pandabreads - 2006 Vibe Base

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
pandabreads

pandabreads - 2006 Vibe Base

Post by pandabreads »

Figured this would be a good place to start my first post.I just purchased an 06 Vibe base and I must say this car is exactly what I was looking for!I'm not sure if any of this info is out there already, but I have complied a how to/review of the OEM GM roof bars below if anyone is curious about them. Starting off - As soon as I purchased my vibe I walked over to the parts counter and ordered the GM roof rack bars. A few days later I received them and prompt;y went to work. The install is pretty straight forward.... there are locking adjustment knobs at the end of each rail that must be loosened before you try to put them on the roof rack. Once the rails are slid into place and adjusted just tighten the locking ends and don't lose your key! I have attached the instructions that came along with the rails also. Fitment:Simply mount the bars onto the roof rack and adjust them so they are even and make sure the rubber grips are not folded or pinched. First bar installed:Both Bars installed: Thats it! The total install took a total of 15 minutes. Don't pay the dealer $50 for something anyone can do!I am extremely pleased with these bars. Pros:Decent price... I paid $130 shipped from my local dealer. My car is now totally tearing *** down the road.I can now haul ladders and such on top of my car - very useful! Cons:When I go over 55MPH there is a loud wind noise. Doesn't really bother me but something to consider if you plan on driving with nothing mounted to these. Next on the list is an upgraded stereo and speakers. The vibe stock sound system is fairly weak for my tastes.

Attached files Vibe_Roof_Rack.pdf (325.3 KB) 
epcIII

Re: pandabreads - 2006 Vibe Base (pandabreads)

Post by epcIII »

Welcome and thanks for the write-up! Question: What's the load limit on those? I'm just wondering if they're more than the crossbars that came with my Vibe.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: pandabreads - 2006 Vibe Base (epcIII)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Very nice! I'm actually wanting to get RID of my roof racks since i'll never use em, but yours do look nice
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Welcome to GenVibe!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

lookin good, man! welcome to the family
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
lovemyraffe

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Welcome to GenVibe! To cut down on the wind noise, invest in a Thule fairing.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
knightrace

Post by knightrace »

Welcome to genvibe!Are they easy to take off? Do they lock on with a key or something?P.s. anxious to see more pics of the rest of the car.
2005 Frosty White, Moon & Tunes, Leather, AutoDisabled DRL & AHLDouble Compartment Armrest Hella Super Tone Horns
06pvibe

Re: pandabreads - 2006 Vibe Base (knightrace)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by knightrace »Welcome to genvibe!P.s. anxious to see more pics of the rest of the car. In keeping with my M.O. for today... I'll second that!!Hey! Welcome to GenVibe!!
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

Welcome to genvibe
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

i always wondered what our roof rails were actually for
pandabreads

Post by pandabreads »

Thanks everyone! epcIII - I'm not really sure what the load limits are... I guess there is only one way to find out! knightrace - They are pretty simple to lock down/remove. Download the instructions and take a look at the "knobs" on the end. These are made out of high grade plastic and the lock cores feel very solid. I'll get some more pics of the car up soon. Battling salt covered roads and snow at the moment. My car is going back to the dealer for a warranty repair in the next day or so too. My cooling fan is powering on as soon as I start my car and stays running until I shut the car off.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by pandabreads »knightrace - They are pretty simple to lock down/remove. Download the instructions and take a look at the "knobs" on the end. These are made out of high grade plastic and the lock cores feel very solid. The GM bars are actually Thule with GM badges.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage