Mac99d-04 GT (ETHOLIC)

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
mac99d

Mac99d-04 GT (ETHOLIC)

Post by mac99d »

Car info:2004 Pontiac Vibe GT (ETHOLIC)Salsa redMoons and tunes and power everything.Sunroof Old (19”) AXIS SpidersCurrent 18” Konig lightning tire: Hankook RS3Exterior:JSP carbon fiber hoodPartial debadgeLED Spider light brake lightsBlack tented Brake lightsSilver star driving lightsRemoved roof racks cross rails.Window tinted.Planned:Removed roof rails and filled Sides removed and filledFactory body kit installedNew paint job.Interior:Pioneer AVH-4300 Memphis PR 6” speakersHammer tone paint on interior panels.Custom made Carbon fiber A pillars (by yours truly)Custom Carbon fiber HVAC controls.Custom made Lighted shifter.Pro sport Gauges: Wide band, Boost, and Oil temp.Blue LED dash lightsGreddy Boost controllerGreddy Turbo timerCustom made Diamond plate aluminum foot restClifford car alarm W/auto start and two way pagingPlanned:12” Vibe audio Space subs6.5” Vibe audio space speakers front and rear.Vibe audio appropriate ampsSeats with more side bolsterCustom carbon lower half of doorsCustom made Rear X bracePerformance:Custom made front strut tower barHotchkiss front and rear sway barsEnergy suspension motor mount insertsTein SS coil oversPower slot rotors front and rear with Hawke padsTRD Short throw shifterSpeed source Shifter bushings for trans and sifter mount.Monkey wrench racing Transmission - Matrix/Corolla 6-spd 3.9:1 LSDMWR lightweight fly wheelACT clutch HDG4Custom made battery bracket mount/radiator bracket mountMishimoto radiatorOBX silicone coolant hosesUnorthodox racing Alt and water pulleys Aquamist water/methanol injection system Bosh 840cc injectorsWalbro 255lph fuel pumpGarrett GT 28RS turboGreddy RZ blow off valveGreddy Emanage ultimate ECUCustom made Inter cooler piping/powder coatedPPE cat less mid pipe Electric exhaust cut outGreddy EVO 2 axle backPlanned:Apexi Power commander ECUEnergy suspension front/rear arm bushings.Return fuel system with fuel railMore boost! And much more as I think of it.2011On the Dyno in KansasTailsHoodEngineRadiatorBatt Tray/ IntakeValve cover/MIS partsTurboWater Meth kitClutch/FlywheelOldNew Clutch/Trans/FlywheelExhaustBakes/ChassisTein SS CoiloversStrut barSway barsA pillarsDash/shifterECUFoot restComming SoonRandom PicsColor I want my car to beSweet TruckHonda Pilot
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

wow!very nice work. your ride has come a long way.
http://
KITT222

Re: Mac99d-04 GT (mac99d)

Post by KITT222 »

That is one jaw-droppingly amazing Vibe. Just about anything you can mess with has been upgraded. Great work! Me MUCHO gusta!
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Very nice!!! What's next on the list?
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Mac99d-04 GT (star_deceiver)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Awesome pics man.as a fellow Viber with big *** wheels....the 19"s looks incredible how is the plastic in your wheel wells holding up?
mac99d

Re: Mac99d-04 GT (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by mac99d »

Thanks for the comps.....What’s next is hopefully finish my engine damper by the end of Christmas break. I am planning on attending the Texas mile in march. So getting the car ready for that is also in the mix.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Holy. Crap.
Steelies to the rescue.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

A ton of customization!!! Nice work!! Looks great, Jason!!!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Ls1jorge

Post by Ls1jorge »

you did a great job on ur build, looks nice! how were u able to get the HVAC Lights to Blue???
05 Vibe-Pioneer indash touch, Remote Start Alarm, TSW 18 inch.
99 Camaro z28- Cammed/Stalled/Full Bolt Ons
mac99d

Re: (Ls1jorge)

Post by mac99d »

I got all the leds from herehttp://www.superbrightleds.com....htmlSorry but I don’t remember the size to just the HAVC. This is what I bought to do it all.10 | NEOx-x: NEOx LED Instrument bulb | $ 1.29 | NEO3-B: 3mm NEO3-x Blue------------------------------------------------------------ 2 | NEOx-xHP: NEOx High Power LED Instrument bulb| $ 2.29 | NEO4-BHP: 4mm NEO4-xHP Blue------------------------------------------------------------ 2 | NEOx-xHP: NEOx High Power LED Instrument bulb| $ 2.29 | NEO5-BHP: 5mm NEO5-xHP Blue------------------------------------------------------------ 1 | 3022-xHP4: 4 High Power LED Festoon Bulb | $ 6.95 | 3022-CWHP4: Cool White ------------------------------------------------------------ 1 | BA9s-xHP6: 6 LED High Power Bulb | $ 4.95 | BA9S-CWHP6: Cool White
Mac's Vibe.

mac99d

Re: (mac99d)

Post by mac99d »

Some new pics
Mac's Vibe.

Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

With all that blue on the interior, i think someone needs to change the instrument cluster lights lol. From what it looks like, yo ushould have no problem with something like that!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Sweet mother of god. This is what I wanted to do to my Vibe when I had it. Great work man. If you're ever in the IL area let me know. I would like to see how that fares against my HHR SS.
smeadows7

Post by smeadows7 »

How do you like the tein ss coilovers? I'm seriously considering switching from the s-techs with tokico hp struts. I was hoping for a little more comfort and adjustability, maybe you can give some insight.Beautiful car by the way man.
mandoeclipse

Post by mandoeclipse »

very very nice!!!
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Dude you are a STUD! Your Vibe will stack up to any Vibe/Matrix and kick azz
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
Brandort3

Post by Brandort3 »

LOVE what your doing to the car. it was kind've ironic, I was looking for new rims for my vibe yesterday and then when i stumbled upon the Koning rims that you have, i realized they were the exact ones i had had my eye on earlier that day! Good choice there. Also, just out of curiousity, how much HP are you putting out now with all of the mods you've done and how much boost are you putting out? I love that you used the GT version too, seeing as how mine is also a GT
NascarXprt

Re: Mac99d-04 GT (Brandort3)

Post by NascarXprt »

Dude, mac awesome job on the vibe! one question though, how and where did you find the GM body kit?
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
mac99d

Re: Mac99d-04 GT (NascarXprt)

Post by mac99d »

Sitting on 270 at the wheels.....I got lucky and found the body kit on eBay For 500+shiping. That was a while ago that I found it their
Mac's Vibe.

Wingnut

Re: Mac99d-04 GT (ETHOLIC)

Post by Wingnut »

Very nice ride. It has come a along way! My questions is with the pillars. Is that carbon fiber you stretched over it or is that a carbon fiber/vinyl decal? That looks sweet either way. :shock:
2004 Vibe 5 speed with factory oem body kit and wings.
Mods: Sound system, 18" Excel MR7 Rims, 225 40 R18 tires ACT 4 puck clutch.

Brandort3

Post by Brandort3 »

When you first got the Konig rims, did you have the new suspension? and is the picture with the Koning's with the new or old suspension?
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Not sure what suspension you are referring to, but it has been lowered with the coil-overs since 2004. So I would say yes.
Mac's Vibe.

lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Have you done anything to direct more air up through the engine bay and out the hood vent? I read something about that yesterday while looking up vented hoods yesterday,
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Hay wingnut it is real carbon fiber that I stretched over the pillar. I put some resin on first, and let it get tacky to keep it in place while the final coat of resin got put on.

Lannvouivre no I have not done anything to direct the air. I can tell you that t works well because when there is snow on my hood that’s the first place it melts from.
Mac's Vibe.

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

mac99d wrote:Hay wingnut it is real carbon fiber that I stretched over the pillar. I put some resin on first, and let it get tacky to keep it in place while the final coat of resin got put on.

Lannvouivre no I have not done anything to direct the air. I can tell you that t works well because when there is snow on my hood that’s the first place it melts from.
Thats what I thought it looked like! :D
2004 Vibe 5 speed with factory oem body kit and wings.
Mods: Sound system, 18" Excel MR7 Rims, 225 40 R18 tires ACT 4 puck clutch.

mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Little Update. I am working on a new catch-can, engine damper, and getting ready to switch to the MR2 Turbo 5 speed trans. I will post pics when it is done. I have made my boost control vacuum manifold. Here are some pics of that.

Here is the start of the damper.

Start of the Catch-can.

Mac's Vibe.

lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Jason makes things that most people just go out and buy.

I'm seriously considering bribing you to do the HVAC panel decals for me, I don't feel confident that I can do them as well. The stock sparkley silver trim pieces make me sad :(
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

I am sure I can help you out with that. ;)
Mac's Vibe.

Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

I'll be heading your way soon you ready for a mini vibe/matrix meet? I want to see that beast up close.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

I am down when you heading this way. :)
Mac's Vibe.

lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Did you finish the catch can yet? What about the new transmission? PICS!
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Catch can is on the back burner...got it cut out and my MIG welder took a poo. So i got the kit from MWR the other day now I need time to put it in besides I still am waiting on the outer half on the shafts.

The trans has an internal cooler with excess to it to install a external oil cooler as well.

Axles are 500hp rated...man they are beefy.

Clutch rated to 383tq

Mac's Vibe.

lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I bet that if someone broke into your house, you could defend yourself, your family, and your car very well with the axle. All without putting so much as a scratch on it!
sparky494

Post by sparky494 »

DAMN! Your car is one sweet ride! It is a testament of what one can do with a little creativity and a lot of ingenuity. Love seeing the boys wrenching on it with you. Keep sending us the pics!
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

lannvouivre wrote:I bet that if someone broke into your house, you could defend yourself, your family, and your car very well with the axle. All without putting so much as a scratch on it!
I think your right....I would bust a fool with it and still get down the road....lol
sparky494 wrote:(removed)! Your car is one sweet ride! It is a testament of what one can do with a little creativity and a lot of ingenuity. Love seeing the boys wrenching on it with you. Keep sending us the pics!
Thanks man...I will do. :D
Mac's Vibe.

DVibe

Post by DVibe »

Hey Mac, I got a question about the front sway bar. I have the hotchkis bars, and in the front I have it set on the firmest setting. I am hearing that this may not be the best idea, and that some are even removing the front sway bar? I am wondering what settings you have played around with and what your experiences and preferences are for spirited usage (not autocross or anything).
Roll with soul.
DVibe's Garage
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

I run mine on the firmest setting too. I have ran the bar in both and unhooked.
1. No bar. When I ran the car in autocross with no bar hooked up I found that it dives in a lot with a lot of under-steer. Driving it on the roads it felt real sloppy to me.
2. Softer setting. With the adjust-ability of my coil overs it felt a lot better on the street, and at the track under-steer was less but it was hard to predict when it would push.
3. Firm setting. I prefer this setting on the road and track. On the road I can adjust my coil-overs to a softer setting still giving me maximum stability with a decent ride. At the track I like a more neutral feel in the car by adjusting the settings on my car I can make it over-steer or under-steer with the throttle and brake. This setting provides me with my best times.
Hope that helps you out. :D
Mac's Vibe.

DVibe

Post by DVibe »

Thanks! :D That is definitely the type of information I was seeking. I am wishing I had some coil-overs now for all that adjustability! I think I will keep it firm then for now... it feels decent, stable, and predictable. I was worried about the OEM end links getting bent or broken as well. So far they are fine. Any issues for you there?
Roll with soul.
DVibe's Garage
Th17kit

Post by Th17kit »

Awesome ride man! Holy **** you've put a lot of work into your car.
2009 Vibe GT
Manual
K&N Typhoon
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Thanks......Its been a long fun journey. :D
Mac's Vibe.

lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I'm still waiting to hear about that catch can again.
klutzycarlover

Post by klutzycarlover »

Absolutely love the build so far! Can't wait to see more! :D

So.... What are you doing with that old clutch of yours? I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands for you! :mrgreen: PM me if you still have it, hopefully we can work out a deal on price/shipping.
hoooboy

Post by hoooboy »

Wow! Alot of work!
Very good!
treesleavedents

Post by treesleavedents »

Awesome build, I've got a couple of questions. How did you get your remote start to work with the manual trans? And how has the turbo setup worked in terms of reliability for you? No work on the heads or valvetrain? Just a turbo and engine management?
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

He only did the turbo and engine management. There might also be meth injection.

I would need to see the wiring diagram for the unit you're using. You'd have better luck reaching Jason if you messaged him on Facebook.