frankiemenz, 2010 Vibe base jetblack

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
frankiemenz

frankiemenz, 2010 Vibe base jetblack

Post by frankiemenz »

Hi Genvibe I am finally getting around to putting this on Genvibe Garage. I bought a 2010 Vibe base, jet black. I am very happy with it and very gratefull to a lot of the good 411 on this site/forum. I look foward to doing a few mods, esp. some 17" or 18" wheels next spring. I have a bio section and hopefully will have some pics up soon. Just wanted to say Hello and thank a lot of the members on here for some good info provided.----Frank
frankiemenz

Re: frankiemenz, 2010 Vibe base jetblack (frankiemenz)

Post by frankiemenz »

Here are some Pics, I did just get the stubby antenna today!!

Attached files
frankiemenz

Post by frankiemenz »

another pic, this car needs those 17" scion wheels badly!! I 've seen a lot of vibes on here with them and they look pretty hot!!!

Attached files
frankiemenz

Post by frankiemenz »

alas snow is coming so the steelies will be on all winter w/snow tires.

Attached files
frankiemenz

Post by frankiemenz »

BTW I got my stubby antenna from the local Honda dealer, I asked him for a s2000 antenna and he said he was out of em. He said he had one for a CRV, I told him send it. It turned out that it fit perfect and has the swirl like wire molded into the housing , I think this is for reduced wind noise. I got this for $13.00 cost, we get a discount but walk in off the street price was like $16.50. Part # is 39151-SWA-306 , it is refered to as "Element Assy.".
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! The Vibe looks great !I think I am going to have to order a couple of those stubby antennas for our Vibes. That looks really nice!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
jake75

Re: frankiemenz, 2010 Vibe base jetblack (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by jake75 »

What's with those "beautiful" NY plates?
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by frankiemenz »alas snow is coming so the steelies will be on all winter w/snow tires.What type of tires are you getting?Nice pics!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
frankiemenz

Re: frankiemenz, 2010 Vibe base jetblack (star_deceiver)

Post by frankiemenz »

Thanks for the comments "j_to_envy" I really liked your vibe albums and your cars look great, you have spent some time on those Vibes. Jake I know lol, why NY went back to these plates I'll never know, whatcha gonna do. Star--- I am going with P205/60R16 Nokian Nordman4, I hope they will clear suspension and wheel wells ok, they do look bigger than OE Goodyear eagle RSA's, they look a lot like the Hakkapeliita 4 treadwise, I'll let ya know how I like 'em in snow. I had Hakkapeliita 2's on a Camry and I really liked those.Good News too, I think I made a sweet deal on some takeoff Scion TC 17" wheels, tires and tpms sensors today with a local Toyota/scion dealership. I will keep ya' updated,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Frank
Drivinthvibe

Post by Drivinthvibe »

Welcome to genvibe and good to see another NY'er, I live an hr and a half from ya ..
frankiemenz

Re: frankiemenz, 2010 Vibe base jetblack (Drivinthvibe)

Post by frankiemenz »

Woo Hoo Go Sabres!!! How are ya' Drivinthvibe?? Good to see a fello NYer on here, esp. close!!!
Drivinthvibe

Post by Drivinthvibe »

Gonna be headed to Buffalo on Friday for the Sabres Vs. Leafs Game..
vibenvy

Re: frankiemenz, 2010 Vibe base jetblack (Drivinthvibe)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by frankiemenz »Thanks for the comments "j_to_envy" I really liked your vibe albums and your cars look great, you have spent some time on those Vibes.Awwww! Thanks for the kind words .I am definitely going to look into getting a couple of those stubby antennas for our Vibes. I was looking at mine yesterday and thought it would look better with a shorter one. Has your radio reception been affected at all or is it the same as with the stock antenna?Also, I hope you get the tC wheels! They will look really good. I believe you'll be the first '09-'10 with them! Be sure to post pictures if/when you get them .
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Awwww! Thanks for the kind words .I am definitely going to look into getting a couple of those stubby antennas for our Vibes. I was looking at mine yesterday and thought it would look better with a shorter one. Has your radio reception been affected at all or is it the same as with the stock antenna?Search Ebay for Honda S2000 Antenna, it is OEM from Honda and is only 7 inches long, no reception issues.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
vibenvy

Re: frankiemenz, 2010 Vibe base jetblack (ou.grizzly)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Search Ebay for Honda S2000 Antenna, it is OEM from Honda and is only 7 inches long, no reception issues.Thanks for the info!
frankiemenz

Post by frankiemenz »

The Honda S2000 antenna is the one I originally sought. When I called the local Honda dealer he was out of it. He sold me the CRV one for 13.00, also about 7" long but with the wire molded into the case and it sounds perfect. I had a clearance issue with my Garage door, it fits well now. I scanned all stations and get same as before. I am gonna save the other if I ever go on a long trip maybe bring it along too. There are no reception issues to report though, all is well!! I included part # earlier in this thread too. ---Frank
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by frankiemenz »The Honda S2000 antenna is the one I originally sought. When I called the local Honda dealer he was out of it. He sold me the CRV one for 13.00, also about 7" long but with the wire molded into the case and it sounds perfect. I had a clearance issue with my Garage door, it fits well now. I scanned all stations and get same as before. I am gonna save the other if I ever go on a long trip maybe bring it along too. There are no reception issues to report though, all is well!! I included part # earlier in this thread too. ---FrankThanks for the info !
hapagan

Post by hapagan »

i have a honda fit shorty antenna if anyone wants it. email me at hapagan @eagle.fugcu.edu
04 Pontiac Vibe Gray, M+T package Custom Front Bumper Paint5% window tint everywhere except three front windows 12" Pioneer IMPP subPro bend bandpass boxBoss 1600w 4Ch amp6, 6.5 Infinity Kappa 62.9i 450w each
frankiemenz

Re: (hapagan)

Post by frankiemenz »

OK I got some Scion TC 17" wheels, tires, sensors from a local Toyota dealer on Friday, they were takeoffs and said a young kid bought a TC and already had 18" wheels, they made him a deal and I was able to buy these from the dealer, they said they have had these in their stockroom a couple years but they look brand new. The date on the tires is the 31st week of 07 (3107), so I assume it was a 2008 Scion TC that they were removed from. The tires are P215/45R17 Yokohama S32A, I already broke each one down and recorded the ID's and programmed them to the VIBE, they work perfect!! They ride very well, a little stiff but a lot more handling, I do hear more road noise than the original 16" Eagle RSA's but that's probably to be expected. These tires are expensive on Tire rack, like $223.00 each, wow. I paid like $400.00 total, guess I really got a deal on these!!! I would say that P215/50R17 probably would ride a little better and fill the wheel well more also but I may as well wear these out this summer then go from there. I also mounted the Nokian Nordman4 snows on my steelies and test drove 'em for clearance and there are no problems there either, P205/60R16. See what you all think of the pic of the 17" Scion's, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Attached files
vibenvy

Re: (frankiemenz)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by frankiemenz »OK I got some Scion TC 17" wheels, tires, sensors from a local Toyota dealer on Friday, they were takeoffs and said a young kid bought a TC and already had 18" wheels, they made him a deal and I was able to buy these from the dealer, they said they have had these in their stockroom a couple years but they look brand new. The date on the tires is the 31st week of 07 (3107), so I assume it was a 2008 Scion TC that they were removed from. The tires are P215/45R17 Yokohama S32A, I already broke each one down and recorded the ID's and programmed them to the VIBE, they work perfect!! They ride very well, a little stiff but a lot more handling, I do hear more road noise than the original 16" Eagle RSA's but that's probably to be expected. These tires are expensive on Tire rack, like $223.00 each, wow. I paid like $400.00 total, guess I really got a deal on these!!! I would say that P215/50R17 probably would ride a little better and fill the wheel well more also but I may as well wear these out this summer then go from there. I also mounted the Nokian Nordman4 snows on my steelies and test drove 'em for clearance and there are no problems there either, P205/60R16. See what you all think of the pic of the 17" Scion's, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!The tC wheels look great on the Vibe !
DressedInBlack

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by DressedInBlack »

^^^ +1
http://
Drivinthvibe

Post by Drivinthvibe »

So sexy ... I can't wait till spring ..
frankiemenz

Re: (Drivinthvibe)

Post by frankiemenz »

Well I installed my roof rack today, a very nice Christmas present!!! pics incl.

Attached files
frankiemenz

Post by frankiemenz »

BTW she bought this from a local Toyota Dealer, she said the Buick- former Pontiac- dealers were not at all helpfull
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to this forum and NICE mods so far When it comes to LED mods, maybe I can help you out (in my spare time ..... what's that?). I've done a few and am working on a LOT more. Being your Vibe is Black gives you more modding possibilities. For some reason that color is almost foolproof to any type of mod. Great job so far
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
frankiemenz

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by frankiemenz »

Thanks Tim I might take ya up on that offer!!!! Happy New Year everyone!!
frankiemenz

Re: frankiemenz, 2010 Vibe base jetblack

Post by frankiemenz »

Well I sold my trusty Vibe this week, sad to see her go, I had a few tough years and the Vibe really was a trusted companion when I needed her. I replaced mine with a 2014.5 Toyota Camry SE. The Vibe I sold on CL Orlando for $7500.00, she had 86500 miles and was in good shape. Thanks for all the great tips and mod advice throughout the last 4 years to everyone on Genvibe, great group of people and a lot of money saving advice. Frank
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Sad to hear the Vibe is gone :(. Congratulations on the new Camry though ;)!
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

yes sad to see her go, the matrix roof rack looked good! will have to add that to my mod to do list lol
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM