CAMOGIRL - 2003 Lava :)

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
CAMOGIRL

CAMOGIRL - 2003 Lava :)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

**THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED FOR VIEWING EASE**Decided on a true direction for the Vibe!! The idea is to stick with my red and black theme, but I am moving along the lines of a "factory special edition" I have some TOP SECRET plans that you will only see once its done, but this is the general idea, and the major reason for wanting to use as many TRD and GM parts as possible.WISHLIST:GM GO FAST! body kit--upper spoiler *DONE 10-20-11*--mid gate spoiler--lower body kitcustom embroidery on headrests *DONE 8-9-11*debadge *DONE 6-30-11*TRD lowering springsTRD superchargerCaliper paintREAL black rims...Window tintingNEW windshield :/Experimenting with color via plasti-dip (Then official color when I am done with school)*DONE 9-28-11*Custom badgesCustom body-match interior components *DONE 6-15-11*Dual exhaust...really digging the Borla sound (it will be mine... OH YES, it will be mine )Double din full touch screen HU (still researching brands, units)AND some sort of SUB...Progress:It's MINE! First time driving it off the dealer lot The first wash, about a week after I got itThe body-match interior:DEBADGED!The custom embroidery:Black cladding:SPOILER!! Added one of my badges back on
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

you can update as much as you want or need.your Vibe is lookin so nice and shiny.one question: is the color of your hubby's truck "megatron grey"?
http://
epcIII

Re: (DressedInBlack)

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by Dressed »one question: is the color of your hubby's truck "megatron grey"?Maybe it's "Starscream slate". Hope you enjoy your Vibe!
lovemyraffe

Re: CAMOGIRL - 2003 Lava :) (CAMOGIRL)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Love the Lava.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

had some fun at the park.. wanted pics I could play with but not having any luck... and a little hint about what will come down the road...I can do a little but most of my cash has to go to school. I'm planning on red caliper paint and some vinyl graphics for the summer, and that's it unless I can find a set of black rims for $100 (BIG LOL)
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

sweeeeet.
(Double D)

Post by (Double D) »

Its Like Deja Vu...... Nice ride CG. I am so jealous of the sunroof, wish mine had one. Black rims are easy... just bust out the Rattle Can. Then its just a maintenance issue.
CAMOGIRL

Re: ((Double D))

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I can't wait to see yours dropped, D, not sure when mine will get there... Also check out gekko's vibe its like ours and has several mods.
(Double D)

Post by (Double D) »

I will be sure to check out Gekko's. I am going to get the body kit put on mine before I drop it just to make sure my son can still drive it reasonably with having to worry about scraping everywhere.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Black rims on red cars!!! Can't go wrong there!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Zer0VIBE03

Post by Zer0VIBE03 »

Vibe Twin!!!! I love my two tone lava... 2003 and I just hit 100K also I wish the paint on the nose/hood of my car looked as good as yours.
2003 "Lava" Vibe
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Today I tackled one of the bigger interior projects that I had in mind. Painted all of the metallic silver pieces inside the car to match the body color. I wasn't sure about finding a perfect match, but I'll tell ya, Red Pepper in Krylon's Fusion spray paint is dang near a dead ringer for Lava! I used several light coats of the red until I got the color I was looking for. It started off a little dark on the silver, but eventually turned out. I also bought the Fusion clear coat which has UV protection, and sprayed two good coats on, then touched up the dry spots. It was scary as heck to me to take all this apart, but it was pretty easy, especially with the help of a few threads on here when it came to taking apart the piece around the shifter. I'm proud of the paint job (thank you to a summer job on a paint line) and super proud that I had the guts to do it in the first place I wanted to bring a little of the red to the back so I painted the pull cups the same color. Still trying to decide on whether doing the front door pull cups would be overkill or just right... The headrests are a little preview, I wasn't going to post a pic til they were done, the ones on the front seats now are the rear ones because the front ones are at the shop getting done, and I can handle no rests in the back way bettter than in front, lol.I my Vibe even more!!Next step: Debadge and send them off to get customized
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

your dash looks incredible i love how the clear coat turned out. it doesn't look cheaply donei'm not brave enough to paint the handles in my door panels
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Are you and Michelle having a contest for the most red inside the car? RED FTW!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
(Double D)

Post by (Double D) »

Looks really good. I was thinking about doing that. Now I am gonna do it for sure.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Thanks for the compliments! I really think the clear coat makes the difference between looking like a good spray job and looking like it came from the factory that way. I almost didn't put it on but so glad I did, esp for the UV protection.
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

needs more blue!
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

Looks great! A little time and paint makes a huge difference!
bassplayaz06

Re: (Beer Belly)

Post by bassplayaz06 »

haha gotta love that 2 tone lava! ever seen another one like ours, that's a GT? i haven't seen one yet, on here or in town. and i noticed, next to your hatch glass release button, you don't have the security light like mine does. any clue if that was a package?
2003 Vibe GT, 1.8L, 6 speed Manual Lava Red 2 tone18" sport edition rimsCosmo CAIMy Garage http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42483
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »Are you and Michelle having a contest for the most red inside the car? RED FTW!This ^^^^Very nice!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
CAMOGIRL

Re: (bassplayaz06)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by bassplayaz06 »haha gotta love that 2 tone lava! ever seen another one like ours, that's a GT? i haven't seen one yet, on here or in town. and i noticed, next to your hatch glass release button, you don't have the security light like mine does. any clue if that was a package?I have come to love the 2-tone. I didn't like it at first, but I do now. I have NEVER seen another 2-tone lava in person. Only one other lava ever actually, and I have never seen a GT in person. They are few and far between in this rural area. My security light is on my HU, not sure what the difference there is??Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »This ^^^^ I'm pretty sure Michelle would whup me on that one she has a LOT more in there than me. I'm going to add some carbon-fiber overlays to the chrome (Except for the gauge rings, b/c I like how it reflects the glow), but that should be it for interior cosmetics. I've just always dug the way body-match pieces look. It just feels sportier!
bassplayaz06

Re: (CAMOGIRL)

Post by bassplayaz06 »

yeah, i've only seen one other 2 tone lava. there's one GT around here, it's an abyss with the GM spoiler package and alloy wheels. looks pretty stock, and it's a 2004. sad that i can tell all that from one glance... lol. there's a lot of vibe's around here, most are between 05-08. i love how rare my car is:D my girlfriend likes to call it a mans minivan with speed.... can't get onto her much cause she drives a 1980 El Camino. but i see it this way, we're both driving gender confused GM's.
2003 Vibe GT, 1.8L, 6 speed Manual Lava Red 2 tone18" sport edition rimsCosmo CAIMy Garage http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42483
CAMOGIRL

Re: (bassplayaz06)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Funny, I saw an abyss the other day all murdered out with the spoilers, NOT a GT, though, I was disappointed. It's local to the town I was in and had the old KS plates, I haven't seen it before or since, so no pics. Maybe one of these years we can get all of the lavas together at a meet... not in the next couple years here though with school.
bassplayaz06

Post by bassplayaz06 »

yeah... i was so surprised when i saw another 2 tone lava in the same parking lot
(Double D)

Post by (Double D) »

there are a few out here in vegas. i see like 3 a day. although they are probably the same 3. lol
bassplayaz06

Post by bassplayaz06 »

haha yeah, it's strange how around here, you see more 2010 camaro's than any year vibe. what recession?
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Debadged her yesterday... I'm going to send them to be customized, but it might be a while before I put them back on, and it won't be the same spot.. I REALLY this sleek look at the moment!I'd like to move the arrowhead to the lower middle, under the license plate. I am not sure if it's only attached with adhesive or if its bolted like the 2gens... any advice here is welcome!also happened to get my new favorite picture of my Vibe while I was out...
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

um, please quit making our vibes look sub-par! jk. that last pic is friggin boss!
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Nice work, Alicia. And the Pontiac arrow is affixed with the same adhesive. No holes to worry about underneath. I, too, thought of relocating it directly under the plate, but decided just to leave the Vibe sleek and simple. All of my badges are still intact, in a drawer where I keep my crap. I've thought about Plasti-dipping all of the removed badges in the Pontiac red and putting them all back on, but I've been debadged for over a year and loving it. Decisions, decisions.
Steelies to the rescue.
Gekko

Post by Gekko »

Awesome work... at this rate, you'll be caught up with me in no time.
Greg - Gekko
2003 Pontiac Vibe base 1zz-fe auto
CAMOGIRL

Re: (Gekko)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Thanks guys! I enjoyed every second of the 4 hours I spent on it detailing yesterday. Discovered reason number 65 to lower it: So I can reach the ROOF! lol!
(Double D)

Post by (Double D) »

Dang!!!! I only wish mine looked that good.... I would have to spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy more than 4hrs to get mine even close to that clean.
MotoAce51

Post by MotoAce51 »

I like the painted interior parts. Only part left is the gage bezzel.
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU
CAMOGIRL

Re: (MotoAce51)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Thanks! I'm leaving the chrome part chrome because I like the way it reflects the lights from the dash at night, I think painting the black part red might be too much red right in the area, so if I can find a CF overlay for it, I'll go for that.
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

Very nice!! Makes me want to wash and clean mine tomorrow. JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
MotoAce51

Post by MotoAce51 »

I agree with leaving the chrome, I was just thinking black would look good. Kind of like PsychoMartyr's being white. It just seems like somethings missing. Im thinking of doing it to my abyss soon....
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I kind of already feel a bit off balance with not much being over on the passenger side... If I could decide on something to pull over there, then I might go for it.... Not sure. What color you thinking for yours?
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »needs more blue! OK OK.... I found this guy on the pavement beside my tire, I would have run him over, so I rescued him, and added some BLUE because it goes SO well with my red cherries and zebra star... Oh well, he's cute!
MotoAce51

Post by MotoAce51 »

I agree. You totaly needed to add the blue monkey!
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Just adding this to my garage Still very happy with the outcome!
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

revamped my OP on this thread to include progress pics, added pics of the paint job on my cladding to the OP. Check it out!
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

The black cladding looks great! Really great! Nice job.
CAMOGIRL

Re: CAMOGIRL - 2003 Lava :) (KITT222)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

THANKS!I was going to try out my rims black too, but the silver is set off so nicely now with the cladding so dark, I think I'll leave them alone. Still planning on blacking out the roof rack rails though.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Finally installed my spoiler. Had to get some pics up, need to do a fall detail badly but I don't have time to have a life right now with school, so I figured I needed to update when I got the chance, dirtybirdpooneedsawaxinandalittleairinthetires or not. AND got my new fave photo of the vibe, I'll include it last.
Gekko

Post by Gekko »

Car is coming alone nicely girl. Keep up the great work.
Greg - Gekko
2003 Pontiac Vibe base 1zz-fe auto
CAMOGIRL

Re: (Gekko)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

THANKS! I'm still jealous of your drop... lol
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

Looks good, the spoiler is a nice addition. I liked seeing this one on the older Vibes, but I didn't really care for the second one that mounted below the hatch glass, seemed a little overkill. JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
KITT222

Re: (csxt8058)

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by csxt8058 »Looks good, the spoiler is a nice addition. I liked seeing this one on the older Vibes, but I didn't really care for the second one that mounted below the hatch glass, seemed a little overkill. JRX2It looks great!
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Spoiler looks AWESOME! Did you install it yourself? Glad it worked out for ya