Pics

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Notchy

Pics

Post by Notchy »

2009 Vibe FWD2008 S-Tech Springs
2009 Silver Pontiac Vibe
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

looking good, man the vibe is such a tall vehicle, it looks very nice lowered lol
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
sgp2012

Post by sgp2012 »

how exactly did you tint the tailights? i really want to do that. it looks so good.
vibenvy

Re: (lowincash)

Post by vibenvy »

Looks great! Than again, I am always a sucker for a silver Vibe ! I see you tinted the taillights, added black arrowhead overlays and de-badged the hatch as well! Those subtle mods sure do add up and look great ! Do you have anything else done?One thing I noticed that confuses me is the rear driver's side caliper, it's on the opposite side of the rotor from where mine is ...Here's a picture of mine:I'm guessing it must be a difference from the base to the GT...You should really check out the WI GM-Tuners site. It's a great group of people with all different kinds of GM cars. I am an official Illinois member. We are having a big meet / show in the Dells next weekend during Automotion. If you have time and aren't too far away maybe you could stop by and hang out for a while. Perhaps we could even do a photoshoot with our silver Vibes!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
bull77

Post by bull77 »

noice!!!
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

How dare you claim to be the Stig! Nice car, but there can be only one Stig.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
Notchy

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by Notchy »

I bought the tint from rvinyl.com.It looks good from a distance but not great up close. I think I am going to take it off and have them sprayed when money allows.
2009 Silver Pontiac Vibe
Notchy

Re: (bull77)

Post by Notchy »

J the caliper thing must be because of the GT's independent rear suspension.The only other thing I have done are hella-horns.I am looking for a GT wing and fogs though.The performance stuff will come eventually. Was looking into making it AWD and then maybe turbo in.
2009 Silver Pontiac Vibe
vibenvy

Re: (Notchy)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by Notchy »J the caliper thing must be because of the GT's independent rear suspension.The only other thing I have done are hella-horns.I am looking for a GT wing and fogs though.The performance stuff will come eventually. Was looking into making it AWD and then maybe turbo in.Yeah, I figured it must be because of the GT's IRS. That's the first time I've noticed that though so it was weird and I felt compelled to point it out .Here's a thread with information about the GT spoiler.Here's a thread with information about adding factory fog lights to a base Vibe.So, have you had a chance to check out the WI GM-Tuners site yet?! Just wondering .
Notchy

Post by Notchy »

havent yet..I will though
2009 Silver Pontiac Vibe
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Hey I've been wondering for the longest time if tinted taillights would look good on the 09/10. It does! They whole thing looks really good.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by Notchy »havent yet..I will thoughNot trying to be annoying or anything, it's just a great group of people and it would be awesome to have another member who owns a Vibe, especially a silver '09 ! It would also be great if you could stop by our meet/show this coming Saturday (May 22) if you're not too far away. We could definitely do a great photoshoot !Also, on a bit of a side note, if you do sign up on the WI GM-Tuners site, be sure to mention I (J TO ENVY) sent you over there .
Notchy

Post by Notchy »

J I will check it out sometime today.I cant go to Automotion this year....I have to work.I am about 20miles west of milwaukee
2009 Silver Pontiac Vibe
1SC

Post by 1SC »

Nice to see another 09+ with the non-chrome 17" rims. I have them on mine and they are rare around here. In fall of 2008, I had to special order my Vibe to be able to get those rims over the chromed ones.Long story short, in Canada on the FWD Vibes, the 17'' rims were only offered as a part of the 1SC package (which included power group, A/C, cruise control, fogs and 17'' rims). The non-chrome rims came stock, but all the Vibes on the lot available at this time had the optional chromed rims. I really disliked those...I will like the GT spoiler. I have it also, and to me the Vibe looks way better with it.I too tought about tinting my tails for a while, but since it's illegal here and the police is (removed) this summer... I won't do it. Not right now at least.
Notchy

Post by Notchy »

It's illegal here too but whatever.......the taillights are so freaking ugly something had to be done......
2009 Silver Pontiac Vibe
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by Notchy »J I will check it out sometime today.I cant go to Automotion this year....I have to work.I am about 20miles west of milwaukeeGlad to see you joined over there Mike !It sucks you won't be able to make it to Automotion. We have meets every month in different places all over the state though so hopefully you'll be able to make another meet sometime soon. I like the wheels you and Patrick (1SC) have so much better than the chrome clad ones. The chrome clad ones look cheesy in my opinion (no offense to anyone that has them, just my personal opinion).
Notchy

Post by Notchy »

I am not a fan of chrome.I much prefer the brushed aluminum look
2009 Silver Pontiac Vibe
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Glad to see you joined over there Mike !It sucks you won't be able to make it to Automotion. We have meets every month in different places all over the state though so hopefully you'll be able to make another meet sometime soon. I like the wheels you and Patrick (1SC) have so much better than the chrome clad ones. The chrome clad ones look cheesy in my opinion (no offense to anyone that has them, just my personal opinion).Aw I like the chrome ones you have, they did a cool paint job on them with that grey color... then again I like mine too... maybe we'll have to swap wheels AND seats We were considering going up to the Dells that weekend as a trip because it's our anniversary... decided not to though. But it would have been kind of amusing if we had! (If we go we'll wait till it's warmer)
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
VforVIBE

Re: Pics (Notchy)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by Notchy »Nice @$$... *cough* anyway, I always thought the silver cars look the best when debadged and blacked out.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
Notchy

Post by Notchy »

Going to get the windows done next month. then a GT spoiler
2009 Silver Pontiac Vibe
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by Notchy »Going to get the windows done next month. then a GT spoilerWhat % are you thinking?
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Notchy

Post by Notchy »

not sure. was think 30%. I had an oldmobile that had 5% on it once.......way to dark. Surprisingly never got hasseled for it.
2009 Silver Pontiac Vibe
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by Notchy »not sure. was think 30%. I had an oldmobile that had 5% on it once.......way to dark. Surprisingly never got hasseled for it.Haha, yeah, 5% is dark, I'm sitting at 15% all around, I think it's just right.
vibenvy

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Aw I like the chrome ones you have, they did a cool paint job on them with that grey color... then again I like mine too... maybe we'll have to swap wheels AND seats We were considering going up to the Dells that weekend as a trip because it's our anniversary... decided not to though. But it would have been kind of amusing if we had! (If we go we'll wait till it's warmer)I meant the smaller chrome ones that come on the AWD and base models. I LOVE my wheels ! I wouldn't trade them for the world. Plus, technically mine are polished not chrome .Yeah, it would have been great if you guys were in the Dells this weekend. I'm definitely looking forward to Indy though !Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »Nice @$$... *cough* anyway, I always thought the silver cars look the best when debadged and blacked out.I agree about the de-badging, but I'm just not a fan of tinted lights of any kind.Quote, originally posted by Notchy »Going to get the windows done next month. then a GT spoilerYou should get the GT muffler tip too while you're at it. We will definitely need to get together and do a photoshoot some time!Quote, originally posted by Notchy »not sure. was think 30%. I had an oldmobile that had 5% on it once.......way to dark. Surprisingly never got hasseled for it.I have 35% all around which I love. It's dark enough to look good, but not too dark that I can't see and it doesn't draw unwanted attention. If you want to see pictures of what it looks like, check out my Car Domain page.Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »Haha, yeah, 5% is dark, I'm sitting at 15% all around, I think it's just right.I would love to have 15% all around, but living in Illinois I don't think I'd be able to get away with it for very long . I'm just happy that at least the 35% all around is legal now .
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I meant the smaller chrome ones that come on the AWD and base models. I LOVE my wheels ! I wouldn't trade them for the world. Plus, technically mine are polished not chrome .I *thought* you did, I remember you saying that which is why I was confused! Thanks for de-confusifying me
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
Notchy

Post by Notchy »

J I have tried looking at your Car Domain Page but it makes my browser crash.....
2009 Silver Pontiac Vibe
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I would love to have 15% all around, but living in Illinois I don't think I'd be able to get away with it for very long . I'm just happy that at least the 35% all around is legal now .Same here, I would love to have 15% all around but I already got pulled over for having only 40% up front =/
1SC

Post by 1SC »

My front doors windows are 50%, back doors are 35% and back glass is 20%. I'd like to have the front at 35% as well, but don't want to get pulled over for this.Up here in Quebec, the front doors windows need to be at 70% by the law, but you can do whatever you want with your back windows...
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I agree about the de-badging, but I'm just not a fan of tinted lights of any kind.While I don't like it from a functionality point, I do think they look good from a nonfunctional view.
lowincash

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by lowincash »

Tinted tail lights do look good but I think it depends on the type of tail light. I was at one point thinking of tinting mine but thought it might look weird. I actually want to open up the tails and paint the silver parts black, I think that'll look nice too =D
vibenvy

Re: (lowincash)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I *thought* you did, I remember you saying that which is why I was confused! Thanks for de-confusifying meThe wheels were actually one of the first things that drew me to the new GTs when they first came out. They have got to be the most gorgeous factory wheels I have ever seen ! Quote, originally posted by Notchy »J I have tried looking at your Car Domain Page but it makes my browser crash.....I don't know what to tell you . Do you have Facebook? If you do, you could add me on there so you could see all my pictures. I have all the ones that are on my Car Domain on my Facebook page as well.Quote, originally posted by lowincash »I actually want to open up the tails and paint the silver parts black, I think that'll look nice too =DI have always thought that would look cool to paint the silver and chrome parts black, but than again, I like the subtle chrome theme that goes throughout the exterior and interior.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I have always thought that would look cool to paint the silver and chrome parts black, but than again, I like the subtle chrome theme that goes throughout the exterior and interior. I actually love how the new taillights look wayyyyyy more than the old style vibe taillights (though I know people who disagree)... then again I like a little chrome in general... ooooo shiny... I just think aside from the pointless tiny third windows, the new body design is beautiful.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by Notchy »The taillights are so freaking ugly something had to be done......Nice touch on those tail lights When I first laid eyes on the redesigned 09 Vibe, I liked everything about it EXCEPT for the tail lights As mentioned somewhere else on this forum, I'll probably be purchasing a pair of tail light assemblies to "experiment" with this fall & winter. MAJOR LED's & removing the amber color. Time will tell
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »I'll probably be purchasing a pair of tail light assemblies to "experiment" with this fall & winter. MAJOR LED's & removing the amber color.What you should do is get some headlights and taillights and paint all the chrome and silver parts black. I would totally buy those as I'm sure a few others would as well ! I wouldn't want any fancy lighting or anything, just all the chrome and silver parts black .