ponta2147 - 2009 Vibe 2.4L

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
vibenvy

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

That sure is a lot of red Michelle ! Looks great! Glad you got all the stuff you wanted to done in time for the meet . I am really slacking. I still haven't clay barred and waxed the Vibe. As a matter of fact, I haven't even washed it. It's disgusting . It will for sure get done this upcoming weekend though because that will be my last chance before the meet . I am so pumped for our cara-vibe! We should be able to get some really good rolling shots on the interstate and of course some good group shots if/when we stop for a bathroom break or whatever.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Looks nice!.. All that red ever make you angry? And its okay.. my Vibe has ALL KINDS of character marks..
1SC

Re: (09vGT)

Post by 1SC »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT » And its okay.. my Vibe has ALL KINDS of character marks.. Yeah, the interior plastics are very easy to scratch. Don't look at them for too long or they will scratch.
09vGT

Re: (1SC)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by 1SC » Don't look at them for too long or they will scratch. I know thats right.. LOL
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

The red looks awesome! You did a great job.And I couldn't help but notice you had XM channel 81 on....I listen to that station all the time.
ponta2147

Re: (jackie879)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by jackie879 »The red looks awesome! You did a great job.And I couldn't help but notice you had XM channel 81 on....I listen to that station all the time. Haha, yes, the car is the place that I listen to dance music most often, because I like to have something upbeat. I don't listen to it anywhere else, at home I'm more of an alt rock/indie person. But now I know pretty much every dance song and pop song by heart hahaha.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I'm more of an alt rock/indie person.soooo.....you know what this is?
ponta2147

Re:

Post by ponta2147 »

While taking apart my car to send the sample pieces to Redline Goods for some sweet custom leather (in red of course) I decided to do a little more painting. We had attempted to take off the door panels to remove the door fabric, but it is NOT REMOVABLE unless you want to break some melted down plastic rivets. Sad day. On the plus side for you guys, I can put up a how-to for taking off the door panels sometime in the future, as I have pictures. BUT while I was talking off the doors, I had to pop off some pieces by the handle and window buttons, and decided to just take them all off and paint. Screwed up the first time with a can that was too empty, so had to wet-sand down and try again. Not perfect, but good enough for me!!Only ONE more spot I want to paint red.... won't tell where that is though... muahahhaa.Also a view from behind of what the cig lighter/outlet area looks likeOn the right is the cig lighter, on the left is the outlet, and in the middle is.... nothing! Just 12v power sitting in a little bracket... waiting for someone like me to find it........ no, we suspect it powers a smokers package light (which we don't have).Also... bottom left cutout in that picture (hidden by the little tray that sits in front of it when looking from the outside)...... any idea what option or plugin that was for?? I also notice there is another empty "shelf" there with nothing sitting in it........ maybe it's just an option for the matrix?? I'm just really curious now!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Re: (ponta2147)

Damn girl! Looks great. Good job gettin it all done so neat!And that one more spot wouldn't happen to be the gauge cluster thing would it?
ponta2147

Re: Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »Damn girl! Looks great. Good job gettin it all done so neat!And that one more spot wouldn't happen to be the gauge cluster thing would it? To quote River Song from Dr. Who "Shhhh! Spoilers!"
tpollauf

Re: Re: (ponta2147)

Post by tpollauf »

I swear Michelle, you're the daughter I NEVER had You're not afraid to "test the waters" and you get down & dirty Awesome mods! If there was a place that could hold 5000 gallons of red paint, you'd probably just have your Vibe "dipped"
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
1SC

Post by 1SC »

Looks great Michelle !I'd like to have some parts painted blue, but I KNOW that I'll never do it. Right now, I'm debating about an intake, lowering springs, GT skirts... Everything may ever still a projet anyways...
ponta2147

Re: (1SC)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by 1SC »Looks great Michelle !I'd like to have some parts painted blue, but I KNOW that I'll never do it. Right now, I'm debating about an intake, lowering springs, GT skirts... Everything may ever still a projet anyways...I promise painting is as easy as taking out the pieces (which is actually really easy because they just snap out) and buying a can of krylon fusion or diplicolor for plastic paint. Spraypainting stuff is super easy to make an even coat as long as you have a full can and follow the directions (don't get to close and keep the can moving). All of my painting mods were the easiest thing EVER (except maybe the calipers, that was a bit of a challenge just due to patience and endurance).Thanks for the compliments guys! Hopefully in the future there will be MUCH more to come.
Zer0VIBE03

Post by Zer0VIBE03 »

love all the red.. I may have to be your "Pre-gen Twin" I like to do LITTLE stuff.. So when everything is blacked out it's called "Murdered Out" ... what's the Red Equivalent?!? "Michelle'd Out" ??
2003 "Lava" Vibe
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I think I've solved the mystery of that extra cutout in the power area... It's really funny to see all the differences between what Pontiac and Toyota offered!According to this picture, it looks like that cutout is an AUX input? I think that's what it says. Possibly even a USB input????? Man I wish we had those.Also notice the matrix has a clock and extra switch panel in the spot where we have.... a blank empty shelf (which is awesome for putting my phone in, don't get me wrong).And look at that sweet upgrade package! We sure didn't get that either.BUT it looks like the base package on the matrix doesn't even come with the outlet... verrry interesting!So, mystery solved.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Also notice the matrix has a clock and extra switch panel in the spot where we have.... a blank empty shelf If I keep this configuration of the original center cluster area (some serious dash mods are going through my head ) then this small storage area will become the home for my Scangauge II instument. Time will tell

vibenvy

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by Zer0VIBE03 »So when everything is blacked out it's called "Murdered Out" ... what's the Red Equivalent?!? "Michelle'd Out" ??(removed)! I love it!Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I think I've solved the mystery of that extra cutout in the power area... It's really funny to see all the differences between what Pontiac and Toyota offered!According to this picture, it looks like that cutout is an AUX input? I think that's what it says. Possibly even a USB input????? Man I wish we had those.Also notice the matrix has a clock and extra switch panel in the spot where we have.... a blank empty shelf (which is awesome for putting my phone in, don't get me wrong).And look at that sweet upgrade package! We sure didn't get that either.BUT it looks like the base package on the matrix doesn't even come with the outlet... verrry interesting!So, mystery solved. Very interesting Michelle! Man, that in-dash navigation sure would be sweet! On a bit of a side note, that picture also shows the trim piece around the shifter being silver like it is in the 2010 Vibes. I personally think it looks weird, but I could see Michelle wanting to paint it red now .
jkm311

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Also notice the matrix has a clock and extra switch panel in the spot where we have.... a blank empty shelf (which is awesome for putting my phone in, don't get me wrong).This has held true throughout all the NUMMI "twins." Every Nova or Prizm I had (4 total), the Toyota version had a separate clock, located away from the headunit. I never knew why, but the Chevy version always gained a small storage cubby to fill the gap in the dash. I never minded, because I prefer my clock to be in H.U. any how, and I love little storage areas.
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

After seeing the "basic" toyota headunit... I am glad I got the GM one! Much nicer looking interface!Besides, if I ever upgrade it, I can get the USB and whatnot myself.
HarleyQuinn

Re: ponta2147 - 2009 Vibe 2.4L (ponta2147)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

I see I started a trend. Altough I have to say I am dissapointed that you painted the exact same pieces as mine :-(
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Not specifically copying you per se... the pieces just seemed to make sense! Still got one more to do. I've always LOVED colored interiors. But don't worry, I'm not planning on doing LEDs in the vents or anything EDIT: Wow, I didn't realize you'd painted the side window button panels too! Man, now I really *do* look like a copycat! Don't worry, I'm planning on doing the gauge cluster differently (painting the tubes red and finding a chrome paint for the rings if possible, but that one will be tricky)
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

hmmmm chrome paint on the rings would be neat but indeed tricky to get it to look good. Maybe if you found a certain type of chrome paint thats works well or if you applied a clear coat onto it to get it really shiney. or... what would be really cool is if there was a way to get it chrome plated. There must be a someplace that can do that type of chrome plating on plastic but only on the rings.
ponta2147

Re: (vibedrivermatt)

Post by ponta2147 »

And now the latest from Redline Goods, which I actually got weeks ago but have been way too busy working to post here (I've been a major slacker about slacking lately )Since they didn't make any for the 2009-2010 Vibes yet, I was able to ship in my center console cover and my ebrake book out to Poland and they made me some sweet leather, which will be reimbursed for free once I provide them with instructions on how to install it. I went a long time without either a cover or a boot, my car was half-disassembled for a while and it was hilarious, ESPECIALLY when I had the whole center organizer area ripped out while dealing with all those electronics issues. But it's been all better for a while so I figured I'd better share.It is red leather with black stripes and white thread.Oooooooo pretty. I will be doing a writeup for them in the coming days (or maybe tonight if Chris doesn't pull me off the computer) for the instructions on how to install, complete with pictures. Unfortunately for those of you with a manual, I don't have one so I didn't get a shift boot... but YOU can for FREE if you want to go through what I did and be shift-boot-less for a while. Oh PS..... 1000th post I AM A GOD(dess). I thought the garage would be a good place to commemorate that, so I totally saved this post up on purpose and not because I've been lazy and lame and busy and such. For sure. So those of you attending our little Chicago mini-meet THIS COMING WEEKEND (w00t) can check it out, and maybe throw a little business to Redline Goods. Just an FYI for the ebrake boots, I believe you'll have to take out the wire out of your own boot and use it for the new one... you'll see what I mean if you disassemble it.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Congrats on becoming a goddess!!! The boot and console cover look good. They make it almost complete...almost...almost... whacha gonna do with the silver rings around the speedometer and tach???
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ponta2147

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver » Congrats on becoming a goddess!!! The boot and console cover look good. They make it almost complete...almost...almost... whacha gonna do with the silver rings around the speedometer and tach???Actually my grand plan is to paint the rings chrome (somehow... I've been reading up on that) and paint the tubes red (kinda like Psychomartyr did with white, only different because the gauge is set up differently of course). But until I figure that out and have the nerve to disassemble my dash, it will have to sit patiently. The cold approaching will probably help me not feel so bad about slacking. Just gotta fit in one more wax this week before the meet, and then winter abuse (and by abuse, I mean me abusing my monthly carwash membership of $12.99 a month for unlimited washes at Delta Sonic... gonna have the cleanest car ever in the winter... muahahahaha)
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Abusing my monthly carwash membership of $12.99 a month for unlimited washes at Delta Sonic... gonna have the cleanest car ever in the winter... muahahahahaAutomatic or 'get out and spray it down yourself'?This one I'm guessing! http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=...,4.14Careful you don't get frozen in your car.....
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Automatic or 'get out and spray it down yourself'?This one I'm guessing!Lol, yes it's that one you creeper! It's an automatic but "brushless", and they dry it off by hand afterwards, so it's pretty nice (But I still dry it off myself after that so I can get the insides of all the doors and in all the nooks and crannies, and gives me a chance to check for all the new paint chips I've acquired... AND it's about 2 miles from my house, so that's pretty awesome.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

How much sand and gravel do they use on the roads there?Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Lol, yes it's that one you creeper! You can find anything on Google....
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »How much sand and gravel do they use there?Yeah, let's put it this way... until I went to school in Indiana, I had no idea that "sand and gravel" had other uses besides playgrounds and construction, lol. It truly baffled me! We do strictly salt or brine in the Chi-town 'burbs (can't speak for out Carrie's way, but I rarely go out that far). So, no sand/gravel scratching... just lovely salt eating away at the car...
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

So you get a nice white car!!! I see the benifits now of an unlimited membership at a car wash!!!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »So you get a nice white car!!! I see the benifits now of an unlimited membership at a car wash!!! Lol yes... the general rule is "when you can't find your car in the parking lot because you could only see a white one in your spot, it's time to go get another wash"Ha and we've talked so much that now all the newcomers to this thread aren't going to see my sweet new mods on page 3 http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...age=3 hint hint
RedlineGoods.com

Post by RedlineGoods.com »

Hi,wow, this came out GREAT! Can't wait for the write-up to post it up on our site!Take careMaciek
kostby

Post by kostby »

Congrats on 'Goddesshood'!Nice new mods! A little TOO much red for my taste though... After reading the other thread...So when are you gonna get your town to use RED salt on the roads so it matches with your car in the winter???

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
victorhasheart

Post by victorhasheart »

SO MUCH RED
03' VibeGT. Rear Tinted Windows, Low-Pro Amplified Subwoofer (passenger seat), Drop in K&N Filter, Yellow Fog Light Bulbs, +MORE COMING SOON
vibenvy

Re: (victorhasheart)

Post by vibenvy »

Congratulations on becoming a GenVibe Goddess Michelle !The console cover and e-brake boot look great ! I can't wait to see them in person Saturday !Out here in the Boonies, they use salt and sand on the roads. I am so glad we have steelies for the winter. I can't imagine the beating our 18s would take .
enfield577

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by enfield577 »

Wow, Michelle, that leather looks great! Thanks for paving the way for us 09s/10s! I'm definitely adding that to my future shopping list. Well, OK, in black leather with red stitching for me ... I'm not into quite as much red as you are. And you helped the global economy by getting Italian leather from Poland thru a US dealer.
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Congrats on your promotion!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

[QUOTE=ponta2147] a major slacker about slacking lately )Very nice leather work by those guys I've been the "slacker" lately on this site. With the recent cool weather I've been busy with boilers & furnaces in many of my commercial customer's buildings and have had NO time for this forum or any mods. I'm itching to get back to my laboratory and create MORE mods!!!

A Psycho Martyr

Re: ponta2147 - 2009 Vibe 2.4L (ponta2147)

So how are your seat covers holding up/looking?I have the money I need to have my seats done, but i'm seriously considering these instead because it's a little cheaper and they are washable. You still happy with your purchase?Is there anything you DON'T like about your seat covers?
ponta2147

Re: ponta2147 - 2009 Vibe 2.4L (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by ponta2147 »

I completely love my seat covers in every way- comfy, durable, look great. The only downside is they aren't machine washable, so you have to hand clean them, either have to take them off (pain in the ***) or scrub them in place. But if you buy their cleaning kit it works well. Mine is a bit stained from winter and Chris spilling pop on it, but when we cleaned the stains before winter they came off fine, so I am not worried about these. They're a bit warm to sit in too. But sooooo comfy.
vibenvy

Re: ponta2147 - 2009 Vibe 2.4L (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »Did you get just the front seats? I can't remember to save my life Yep, she only has the front covers.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Every time I see your interior pictures, I taste cherry.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Plans for this year:> Actually finish headunit install, including new XM unit and compatibility with OnStar/steering wheel controls/chimes, etc.> Spray-foam or similar inside the doors with material to help with soundproofing and insulation.Any other sweet ideas?Since I last posted, I've added a nice wheelskin cover (in red and black of course).I don't have the money for any major mechanical mods, but I always like to think about little projects...
ponta2147

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »Pics of the wheels?Yeah I know... it's on my phone and I need to take it off and post it... lol
Rayven01

Re: (vibedrivermatt)

Post by Rayven01 »

ponta2147 wrote:And now the latest from Redline Goods... Image
That console cover is awesome! My lid has a crack in the top middle (I'm assuming from constant elbow pressure) and I need to get a cover anyway. I'm thinking black with charcoal stripes to match the base seats.
Image  Image