2004 Vibe, Ligion's

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
BlueCrush

Re: 2004 Vibe, Ligion's (ligion)

Post by BlueCrush »

Unique look with the 2-tone and the body kit. I like it. The wheel gap could use some filling either by lowering or with a larger wheel/tire set-up.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ligion

Re: 2004 Vibe, Ligion's (BlueCrush)

Post by ligion »

I will not be lowering it, it already has clearance issues, maybe wheels/tires in the future. Thanks!
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Unique look with the 2-tone and the body kit. I like it. +2 Very nice!
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Look nice. So is that the stock fog lights I see in the front clip?If so, that's pretty sweet
ligion

Re: 2004 Vibe, Ligion's (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by ligion »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »Look nice. So is that the stock fog lights I see in the front clip?If so, that's pretty sweet Yes the front fog lights are stock. all stock lights fit right in with some grinding Thanks!
A Psycho Martyr

Awesome. In my experience, getting your hands a lil dirty and fixin stuff yourself usually yields great results. Good job. I was actually gonna compliment the fitment of that bumper. Guess you had a hand in that?
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

interesting direction. btw how can you stand florida summers without window tint?
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (rAERRK)

Not sure if you care about having a sig at all, but here's one I worked up real quick. Took the liberty of lowering the Vibe a tad for you
ligion

Post by ligion »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »Awesome. In my experience, getting your hands a lil dirty and fixin stuff yourself usually yields great results. Good job. I was actually gonna compliment the fitment of that bumper. Guess you had a hand in that? Actually the front bumper when it came in the mail, was pretty deformed and wouldn't fit the car. But i handed it over to my Dad who is a pro body shop mechanic and he stretched it out the way it needed to be with some heat. We just recently Painted the gray plastic molding and kit flat black. The stock molding was getting pretty sun bleached.
ligion

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by ligion »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »Not sure if you care about having a sig at all, but here's one I worked up real quick. Took the liberty of lowering the Vibe a tad for you Sweet Thank you! I'll add it as soon as i figure it out
NascarXprt

Re: (ligion)

Post by NascarXprt »

Very nice! looking at some of the shots you posted it looks like there are some mold creases to where you can still paint it two tone, like in this picture:if you look closely you can see a division in the bumper on the sides by the head light to where it could be a true two tone.still looks great! i may just have to get this kit
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (NascarXprt)

What do you plan on doing for the grille? Maybe a mesh?Or could your dad work with billet maybe?
wingman7000

Post by wingman7000 »

I'd go with larger wheel's tires myself it would be more fitting in my humble opinion.
ligion

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by ligion »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »What do you plan on doing for the grille? Maybe a mesh?Or could your dad work with billet maybe?There is actually mesh there, when we painted everything black, we painted the mesh black too. From a distance and in most pictures it looks like its not there, but in person you can see the black mesh. I plan on buying the 05' Stock grill insert eventually. So if anyone has any extra laying around let me know @ NascarXprt: It's a little pricey at the moment to do the front end 2 tone, but it's on the list of things-to-do. Thanks all
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

i figured there was a reason behind it. but thats good its on the to do list!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

not bad but definitely needs wheels big time.
kostby

Post by kostby »

Nice! I like the two-tone look with a body kit.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
ligion

Post by ligion »

Updated mods and such, this is the 1st time I've made a list of plans and things to do for the car.
DjGodspeed89

Post by DjGodspeed89 »

I'm considering this kit. Is it duraflex? Whats your opinion. Where you satisfied and where did you order it from? On 1-10 scale how difficult was the install........
I pity the FOOL who ain't Vibin'!
ligion

Re: (DjGodspeed89)

Post by ligion »

Quote, originally posted by DjGodspeed89 »I'm considering this kit. Is it duraflex? Whats your opinion. Where you satisfied and where did you order it from? On 1-10 scale how difficult was the install........This body kit was something i wanted for years... When i actually had enough to buy it i looked around for the cheapest "Duraflex" kit. Found it on ebay for about $550 w/o shipping. When the kit arrived it showed up in great condition in all the duraflex packaging.Now i don't exactly know what Duraflex material is supposed to be made up of, but i can tell you it was not any where near as flexible as shown on videos. Duraflex appears to just be 100% fiberglass that might...maybe be flexible. Mine wasn't anyways.The body kit went on pretty easy , the rear, and sides. The front bumper was Deformed beyond fitting my car. I had to hand it over to my Dad who had to heat it up really hot and force the bumper back into shape ( Because it wouldn't "Duraflex" into shape) Even still it looked good after finally installing it.Is it DuraFlex? I don't know, but if you ever order a kit just order the Plastic one with NO fiberglass in it. They are as flexible as plastic should be.Was i satisfied? No, because i paid about $150 extra for the Duraflex but it turned out to be just normal looking fiberglass.Ordered from? Ebay. The user I purchased from was express_aero_kits, shipping took way to long. I ended up having to track down the guys "Company" and reminded him a few times that he needs to send me my kit =/ Difficulty of installation? I think it depends on the level you wish to be involved. If you a person who doesn't want to get you hands dirty and you don't know how to draw a strait line even with a ruler, this is at least a 9/10 task. But if you willing to go out and get the right tools, and you're pretty good with your hands, this was about 4/10 and lots of fun. The kits comes with excess material that needs to be grinned back or largely but precisely cut off. I use a Black and Decker power-drill and a dremel tool for shaping and precision cutting. Link to the dremel tool I used http://www.dremel.com/en-us/st....aspx Should you CHOOSE to use this body kit, I'd just like to state that you get very very very little clearance with stock suspension. If my car was an inch lower i wouldn't be able to get into most parking lots and my own drive way. If you look at the pics above you can see that my vibe is lower than my brothers Subaru which IS lowered. Hoped this post helped you!
DjGodspeed89

Post by DjGodspeed89 »

Thanks! I think i will do it, I have the eager hands and the Dremel ready...! Any other opinions before i take this dive?
I pity the FOOL who ain't Vibin'!
A Psycho Martyr

Quote, originally posted by DjGodspeed89 »Any other opinions before i take this dive?When you remove the front lip you just put on, keep it intact and put it up on this thread for grabs. Someone'll appreciate it
ligion

Post by ligion »

Quote, originally posted by DjGodspeed89 » Thanks! I think i will do it, I have the eager hands and the Dremel ready...! Any other opinions before i take this dive?Yeah, in order to remove the rear bumper you have to get a very deep socket set, and go in to the bumper from UNDER the spare tire compartment. Their are 4 very long screws with nuts that need to be loosened or removed for the stock bumper to come off. That was probably the most annoying part about the job. they are hard to see and hard to get to...
budsully13

Post by budsully13 »

How did you attach the side skirts? I might be overlooking something but I can't seem to figure out how they attach on
2004 Vibe Lava Red AutomaticRed LEDGlow Interior/Exterior UnderglowPioneer AVH-P3200BT HU4 6.5" Alpine Type S Speakers & Kicker L7 12" Square SubWeapon-r Dragon air intakeATI Racing Body Kit5% Tint (Rear, Cargo, and Hatch)
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Do you have better pics of the rear bumper? I really like the clean design & it seems to match grey cladding perfectly. Way cheaper than an OEM bumper. No need to paint either since i have grey cladding.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
ligion

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by ligion »

Not right now but i can clean it up and take some pictures later today! How ever i painted my cladding all Black, so it doesn't really match oem. But the paint and supplies were less than $40.
ligion

Re: (budsully13)

Post by ligion »

Quote, originally posted by budsully13 »How did you attach the side skirts? I might be overlooking something but I can't seem to figure out how they attach on they should just fit right on after some cutting My skirts had an excess of material that had to come off down the length of them, and you also have to drill those holes in them for the plastic oem clip things to fit through.
budsully13

Post by budsully13 »

Do you have any pictures of the clips?? I think my kit came from a different company and the moldings are different It doesn't have the spot for clips on the side skirts or the spot for the pontiac decal on the front
2004 Vibe Lava Red AutomaticRed LEDGlow Interior/Exterior UnderglowPioneer AVH-P3200BT HU4 6.5" Alpine Type S Speakers & Kicker L7 12" Square SubWeapon-r Dragon air intakeATI Racing Body Kit5% Tint (Rear, Cargo, and Hatch)
ligion

Re: (budsully13)

Post by ligion »

Quote, originally posted by budsully13 »Do you have any pictures of the clips?? I think my kit came from a different company and the moldings are different It doesn't have the spot for clips on the side skirts or the spot for the pontiac decal on the front First off, that looks great Right now I don't have the pics, I have to dig out my camera still. But in order for my skirts to fit and set nicely I had to drill holes along the length of the pieces, some plastic round-ish plugs fit into those. When I drilled my holes there were already indentations of where they had to be placed and they matched up perfectly. If your do not have this, you going to have to measure it out and do it that way. Your OEM skirts should have those same holes that you can use as a reference measurement . I'm not sure if your has this though because my OEM skirts didn't have the shaved look yours does. I'll get back to you tomorrow with pics if I can. If you want my number send me a personal message and I'll get it to you that way.My front end came with a arrowhead shape dip in the front bumper for my badge, I don't know how to help you there.Edit: Also i had to add some self starting screws along the skirts to get them to hold in place properly along the inside of the door jams, a little black paint and they disappeared.
ligion

Post by ligion »

Over the last few days I've been doing lots of cleaning on the Vibe and I also did some painting. Rims, brake drums, and calipers. I'll have more and better lighted pics after a few days.

553634=16351-461523_3416209405752_1285596644_3417356_463137286_o.jpg
ligion

Post by ligion »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »can't wait for some better pics. Those calipers stand out amazinglyHere are some better pics!
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

How is the paint holding up on those wheels? I like it!!
http://
ligion

Re: (DressedInBlack)

Post by ligion »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »How is the paint holding up on those wheels? I like it!!Well, it's been a few days and i've been all around town, even the beach yesterday. I've light washed them, and so far they are holding up and still look new! So i guess i did something right