vibe gt-rc!!!

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
atro2020

vibe gt-rc!!!

Post by atro2020 »

now i wonder...... toyota and subaru are working on their joint car... the toyobaru.and we all know that subaru makes damn good cars, as does mitsubushi good examples are the impreza wrx sti and the evo x and its also common knowledge that the vibe gt shares the same engine as the celica gt and the lotus elise.so my question is is it possible the use a gt engine with a manual transmission on an awd vibe? i know that would be serious work... but just think about the possibilities..... a true competitor WRC for the WTCC!!
AMC EAGLE SX-4______ DATSUN 280Z
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

1. Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it. The question is if it is worth doing. I think you'd be better off buying a car that starts off closer to your target goal. 2. How does the chevy in the picture you posted relate to your question?3. Your signature is excessive.
ou.grizzly

Re: (joatmon)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »3. Your signature is excessive. No kidding. Isn't there sig guidelines?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
lovemyraffe

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »No kidding. Isn't there sig guidelines? Yep http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=24724
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
BlueCrush

Re: vibe gt-rc!!! (atro2020)

Post by BlueCrush »

They are talking about this very thing over on TheMatrixGarage.com some are thinking is may be possible but with the awd auto tranny, I beleive...
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
03VibeOttawa

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »No kidding. Isn't there sig guidelines? I'm personally not a fan of photo signatures at all; I think they really chop up a thread (my g/f who reads over my shoulder all the time agrees). On the other hand I find forums with no signatures allowed sterile however, so I guess it's a balance, and can see how it must be hard to please everyone.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
atro2020

Post by atro2020 »

ok cry about it.)3. i fixed the signature..... >i threw them up there, to be resized later. just threw up the url.>not really living on this site.2. as for the 'chevy' pic. i was going to post a carolla wrc,>but just didn't do anything for me. does it do something for you????>can you honestly tell me that any of your vibes(GT) out there can put >out more than 200hp? the ultra can>i guess i could have posted a picture of a matrix xrs, which does have >AWD and the 2.4L 2AZ-FE >but i would still have the 1.8L 1.8 L 2ZZ-GE that puts out a few more >horses1. and with that statement made, anyone could go buy a matrix xrs, >but for those who are mechanically inclined and can find good salvaged >parts, they would have a one-of-a-kind vibe, a much more powerful >vibe. (up to 190hp)>even with the vibe autocross and the gt-r, they're both fwd and modified to the extreme would put out a top of 190hp (estimated
atro2020

Re: vibe gt-rc!!! (BlueCrush)

Post by atro2020 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »They are talking about this very thing over on TheMatrixGarage.com some are thinking is may be possible but with the awd auto tranny, I beleive...thanx for the tip... i knew i wasnt the only one with that thought
joatmon

Re: (atro2020)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by atro2020 »ok cry about it.)3. i fixed the signature..... Thanks for fixing the signature. Much better now. Sorry to have upset you by pointing that outQuote, originally posted by atro2020 »2. as for the 'chevy' pic. i was going to post a carolla wrc,>but just didn't do anything for me. does it do something for you????>can you honestly tell me that any of your vibes(GT) out there can put >out more than 200hp? the ultra can>i guess i could have posted a picture of a matrix xrs, which does have >AWD and the 2.4L 2AZ-FE >but i would still have the 1.8L 1.8 L 2ZZ-GE that puts out a few more >horsesI just didn't understand. You were asking about using Toyota ppwertrain components in a VIbe, and the Chevy picture was just really odd. I still don't see how you felt that it was relevant to your post, but if you like it, then good for you.Quote, originally posted by atro2020 »1. and with that statement made, anyone could go buy a matrix xrs, >but for those who are mechanically inclined and can find good salvaged >parts, they would have a one-of-a-kind vibe, a much more powerful >vibe. (up to 190hp)>even with the vibe autocross and the gt-r, they're both fwd and modified to the extreme would put out a top of 190hp (estimated We recently had a guy who snapped an axle in his underposered stock AWD matrix. You can put a GT engine and tranny in there, find a way to hook up the back end of an awd tranny, but you better also pay attention to the rest of the powertrain. Can that viscous coupling handle lots of torque? Can the differentials, and the transfer case? Would be really disappointing to put lots of power up front and then continuously blow parts of the rest of the drive train. That is why I said that you'd be better off starting with a car designed to handle the higher power. Not to mention the suspension upgrades you'd need to have a Vibe with EVO power. Buy a wrecked wrx or evo and slap a vibe body on it. Don't get me wrong, the VIbe is great car, and it would be cool to have lots of power, but really, it's just not designed from the ground up to have the power and autocross performance you want the way those cars you want to emulate are.The question back to you is if this AWD MT GT Vibe is something you are seriously considering creating, or if you are just randomly speculating about hypothetical possibilities.
atro2020

Post by atro2020 »

no worries, it was about time i fixed my signature....i know it would be an extremely expensive endeavor, but the results would be outstanding.the matrix uses a larger 2.4L engine with a manual gearbox, and an AWD powertrain.so i know that there are variants that are able to support the torque and power.Quote, originally posted by joatmon »I just didn't understand. You were asking about using Toyota powertrain components in a Vibe, and the Chevy picture was just really odd. I still don't see how you felt that it was relevant to your post, but if you like it, then good for you. as for the toyota powertrain in a vibe.....you are aware that everythiing under the hood of the vibe is completely toyota, and that the GT engine is also shared with the lotus elise. http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=38628ive talked about the engines before.and as for the chevy ultra wtcc, i always thought that car would have been a great replacement as the 2nd gen vibe, the style with the power.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by atro2020 »you are aware that everythiing under the hood of the vibe is completely toyota, and that the GT engine is also shared with the lotus elise.LOL, no worries with that one, that is the first thing people learn on this site.But I agree with Joat, you'd have to replace just about every thing in the car, mechanically. Do you know what the speed rating is on the tires? Not much. You're looking to turn a pony into a thoroughbred. Can it be done, sure... with it take years and lots of $$$... yup.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
atro2020

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by atro2020 »

oh trust me i know...... but this would be a project car in that sense.... not for my every day run around....but would it be nice to have something that no one else has.....when they first came out with the redesigns, how many people bought the lancer, or the civic, or a scion xb, tc, xd(old xa), or a vw gti.i love concept cars, we get them in the wierdest ways. (i.e. old 2001 chevy traverse concept we got as the malibu maxx minus the AWD)but we never got the VIBE GT-R or AUTOCROSSbut just for the fact..... to make this little mini-mini van driven by 40yo women into a 'sleeper' (in quotes cause its still a 4cyl)..... that would be fun. to take on the people that think they're awesome cause they have a new 6cyl. mustang or charger (old intrepid), or the kids that buy the granny lancer(without anything 'sport' in it and actually leave them sitting.... and scratching their heads.and yes as for the tires, with the speed rating and all..... IF im going to do all this, i dont think im going to get cheap tires off an old metro.how about you do this .... for me.... tell me what you like about your vibe, what makes it truly and uniquely yours. everyone has done something to their vibe that makes it perfect for them.so i want to know. lets collaborate and discuss.and am i the only one that sees some styling cues from this piranha in the 1st gen vibes?and i said some not all..... im looking at the fender flares, the two tone, the port hole guages and center console, the look of the front end
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

For me, tinting the windows, adding the hood, and getting new wheels transformed the look of the Vibe and made it uniquely mine...at least compared to the other vibes I see on the roads out here in the Northwest Once I tint the tails I feel like the blacked-out aesthetic will help it to evolve beyond the daily driver vibe look.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

For me, it's the vacuum gauge and fuzzy dice. That being said, I don't have the cash at the moment for any serious mods.If I could.... 1) Lighten the car of any and all dead weight (seats, liners, sound deadeners, airbags, ect). 2) Lighten the drivetrain (rims, tires, driveaxles, brakes). 3) Stiffen the rear end and better suspension. 4) Better intake and exhaust system, and remove all the emission controls. 5) Lighten the engine internals and increase compression (12.5:1 would be good with a 8500rpm redling and of course an ECU to tune the thing). 6) Strengthen the unibody.Now remember; rice isn't food, rice comes with food!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
atro2020

Re: (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by atro2020 »

Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »For me, tinting the windows, adding the hood, and getting new wheels transformed the look of the Vibe and made it uniquely mine...at least compared to the other vibes I see on the roads out here in the Northwest Once I tint the tails I feel like the blacked-out aesthetic will help it to evolve beyond the daily driver vibe look. i really like your mods. really cooland also myself, i still have not secured funds to do any mods to mine yet, but i have found a few pics that i truly likean all blacked-out GT.... nicepainted arrowheads on the taillights....sweettwo-tone hood and roof.....sleekGT_R ram air hood and bodykit..... very niceautocross bodykit....the color, the front clip and the projection lens headlights
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by atro2020 »and am i the only one that sees some styling cues from this piranha in the 1st gen vibes?and i said some not all..... im looking at the fender flares, the two tone, the port hole guages and center console, the look of the front end Not at all, I actually saw the piranha in person...http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=26671
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
atro2020

Post by atro2020 »

and even with all the mistakes make by pontiac (aka, pontiac firefly - geo metro and even the easily forgettable, the pontiac salsa) ah yes... two cars i could have done without, but still who designed the salsa, hellen keller? it was designed in 1999, same year that we were presented with the pontiac aztek, and please dont tell me the aztek was a bad vehicle the aztek is responsible for all of the forthcoming crossovers that we now have on our roads, and quite fortunately i like it.but one car i loved so much and i really wish they had produced it... and i also like the design of it. it was also designed a decade before the great (rofl) salsathe car im talking about is the '89 STINGER the design of this car is amazing, except for a few outdated electric accessories it came with, it looks like it should be at at the 2010 auto show.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by atro2020 »it was designed in 1999, same year that we were presented with the pontiac aztek, and please dont tell me the aztek was a bad vehicle the aztek is responsible for all of the forthcoming crossovers that we now have on our roads, and quite fortunately i like it.I happen to like the AztekQuote, originally posted by atro2020 »but one car i loved so much and i really wish they had produced it... and i also like the design of it. it was also designed a decade before the great (rofl) salsathe car im talking about is the '89 STINGER the design of this car is amazing, except for a few outdated electric accessories it came with, it looks like it should be at at the 2010 auto show.You've lost me... what does the Corvette have to do with the Stinger?And then I have to ask, what does all of this have to do with the Vibe?
bikeman1

Post by bikeman1 »

my cousin in Florida used to say his lime-green Aztek used to help him pick up chicks. But, i was pretty sure he had a quality-control issue IMO
Gamma Vibe ==> 2007 Base 5-speed, Neptune
Delta Vibe ==> 2009 Base 2.4L 5-speed, Red Hot Metallic
but still more bikes than Vibes....
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »You've lost me... what does the Corvette have to do with the Stinger?And then I have to ask, what does all of this have to do with the Vibe?I'm lost too... This whole thread makes my brain shut down.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
VforVIBE

Re: (bikeman1)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by bikeman1 »my cousin in Florida used to say his lime-green Aztek used to help him pick up chicks. But, i was pretty sure he had a quality-control issue IMO I can honestly say that no one in a lime-green Aztek has ever tried to 'pick me up'... but with this control issue, that's probably a good thing. I wonder how the Vibe will do with picking up guys... hummmmm
atro2020

Post by atro2020 »

the corvette pic wasnt suppose to be there.... for some reason... the link is shared with something elseand as for you brain hurting..... im sorry theres nothing i can do about that for ya
bikeman1

Post by bikeman1 »

well, in a lime green AZT you gotta wonder. Hope I'm not offending any of y'all who drive one -- I have heard who wild Aztec owners get. The ride does have panache, and it was historic. I didn't know it was a forebear of the Vibe but I can see that. It also launched a 1000 metaphors ("A prime candidate for the official vehicle of Weight Watchers..." , "Official Pace Car of the 2002 San Francisco G/L/T Pride Parade" -- the press loved this thing, and so did its owners)http://www.caranddriver.com/re...age_3VV you better watch out for J*****.....he is in the Tampa area too (Clearwater). The green is a little darker than in the toy stinger in this post, you can't miss it. He's still single Since this topic is now almost completely off any topic, does anyone know if there is a "World's Ugliest Car" competition or award?Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »I can honestly say that no one in a lime-green Aztek has ever tried to 'pick me up'... but with this control issue, that's probably a good thing. I wonder how the Vibe will do with picking up guys... hummmmm
Gamma Vibe ==> 2007 Base 5-speed, Neptune
Delta Vibe ==> 2009 Base 2.4L 5-speed, Red Hot Metallic
but still more bikes than Vibes....
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by atro2020 »i really like your mods. really cooland also myself, i still have not secured funds to do any mods to mine yet, but i have found a few pics that i truly likean all blacked-out GT.... nice Thanks for the reference! Mine's not a GT, but I do like the appearance mods I've made to it.
Tommychu

Post by Tommychu »

Quote, originally posted by atro2020 »and even with all the mistakes make by pontiac (aka, pontiac firefly - geo metro and even the easily forgettable, the pontiac salsa)One thing to mention, is that the firefly and metro were rebadged Suzuki Swifts.The Swift engine can be built to make ridiculous power for a 3cyl. As well, to be minimalist and economical they were some of the lightest passenger cars around. About 2300 pounds and you can still shave a bunch off with some ambition. It's chassis is quite stiff for such a car, handling components are readily available and bracing is cheap and easy if you are/know a good welder.Ultimately, with the right build up it's got potential to be a mind-blowing sleeper. Just find it ironic that you're ripping on fireflies and raving about sleepers in the same breath.edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uuE27ySL0k
"I like to think GM is sort of like the USSR-In economic terms, an unprecedented catastrophe spanning multiple decades that brought misery to millions, but sometimes they made some nifty vehicles that we just love to post about on the internet."
atro2020

Re: (Tommychu)

Post by atro2020 »

its not that im ripping on the Suzuki Cultus, Suzuki Forsa, Suzuki Jazz, Chevrolet Swift, Chevrolet Sprint and Sprint Metro, Geo and Chevrolet Metro, Pontiac Firefly, Maruti 1000, Holden Barina and Subaru Justy, im just saying that it was rebadged quite a lot... thats all... .lol.