NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
NascarXprt

NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe

Post by NascarXprt »

RIP VBB 2.0... 4/10/10 - 8/8/13

NascarXprt a.k.a. Vibe Bass Boat (VBB) a.k.a. V2.0More pics at my cardomain page and photobucket page.-cardomain(reworking)-photobucket2006 Vibe BaseMoonstone Mono-toneFactory Options:-Mono-tone Appearance-Automatic Transmission-AM/FM/XM CD-Power windows and locks-16" rims-Monsoon Sound system (7 speaker setup)-Moons and Tunes package-Sun Roof-Keyless entryPerformance Upgrades:-K&N Drop in Filter-Tokico Blue Struts-Tein H-techs -Matrix/Corolla XRS Strut barVisual Upgrades:-Stubby Atnenna-Tool Guys Fog Light protectors Blue in color-De-badged-Genvibe.com decals added-Front Arrowhead added (Reflective red outline with a matte black center)-Fog light on anytime Mod-Red-out Tail light overlays-Painted Grill and trim rings-Autobot Faction badges added-TRD badges addedInterior Upgrades:-Dual XDM6850BT Head Unit w/ Blue-tooth.-Redline Goods leather E-Brake Boot and Shifter Boot* (*shifter boot not installed)-Honda Fit floor mats (from my sisters totaled 09 Honda Fit.)-Rear Cargo Floor mat-Rear Cargo Cover-Painted Interior Parts-Added steering wheel Reflective Black Arrow head Overlay-Seat coversFuture Mods:-DRL disable w/switch (50% complete)-Window Tint (before end of the year)-Grafxwerks decals (45% complete)-Reinstall Full Dual Audio Illuminite Sound system (20% Complete)-Tein S-tech Lowering springs-Intake: Cosmo CAI (Red) or Injen CAI (Black)-18" Rims and Tires-Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors-Progress rear sway bar-Invidia Exhaust system-RKSport R/A hood-Psyhcovibe body kit-Painted Calipers and DrumsDay of Purchase 4/10/10:
Last edited by NascarXprt on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Cole... Glad to see you stayed within the family...
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
star_deceiver

Re: NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe (NascarXprt)

Post by star_deceiver »

Finally!!! (the mob was about to be let loose)Nice to see you didn't stray!!!So what's the verdict??? How does it compare to your old one?
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

What? No steelies??? J/K Looks good, brother!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Where are you getting the RKSport spoiler from??? Thought they never actually made that, was taken off their site at least 2 years ago... nice 06 BTW!
lovemyraffe

Re: NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Congrats! I'm glad you stayed with a Vibe.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ArcsVibe

Re: NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe (lovemyraffe)

Post by ArcsVibe »

She looks great Cole! Congrats!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

aaaaww cole!!!! back in the saddle!!!!!! nice find!congrats on VBB 2.0!!!!!looks good
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

VERY NICE!!! Congrats, Cole.Personally, I like the face-lift ('05-'08) models and now you have the drive-by-wire system too, so installing cruise would be easy, if it doesn't already have it.Wish ours had keyless entry if not power windows. The wife likes it w/o though.Also, I don't see blacking out your headlight housings or replacing the OE horn on your list of FM's? And may I suggest some Lamin-X film (in your choice of colors) for the headlights and fogs?
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
NascarXprt

Re: NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe (06pvibe)

Post by NascarXprt »

Thanks all for the congrats! yea i didnt stray too far from the family, was about to get an 05 Trix but it sold the day i went to look at it... Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »VERY NICE!!! Congrats, Cole.Personally, I like the face-lift ('05-'08) models and now you have the drive-by-wire system too, so installing cruise would be easy, if it doesn't already have it.Wish ours had keyless entry if not power windows. The wife likes it w/o though.Also, I don't see blacking out your headlight housings or replacing the OE horn on your list of FM's? And may I suggest some Lamin-X film (in your choice of colors) for the headlights and fogs?the keyless entry is nice as is the power windows, though i didnt have them in the old vibe.eh i dont care too much for the updated face i prefere the 03-04 nose.but yes blacked out heads are on the list, i just copied and pasted stuff from my other garage thread to here, there needs to be some revisements to the list though. i need to get some cash before the horns are upgraded.Lamin-x sounds cool for my heads and fogs, im assuming i need to google them?Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Finally!!! (the mob was about to be let loose)Nice to see you didn't stray!!!So what's the verdict??? How does it compare to your old one?well since ive been with out the vibe for about 3 months and driving an Avalachne for those three months its kinda hard to remember how the drivin characteristis were, but i do believe this has tighter steering response, throttle lags, since its DBW instead of a cable throttle which i think is better, but over all its a nice upgrade to my last vibe.Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »What? No steelies??? J/K Looks good, brother! Thanks Brian, its a shocker i know, its a good thing you were sittin down when you saw it Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »Where are you getting the RKSport spoiler from??? Thought they never actually made that, was taken off their site at least 2 years ago... nice 06 BTW!i hope i can find a place to do it or get lucky online eventually
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt ».... Lamin-x sounds cool for my heads and fogs, im assuming i need to google them?Not when you've got someone like me around. http://www.lamin-x.com/automotive-s/47.htm The fogs are pre-cut, but the heads.... well, I bought 2-24"x 24" bulk sheets and have yet to tackle it, but soon. I did install some clear on my John Deere, but chose the blue for the Frosty Vibe. Blue would be a good choice for your Moonstone too. *hint, hint* Or the yellow. I'm not a fan of the smoked choices. I also put blue on my rally white Mazda some years ago, but of course it has faded out over the years.The heads on our 06 are already starting to show their age and I don't want them getting any worse. The stuff ain't cheap, but much cheaper than replacing the headlamps.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

hey! nice to see you still came back to the family and didn't stray off. congrats on the purchase!
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I see a new vibe of the month tagline in your futureo wait... yea that happend already
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

I am trying to hunt down some gm all weather floor mats for ya...
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
06pvibe

Re: NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe (ou.grizzly)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »I am trying to hunt down some gm all weather floor mats for ya... For a Texas driver? You Canadians and Michigan guys/gals should be havin' those. You need them more than we do here in Texas. BTW Mando (off-topic:) Love the new sig. Looks really nice!! Is it a Ponta creation?
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Love this one, Cole! My model year, and nearly all my gear (monotone, monsoon, etc.). I would have loved the moonroof, though!The mods are going to take it to another level. I'm looking forward to seeing them unfold!Awesome color, too (was high on my list of possibles, before I settled on the Abyss).
Steelies to the rescue.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Nice Vibe! Great year and color!
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
Herb

Post by Herb »

Great choice Cole!
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
bull77

Post by bull77 »

congrats on the new vibe! still got those new struts to install?
NascarXprt

Re: (bull77)

Post by NascarXprt »

well not really an update yet (got some new things on the way soon.) but here is an idea of what id like to see happen to the new whip.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

:0dig the pinstriping!!!!!
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
06pvibe

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »well not really an update yet (got some new things on the way soon.) but here is an idea of what id like to see happen to the new whip.I LIKE it!!OK, but unless you are planning a complete repaint, how will the black look on Moonstone?Also, what's w/the white walls?Third, lose, and I mean LOSE the front plate bracket.
NascarXprt

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »I LIKE it!!OK, but unless you are planning a complete repaint, how will the black look on Moonstone?Also, what's w/the white walls?Third, lose, and I mean LOSE the front plate bracket. 1. its a split decision between matte black or gloss black and it may need a full repaint in its near future. plus i think the black on the moonstone would look quite killer.2. its the chrome ring around the rim not white walls. wheels are around 18-19"3. i tried but got pulled over by the county sherif and was given a $260 ticket for not having it on the front. i had my plates in the front window for the longest time after i got my plates in.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »1. its a split decision between matte black or gloss black and it may need a full repaint in its near future. plus i think the black on the moonstone would look quite killer.2. its the chrome ring around the rim not white walls. wheels are around 18-19"3. i tried but got pulled over by the county sherif and was given a $260 ticket for not having it on the front. i had my plates in the front window for the longest time after i got my plates in.1) Gloss black, for sure... and I grew up in the flat black hood era. I do like the darker gray in your pic. 2) That doesn't look like chrome....??? 3) That's crazy!! It's legal to display the plate in the windshield. I've had mine there for 5 yrs now and have never been pulled over for that.... others things, sure, but but not that.
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »I am trying to hunt down some gm all weather floor mats for ya... for the "Vibe" edition ones, these are the cheapest i have found so far...
http://
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

btw, very nice. love the Moonstone!
http://
06pvibe

Re: NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe (DressedInBlack)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »btw, very nice. love the Moonstone!Yeah! Lookin' Good, Cole!!Glad you finally posted more pics... even if they are PSed... which looks very good too, BTW.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Yeah! Lookin' Good, Cole!!Glad you finally posted more pics... even if they are PSed... which looks very good too, BTW.hehe thanks!Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »btw, very nice. love the Moonstone!thanks!Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »:0dig the pinstriping!!!!!oh yea thats one of the first things i thought would look cool on the car.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Update!put the old Tool Guy fog light protectors back on.New Head Unit set up: with Blue Tooth!soon to be added once i get the door speakers ordered and the sub woofers power cables ordered and installed. (if you couldn't tell im going back to the illuminite set up again, oh how i miss it so...)the ebrake boot from Merzbow, i also got the shifter boot from him to, just trying to figure how to install it to where it looks nice and stock..
Ls1jorge

Post by Ls1jorge »

So far so good man alot of upgrades coming your way, if you plan on upgrading on your iPod I'm selling my iPod touch 2nd gen, what else is next for your ride??
05 Vibe-Pioneer indash touch, Remote Start Alarm, TSW 18 inch.
99 Camaro z28- Cammed/Stalled/Full Bolt Ons
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

REALLY glad to see you finally starting to get into this car, Cole. Lookin' Good, Man!!BTW: A monotone Moonstone pulled into my parking lot just as I was about to leave work today. That color looks even BETTER in person... and it made me think about you (and yours) too. I hadn't seen this update till now. Ironic I just happened to see it today for the first time.
NascarXprt

Re: NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe (Ls1jorge & 06pvibe)

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by Ls1jorge »So far so good man alot of upgrades coming your way, if you plan on upgrading on your iPod I'm selling my iPod touch 2nd gen, what else is next for your ride?? Thanks, as of now not lookin to upgrade the iPod yet this one is still in good workin condition and only 2½ years old. As for what else, looking to get tint in the coming months (preferably at Mothers Window Tint), either getting a K&N Drop in air filter or CAI, and S-Techs with my Tokico HP Blue struts. also to finally re-add my two 12" subs back into the car.Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »REALLY glad to see you finally starting to get into this car, Cole. Lookin' Good, Man!!BTW: A monotone Moonstone pulled into my parking lot just as I was about to leave work today. That color looks even BETTER in person... and it made me think about you (and yours) too. I hadn't seen this update till now. Ironic I just happened to see it today for the first time. awesome! thanks for the complement on the cars color, the more i look at it the more i like it, but i still miss my Neptune. Hahah yea ironic.today and friday i noticed a 03/04 Fusion Vibe with Ohio plates on it. i really need to print off some of those genvibe.com cards...
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

The car looks great! Can't wait to see what you have planned for it.
06pvibe

Re: NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe (lovemyraffe)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »The car looks great! Can't wait to see what you have planned for it.I'll second that!
NascarXprt

Re: NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe (DressedInBlack)

Post by NascarXprt »

will have a new update by Sunday. i did a new thing to the vibe and have two more things to do before the cold weather comes in. Anyone care to take a guess as to what was recently done today?
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us, Cole. Best of luck to you and hope everything works out.You can BET YOUR LIFE I will be keeping an eye on this thread (as I am Keith's for that turbo install. )
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Update! New pics!
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Looks Good!!! Nice and dark!!! Are you going to paint on or apply decals to the HVAC controls?
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Lookin' good, Cole. Nice job of color matching the dash.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NascarXprt

Re: NascarXprt - 2006 Moonstone Vibe (star_deceiver)

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Looks Good!!! Nice and dark!!! Are you going to paint on or apply decals to the HVAC controls?nah, dont really need it during the day, ive remembered the positions on it, but eventually i'd like to have a decal placed over it also since my HVAC lights seem to work when they prefere to work. its like there is a loose connection behind there or something....Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Lookin' good, Cole. Nice job of color matching the dash. thanks!
victorhasheart

Post by victorhasheart »

I LOVE that flat black! That's surely my next project:)
03' VibeGT. Rear Tinted Windows, Low-Pro Amplified Subwoofer (passenger seat), Drop in K&N Filter, Yellow Fog Light Bulbs, +MORE COMING SOON
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Love the red accents. Love the gray control covers too.... MUCH better (imo) than that aluminum look paint.The HVAC panel I'm not so keen on. It just looks too plain. Personally, I would miss the positon markers. Perhaps that's the traditionalist in me. If you're going to keep it that way, I would suggest that at least put a red stripe around the chamfered edges so that there is flow between it and the other red touches you've done.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Looks great! Can I ask what paint you used?
NascarXprt

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by NascarXprt »

the flat black and primer were both Krylon and on the HVAC i used the VHT Nightshade tint spray. and for the red i just used Testors enamel Model paint.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

My Plan for wheels by the end of 2011:Tenzo R DC-5 Version 2 18x8" wheels, now the color is still TBA. (three choices Gloss Black, Bronze, Flat Black)
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

vibe 2.0 is comin along nicely, cole!!!! can't wait til you drop it and add the wheels.
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
Ls1jorge

Post by Ls1jorge »

NascarXprt are you gonna put on hids on your car??
05 Vibe-Pioneer indash touch, Remote Start Alarm, TSW 18 inch.
99 Camaro z28- Cammed/Stalled/Full Bolt Ons
bull77

Post by bull77 »

sattle?do you mean saddle?
06pvibe

Re: (bull77)

Post by 06pvibe »

Yup! I'm sure he does....
jkm311

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by jkm311 »

I noticed the spelling, too, but thought he was referring/giving a nod to the MOONstone color of his Vibe 2.0. Eh? Eh?
Steelies to the rescue.