CAMOGIRL - 2003 Lava :)

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I cheated. With school and work I am barely ever home so I stopped by one of the body shops and offered the guy $50 to put it on for me. That's one of the reasons I am putting off any more mods til summer, I hate not doing it myself, but I wanted that on there! The only other thing I expect to pay someone else to do for me is tinting.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
vibenvy

Re: CAMOGIRL - 2003 Lava :) (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by csxt8058 »Looks good, the spoiler is a nice addition. I liked seeing this one on the older Vibes, but I didn't really care for the second one that mounted below the hatch glass, seemed a little overkill.x2 on the spoiler being a nice addition ! It reminds me of the 2009-2010 GT spoilers.x2 on the hatch spoiler too. I always thought it looked extremely out of place .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (CAMOGIRL)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »x2 on the hatch spoiler too. I always thought it looked extremely out of placeQuote, originally posted by csxt8058 » I didn't really care for the second one that mounted below the hatch glass, seemed a little overkill.
CAMOGIRL

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I haven't replied about the mid gate spoiler because I figured I'd kill you all with the pics once I get mine, LOL. I think the gen1's have a soccer mom bubble (removed) look and the spoilers make it more sporty. I have to say though that with my black cladding and when the windows get tinted, I think it'll be black like Brandon's. I think it gives it the look with class. But we wont have to worry about that til next summer.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

I actually have the complete opposite opinion of most here. I think the mid-gate spolier alone is the way to go. But, that's just me. Quote, originally posted by CAMOGIRL »I think the gen1's have a soccer mom bubble (removed) lookOh, yeah? Then, get-a-load-a this! My wife and I call the Pacifica the "Big (removed) Car."
Steelies to the rescue.
CAMOGIRL

Re: (jkm311)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »My wife and I call the Pacifica the "Big (removed) Car." Exactly lol.
KNINE

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by KNINE »

LOL
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
vibenvy

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by vibenvy »

I wasn't "hating" on the mid-gate spoiler per say, it's just not my taste.It reminds me of this look on Pontiac Sunfire Coupes (stock spoiler and RK Sport Street Fighter spoiler; just too much going on IMO):
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

addded my new badge
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Just wanted to ask how you did that effect on the badges, seems like something I might consider if I don't overlay. Oh, and I'm digging the look of your vibe. I'm thinking of the interior painting as well, just need a weekend to tear down and make it happen.
A Psycho Martyr

hotbug1776 wrote:Just wanted to ask how you did that effect on the badges, seems like something I might consider if I don't overlay.
I painted the badges for her
lannvouivre

Re: CAMOGIRL - 2003 Lava :)

Post by lannvouivre »

How many cans of which paint did you use on the cladding? I really want to do mine.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I used plasti-dip, but I was highly considering taking it off and going with something like Krylon Fusion before I sold her.

It took three cans to cover, but I went and got another and emptied it on her just to be sure lol.

Also, with covering that amount of surface with the plasti-dip, I think maybe Brandon said this somewhere too.. You need to lay down like a "pepper" layer, don't try to cover on your first layer or even two, that will help your subsequent heavier layers just stick and not run. Better coverage that way.

I wanted a nice heavy coat to be sure that I could peel it off that textured surface if i want. Pay special attention to heaviness in areas of high traffic, like the kickplate where you get in and out, that got shredded pretty quickly with feet getting in and out. Also, where the cladding arches up over the rear wheels, that gets a lot of breeze and DEbris, so it should be a little heavier. Those are the ONLY two places I have had to retouch and the car STILL has it on it. It was easy to retouch as well, just use an exacto to trim the hanging part, poke the edge down flat, and spray right over it. It seemed to self-level and never could tell there was a blemish. Good luck I am excited to see how it comes out, I was SO pleased with the result.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Saw my baby on the road the other day, we passed on the highway :cry: Then I found out that the oil use problem was not in my head. The new owner had to rebuild the engine in her, he told me that the oil was blowing out through the exhaust valve. This makes sense to me since the entire back of the car would routinely become black with oily soot, plus that black nasty that would drip out of the tail with the water.

Good news is that they were aware of a possible problem, and had the means to rebuild the engine themselves. I know this was the only (but huge) issue she had, and I am glad she was well taken care of.

We are still first offer for when my niece gets out of college and is ready for a new car. :D
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Ohh how I miss my baby girl! Cool thing is, that since now all I own are 2-door cars, and I am expecting a new addition in April... I am scouring Craigslist in search of the coolest reliable 4-door car I have ever known <3 I am hoping to pick up an 03/04 GT. WHOOP
runningslow

Post by runningslow »

Congrats! 8-)
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

CAMOGIRL wrote:Ohh how I miss my baby girl! Cool thing is, that since now all I own are 2-door cars, and I am expecting a new addition in April... I am scouring Craigslist in search of the coolest reliable 4-door car I have ever known <3 I am hoping to pick up an 03/04 GT. WHOOP
Nice to hear from you again and the AWESOME news of your expanding family :P Another Vibe would be a smart move as these cars really protect their owners in the event of crashes and as you know, they are one of the most versatile cars ever built! Good luck and hope you find one soon ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
A Psycho Martyr

Hey, hey, hey.
I just got an email that there was a zombie thread coming back to life.lol

How you been chick?
I'm loving my Sonic LTZ!
Thanks for the suggestion ;)

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

As I've said on FB, congratulations on the baby (fingers crossed for an April 28th birth :D!) and good luck in your search for a "new" Vibe! Keep us posted on both ;)!
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:Hey, hey, hey.
I just got an email that there was a zombie thread coming back to life.lol

How you been chick?
I'm loving my Sonic LTZ!
Thanks for the suggestion ;)
You know me and my knack for bringing back the dead lol!

(removed)!!! Actually I've missed seeing you here and there and wondered what's been up. I SRSLY just let out a massive squee and had to explain to my boyfriend next to me why, and how hard I hounded you on the Sonic lol. Glad you love it, I miss mine every day :(

tpollauf wrote:
Nice to hear from you again and the AWESOME news of your expanding family :P Another Vibe would be a smart move as these cars really protect their owners in the event of crashes and as you know, they are one of the most versatile cars ever built! Good luck and hope you find one soon ;)

Yes, the reliability, style, and of course community is what is bringing me back to the Vibe.. can't wait!
vibenvy wrote:As I've said on FB, congratulations on the baby (fingers crossed for an April 28th birth :D!) and good luck in your search for a "new" Vibe! Keep us posted on both ;)!
hahaha! YEAH, oh man I will be SO over due by then! I was kinda hoping for an April 1 due date, can see the kiddo having fun with that lol.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Didn't you have an RS? What happened to it?
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

CAMOGIRL wrote:hahaha! YEAH, oh man I will be SO over due by then! I was kinda hoping for an April 1 due date, can see the kiddo having fun with that lol.
Ha! I was supposed to be born much earlier in April too :P!
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

thebarber wrote:Didn't you have an RS? What happened to it?
Well, someone took their aggression toward me out on my car after I left my ex. Destroyed her and broke my heart. Also scared me so I traded cars quietly. I currently drive an 07 Si coupe.