
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
WaveGt8

Post by WaveGt8 »

CAMOGIRL wrote:
Actually, I DIG the way they stand out. I had every intention of plasti-dipping my wheels and roof rail, but when I finished the cladding and everything else was black and red, and the silver just SHONE on it, I had to leave it. Wave, that's one HOT GT! I like it the way it is!

Thanks for the very kind words ...