NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Dash looks killer boss!You plan on wetsanding any?When I wetsanded mine, it came out as smooth and shiny as the outside of the car!
NascarXprt

Re: (bull77)

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »sattle?do you mean saddle?hehe...whoops...Quote, originally posted by Ls1jorge »NascarXprt are you gonna put on hids on your car??i plan on it. i have the things ready for the DRL bypass/delete mod im getting ready to do.Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »Dash looks killer boss!You plan on wetsanding any?When I wetsanded mine, it came out as smooth and shiny as the outside of the car!i might once spring comes back around. not sure how the flat would react to being wet sanded. btw what grit paper did you use for wet snading?
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
NascarXprt

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by NascarXprt »

some new pics
Ls1jorge

Post by Ls1jorge »

Yea I was leaning towards 6k for me lows & fogs,& Tim aka "houseofbugs" showed me how to delete the DRLs on facebook, I haven't cut wire Pin # 12 yet but, what are some other mods you know how to on the vibes? I'm still new to the vibe world
05 Vibe-Pioneer indash touch, Remote Start Alarm, TSW 18 inch.
99 Camaro z28- Cammed/Stalled/Full Bolt Ons
NascarXprt

Re: (Ls1jorge)

Post by NascarXprt »

and another update, finished washing the car at 8pm and did a newish mod. Debadged the car, will get pics sometime tomorrow.Jorge, lets talk through the IM.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

New pics!
A Psycho Martyr

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »what grit paper did you use for wet snading?I used 2000grit for my dash when I wetsanded it. Came out as shiny as my car after that and polishing it
NascarXprt

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by NascarXprt »

two new projects in the works for the coming month.painting interior chrome parts red as well as taking the grill out and painting flat black with the chrome trim ring solid red or a chrome red.also getting some more grafixwerks decals in, third brake light innerlay and two front arrowhead decals for b-pillar applicationand then the next two items on the to order list are:will be trying the brake light red outand this:a windsheild eyebrow/overlay black
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

New Update:added seat covers from xmas.Painted grill and rest of the chrome in the dash.ordered red out overlays for the tail lights, a few more grafxwerks decals, and will be ordering the windshield banner thing next month.also sorry but havent been able to wash the car since its been uber cold here and the car will be gone in a week (story at the bottom of post).sadly i will be with out the car for about a month. the car is going up to lubbock, TX so my sister can use it until she can drive stick. so this is the last update for about a month. after this next week ill be driving a 2002 Plum PT Cruiser std. which is my sisters car.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Oooooooooooo!!! I'm so sorry, Man!! I've never driven one myself but have heard that the PT's are a boring drive... second only to the HHR. But I do like the retro styling that looks more Ford than Chrysler(?). At least it's a stick!!What I don't understand is how will your sister learn stick if you are driving her std shift car in SA?I have some UV resistant transparent red vinyl that would be perfect for the grill retrofit and wish my wife would let me do it. I like the way it looks against the Moonstone, but it would also work on a Frosty. kind of retro GTI, but I like it!!
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

That Vibe looks great! The grill accents work perfect with the red and black Pontiac arrow. All the red everywhere is tastefully done. Great job! Certainly grown up from your blue '04.
06pvibe

Re: (KITT222)

Post by 06pvibe »

'Couldn't have said it better myself.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Oooooooooooo!!! I'm so sorry, Man!! I've never driven one myself but have heard that the PT's are a boring drive... second only to the HHR. But I do like the retro styling that looks more Ford than Chrysler(?). At least it's a stick!!What I don't understand is how will your sister learn stick if you are driving her std shift car in SA?I have some UV resistant transparent red vinyl that would be perfect for the grill retrofit and wish my wife would let me do it. I like the way it looks against the Moonstone, but it would also work on a Frosty. kind of retro GTI, but I like it!!when my 04 was totaled they (the insurance company) put me in a rental which was an HHR. the HHR wasnt too bad, but uber small windows. and the crusier ehh... but yea, my sis lives up in Lubbock and her boyfirend has a G35 coupe std. and he is teaching her as is my mom when shes down to visit so she should be able to pick it up quick and i can get my car back... lol.thanks KITT222
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Personally, I think everyone should know how to drive a manual. I am ashamed to say I don't know how But I'll learn! Then a quick transmission swap, and no more slushbox!Think she'll have issues with the HVAC controls?
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Personally, I think everyone should know how to drive a manual. I am ashamed to say I don't know how But I'll learn! Then a quick transmission swap, and no more slushbox!Think she'll have issues with the HVAC controls?for a while i couldnt drive stick but ive gotten better, its just 1st gear that sucks.... durin the day maybe, at night, no problem, its just spray tint on the controls.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Personally, I think everyone should know how to drive a manual. I am ashamed to say I don't know how But I'll learn! Then a quick transmission swap, and no more slushbox!I agree! Personally, I've never wanted to drive anything else but a stick and for 35yrs, haven't.There would be a lot less texting and cellphone usage if more people drove stds.I was late to work one day and took my cell. I made the mistake of trying to call my store while waiting at a stop light..... "Hang on a minute. I have to shift!!" The two are simply not compatible.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

New Pics and Update!Update:-Finally better pic of painted grill-a mod that you have to guess what it is-New added tail light overlaysa lil game for yall, what else did i do to the car?
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

diggin the tails!!! awesome job there and idea man!
jkm311

Re: (RISCVibe)

Post by jkm311 »

There's something going on with your fogs. Unless you did that before. Blue tint to them?And I assume you've been debadged all the way around before this week?I'll even throw in new tires? Not OEM. That's all I got!
Steelies to the rescue.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Youuuuu... opened the sunroof in the vent position for the first time?Youuuuu... painted/overlayed the side molding a slightly darker gray?Youuuuu... added a giant O beneath the rear wiper?Youuuu... installed a shorty antenna?New wiper blades!!! That's it!!Nah, I think its the de-badging as well. That's what stands out the most to me.I love the way the grill surrounds turned out. I hope they hold up well for you, and if they do, let me know how you did them. Though my wife would likely bawk at the idea, I wouldn't mind doing that to FJ as well. It would look as good against the frosty as it does the moonstone.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

The VIBE third taillight overlay? Independent fog lights?
A Psycho Martyr

If my guess is right, then nobody has nailed it yet.And again, if my guess is right, lemme say it looks great! I just don't wanna shout it out yet because i'm interested to see what people say.lol
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Chicken sh...... Put up, or shut up, Brandon. No hedging.
A Psycho Martyr

how you gonna call me out like that man?! I thought we was tight! Ok, ok....I'm saying the calipers. And i loooked back thru his garage and couldn't find where he had done them, but in the old pics they are silver...I'm thinkin now they're black
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

lookin gewd. amazing how much a simple thing like the overlays can change the look of the car isnt it i kind of wish the GT came in moonstone
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

We IS tight, Bro!!! Frosty's unite and all that! But I couldn't let you cop-out like that. I had to call you to the carpet... take you to the mat... call you out!!Ah, calipers. I never thought to look. Good guess Brandon.Oh, and.... I forgot to say, THE CAR IS LOOKING REALLY GREAT, COLE!!!! BETTER than ole' blue, IMHO. And I mean that sincerely, even if being a little silly doing it. You seem to have the touch, Bud. And I mean that too.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

haha most of the things you guys said i had already done, if you look back on some of the images, i debadge her a long while ago, i did nothin to the calipers (though thats on the to do list), yes the third break light overlay is new, but this newish mod is something i did a while ago, jus never got around to getting some pics of it.Quote, originally posted by KITT222 » Independent fog lights?that is the winning answer. its a partial DRL mod, was able to get the fogs independent but have yet to get the headlights to go off with a switch (i may need your help on this Richard).Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Youuuuu... opened the sunroof in the vent position for the first time?Youuuuu... painted/overlayed the side molding a slightly darker gray?Youuuuu... added a giant O beneath the rear wiper?Youuuu... installed a shorty antenna?New wiper blades!!! That's it!!Nah, I think its the de-badging as well. That's what stands out the most to me.I love the way the grill surrounds turned out. I hope they hold up well for you, and if they do, let me know how you did them. Though my wife would likely bawk at the idea, I wouldn't mind doing that to FJ as well. It would look as good against the frosty as it does the moonstone.lol
A Psycho Martyr

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »dude...the calipers sooooooooo look black right here and they look silver here....(in your 1st post)
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

reason being, first ever pic is under cloud cover and the newer pic is in sun light as well as the wheel being in the shade. but i do intend to paint the calipers red and drums black.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Red Calipers? Hmmm.... it would stand out!Looking good!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
NascarXprt

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by NascarXprt »

a tiny update. Faction has been declared for when it all ends July 1st.Autobot Lunatic:
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

love it!
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
jkm311

Re: (CAMOGIRL)

Post by jkm311 »

I didn't see you or 2.0 as a Decepticon anyhow, Cole.
Steelies to the rescue.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »... its a partial DRL mod, was able to get the fogs independent but have yet to get the headlights to go off with a switch (i may need your help on this Richard).lolSure Cole! What do you want to know?To tell you the truth, I got the basics from this here website, then simply added in an override switch so they could still be on auto at the driver's will.The hardest part is how tight it is under there. I usually like to solder and heat shrink such connections, but there was hardly enough room to even use a crimping tool!! I would've had to disassemble half the dashboard to "do it right." I gave up and took the easy way out... if that was easy.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

It is indeed quite cramped down there. I would have also liked to do it completely right, but instead there are wire nuts I took off the bottom steering column plastic to get a better view, so I could set my light pointed up or through the steering column hole. Then I put my arms under the dash. A LOT more comfortable, if you don't need to get too close to see the wire color. Also, good hand coordination helps. And learn from my mistake, put the wires to the switch, then put them through the hole in the dash. Don't feed them to the hole from the bottom. It was NOT fun.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

That's exactly how I did ours.I had the harness already made up and the switch wired. Everything was tinned and crimped ahead of time... all except the final connections to the car.I fed the wires through the hole and around the pedal support brackets, trimmed it to length and connected them from there. But it was so tight I was not even able to get both arms/hands up there. I had to catch the connector in the crimping tool, snug it down on one side, then feed the other wire in, hold it there while crimping the other.It must've taken me an hour (and some sore muscles) just to crimp two wires. Totally silly. I even tried dislodging the box from it's holder to see if that would help but it only made matters worse. I couldn't keep it steady enough that way.BTW Cole, you need to clean those wheels a little more thoroughly. Automatic car washes do a lousy job of it.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »BTW Cole, you need to clean those wheels a little more thoroughly. Automatic car washes do a lousy job of it. actually funny thing is that i was about to wash the car myself but when i took it in to see if my car needed the recall the dealer washed it for me at no charge!well my issue with the DRL is trying to figure out the exact wiring for my switch that i have i thought i had it done the right way but i blew a fuse so havent had the time or replacement #10 fuses to test it out.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

a single new pic, of poor iPhone quality:

Attached files
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Nice sig...It's like looking at my old Vibe.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
NascarXprt

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »Nice sig...It's like looking at my old Vibe. scary isnt it
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »scary isnt it How's the red paint holding up? Mine would chip off.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
NascarXprt

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by NascarXprt »

not too well, i will have to go back and re-do it with the Krylon Fusion's Plastic with a nice 3-4 coats of clear, or try a plastidip the ring.
Ls1jorge

(NascarXprt)

Post by Ls1jorge »

Your car looks pretty nice man! When you gonna get some wheels? & nice you did the !DRL mod, I still need to do mines I haven't had no time. Hit me up if you wanna get window tint done to your car, it would really look even better, 06vibe right about those car washes there no good & y spend $7-$10 to wash it when you can do it for under $2-$3 at the 50cent ones lol that's where I go.
05 Vibe-Pioneer indash touch, Remote Start Alarm, TSW 18 inch.
99 Camaro z28- Cammed/Stalled/Full Bolt Ons
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

I really like the affect this has on the grille and was thinking about doing it to ours. I even did a conceptual PS. But I thought of using either a clear, red vinyl or pinstripping tape instead of paint. I learned my lesson when I did the badges on my Mada... and had to redo them several times a yr just to keep them looking "fresh." It was a PITA.
blackrayne

Post by blackrayne »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »not too well, i will have to go back and re-do it with the Krylon Fusion's Plastic with a nice 3-4 coats of clear, or try a plastidip the ring. I was wondering about how it was holding up as well... I have the red Fusion and the red X-Metal out in my car right now to do some painting possibly one day next week, I'm wondering how it would work using the Fusion as a base coat then the X-Metal and then a clear coat on top.
November, 2011 VOTM!
NascarXprt

Re: (NascarXprt) (Ls1jorge)

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by Ls1jorge »Your car looks pretty nice man! When you gonna get some wheels? & nice you did the !DRL mod, I still need to do mines I haven't had no time. Hit me up if you wanna get window tint done to your car, it would really look even better, 06vibe right about those car washes there no good & y spend $7-$10 to wash it when you can do it for under $2-$3 at the 50cent ones lol that's where I go.yea, well the other day (a few days before the rain last week and sunday came) i took the car to the Wash Tub and got a good cleaning, i normally wash the car at home myself, but since the water restrictions were in effect i did the cheapest and quickest way possible.yea the tint is the next mod once i get my springs and struts installed. yes i said springs and struts, ive got a little update in the garage waiting to be installed... So where did ya get your tint done and the cost?also Jorge didnt you get your vibe repainted? if so where and how much? im looking at maybe repainting mine. yea ill def hit ya up just PM me your digits.
NascarXprt

Re: (NascarXprt) (NascarXprt)

Post by NascarXprt »

New Pics! Also, a thing i started with these photos and photos of past i will start to water mark all of my photos so i wont get "Blinglighted". A couple night shots with a neat oopsythe oopsyand a look that the HVAC Controls at night:
NascarXprt

Re: (NascarXprt) (NascarXprt)

Post by NascarXprt »

a lil fun with photoshop.Fun plan #1(played around after i got the car)Fun Plan #2
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

that color combo on #2 looks sweet! It's real terminator-ish or if Batman drove a Vibe lol.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.