HarleyQuinn 09 GT (facebook updates)

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
HarleyQuinn

Re: HarleyQuinn 09 GT (HarleyQuinn)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

PLEASE HELP!!!Ok guys I need help, my husband has done a big mistake, he's left to JRTC and has told me to buy whatever I want for my car (thats why i love him)So my dilema is what shall I buy??? Got my eyes on some rims that i have been wanting for a while, and i know i want the cold air intake, and a new muffler but dont know which one to put on? so which one should i put??? so many choices and needing advice.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

He said whatever and gave you no stipulation on a quantity, therefore GET THEM ALL!!!!!!!!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
vibenvy

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »PLEASE HELP!!!Ok guys I need help, my husband has done a big mistake, he's left to JRTC and has told me to buy whatever I want for my car (thats why i love him)So my dilema is what shall I buy??? Got my eyes on some rims that i have been wanting for a while, and i know i want the cold air intake, and a new muffler but dont know which one to put on? so which one should i put??? so many choices and needing advice.Now that's a great husband !I suggest getting the K&N intake first. It will increase your gas mileage slightly, it will make the Vibe sound really cool and it will make it more fun to drive by adding a little extra oomph. On a side note, I just ordered one from the above eBay seller for my mom's '09 GT last week and I got it within a couple days. They have the cheapest price you will find and great service as well. Definitely your best bet if you want the intake.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
HarleyQuinn

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

LOL i was just talking to my hubby a while ago and i was telling him that i was looking for the intake to buy it lol but im just bargain shopping right now to find the best deal, how much was the one you just got J_To_Envy?
vibenvy

Re: (HarleyQuinn)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by Harley Quinn »LOL i was just talking to my hubby a while ago and i was telling him that i was looking for the intake to buy it lol but im just bargain shopping right now to find the best deal, how much was the one you just got J_To_Envy?I got the one for my mom's last week from this place. It was $257.99 with free shipping. They have come down in price on eBay over the last year. When I got mine last summer it was right about $300.00.
HarleyQuinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Thanx im gonna place my order for it tonight Now lets see what else i can get away with buying lol
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Awesome! Can't wait to see pictures and see it in person in Indy ! You will love it !
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »PLEASE HELP!!!Ok guys I need help, my husband has done a big mistake, he's left to JRTC and has told me to buy whatever I want for my car (thats why i love him)Has he been hit in the head with mortar shells or any scapnel ??? But on a more serious note you are BLESSED with a hubby to give you a "free ticket" for the things you want This in turn will make you happy and thus HIM happy also GO for it girl, mod your Vibe to the max Just don't over do it to where it becomes an eyesore You mentioned Rims ???? Stick with the stock 18's that the Vibe came with originally. They are very unique and Pontiac did a superior job designing them to match this car. If you decide to go with something different, you'll have NO problem unloading the existing 18's. Somebody on this site will gladly update their ride with them
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
HarleyQuinn

Re: HarleyQuinn 09 GT (tpollauf)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

lol no he just knows how to keep me happy and i am truley blessed to have him He just loves to spoil me when he can thats all, but thats hows he's kept me for 12yrs lolI wanted these rims ever since i first got the car, but after reading that the v piece is plastic i'm thinking twice about it Besides the rims i know i def want the audio dvd system since we've got 3 kiddos and def need it
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

When I first seen those rims I was thinking how freakin awesome they would be for you... till i read about them being plastic That totally sux!!!! Maybe you could find someone to fab you up some or contact the manufacturer and see if they offer metal replacements or something. Those just work waaaaaayyyyy to well with your ride.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Just don't over do it to where it becomes an eyesore You mentioned Rims ???? Stick with the stock 18's that the Vibe came with originally. They are very unique and Pontiac did a superior job designing them to match this car. If you decide to go with something different, you'll have NO problem unloading the existing 18's. Somebody on this site will gladly update their ride with them I agree about the wheels. They were the very first thing that drew my attention to the '09 GTs. They have got to be some of the nicest factory wheels I have ever seen. I wouldn't trade mine for the world, but if you do decide to get different wheels, as tpollauf said, you won't have any problem selling them to a fellow Vibe owner.Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »I wanted these rims ever since i first got the car, but after reading that the v piece is plastic i'm thinking twice about it .Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »When I first seen those rims I was thinking how freakin awesome they would be for you... till i read about them being plastic That totally sux!!!! Maybe you could find someone to fab you up some or contact the manufacturer and see if they offer metal replacements or something. Those just work waaaaaayyyyy to well with your ride.Those wheels would go well with your red/black theme for sure, but that does indeed suck that the red part is plastic. Have you tried seaching around for some wheels that are similar?
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

i think Konig has something similar..
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
HarleyQuinn

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Im so happy and sad at the same time, I got my cold air intake today so i am super excited about that but sad because it started to rain today and should be raining the rest of this week ah poo!!!I will post pics of it whenever the sun allows me to install it
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »I will post pics of it whenever the sun allows me to install it From the sounds of that, I'd assume you DO NOT have a garage to work on your Vibe? I can relate to that... some 20 years ago when I did not have on either. Since 1990 I've been in a home with an attached two car garage and when I need to do any work on my Vibe (or older F-150) I just drive the wife's G8 Gt outdoors for a while (that pisses her off!) and the garage is all mine Patiently awaiting progress pics

HarleyQuinn

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

No unfortunantly on post housing doesnt come with a garage only with a car port cover I'm thinking of going to my in-laws house and installing it there since they do have one, but for right now i'm patiently waiting till my hubby comes back in 2 days and maybe he'll help me with the install
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »Im so happy and sad at the same time, I got my cold air intake today so i am super excited about that but sad because it started to rain today and should be raining the rest of this week ah poo!!!I will post pics of it whenever the sun allows me to install it I can relate. I have my mom's intake, but haven't been able to install it because I am still waiting on the AEM Dry Flow filter from eBay to arrive. Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Patiently awaiting progress pics Same here!
HarleyQuinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Ok guys finally got a couple of pics of a couple of mods that have been done. I got my cold air intake (which i gotta admit i'm loving it) and have a loaner headunit from my hubby, lol (until I can afford mine). Its almost the same just a newer version and also attached the steering wheel control interface Also got some monitors getting shipped to me pics of that when we install them
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Looking great ! Very nice headunit and I told you you'd love the intake !
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

WOW. Do like. A lot.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: HarleyQuinn 09 GT (jackie879)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

That H/U is a lot like mine. I have the Sony XAV-60.Long waits in thde drive thru don't suck so bad when you can watch "Strange Wilderness" while your food's gettin cooked
HarleyQuinn

Re: HarleyQuinn 09 GT (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

lol i looked it up that it soo true it looks alike, ive got the Pioneer AVICX 910BT downside its still a loaner one since my hubby took it out of his rally art lol, till i get the one i want which is the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT
HarleyQuinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Hi guys I have lots of pics to share but it is hard ,to decide which ones to put, so I decided to make a facebook page for my car. I know it may seem silly but its more since I have been doing car shows and it is a great way to display pics of my car and pics of other peoples rides too =D and i know yall love looking at pics so here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/...59165
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Checkin' it out!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Love the new side graphics!You can also try getting a Car Domain page to feature your car as well, if you don't already have one.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
HarleyQuinn

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Thanx guys i appreciate it =D The reason i made a facebook instead was because its easier to upload and share pics of not only my car but of others rides. That way everyone can enjoy all of these beautiful rides that I encounter at car shows Hmm maybe i should make a album for just vibes, so who wants to post??? lol
HarleyQuinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Hey Psycho, Sorry I just noticed the post, I used the paint for plastic and tons of clear coats lol, after every coat i put it under a high temp heat lamp to pretty much bake it in
HarleyQuinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Ok hopefully I remember to do this right, here is some more recent pics of my baby
HarleyQuinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

some side pics (tried to capture the street glows as best as i could)
HarleyQuinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

here is a couple of the inside shots i have i need to get some better ones with all the lights in the interior on and all the screens going on at the same time
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I love how you've got the clear radiator hose backlit so that it glows like that. GENIUS idea! And if i'm not mistaking the washer fluid reservoir is lit up too?
HarleyQuinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Thanx Psycho, but just wanted to let you know its GLASS and i'm waiting for my resevior tank to come in (glass also) but yeah i have it lit up too in the meantime
frankiemenz

Post by frankiemenz »

Those are some cool special effects you've installed!!! Welcome to the threads!!!
HarleyQuinn

Re: (frankiemenz)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Thanx Frankiemenz i appreciate it
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Wow. You've been one busy chic lately Nice graphics & lighting effects and all the monitors on the inside You DEFINITELY are a candidate for one of my high mount 3rd brake lights when I get the time this winter to build a batch. It will add even more class to an already awesomely looking Vibe. That is SWEEEEEEEET Somehow over the summer 2011 we'll have to arrange a super meet around YOUR schedule so you can attend it. We were hoping to see you last summer but knew it was a long shot. Keep up the good work girl

HarleyQuinn

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Awe Thanx Tpollauf i would def like to sport that 3rd brake light on my car, since people always have to do a double take when i drive by and can't believe its a vibe I really do kick myself for not going to the meet, but me and my hubby said we were def going to the next one. I loved looking at all the pics of all the vibes together and really regret not being able to go. Next one for sure