BadBrew - 2005 Vibe base

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
BadBrew

BadBrew - 2005 Vibe base

Post by BadBrew »

(Updated 09-01-2009)2005 Vibe base, electrical and Monsoon packagesCurrent mods:- HID projectors with halos 6000k Hi-Lo- Auto lights with DRL fogs http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=38372 - On-Off switch for halos- HID fogs 6000k- Fog protectors from Toolguy- Custom Cargo mat, made by myself- Double lid centre console taken from a 03 Matrix XRS- Floor mounted GPS rack- GPS antenna booster- Aux input with GM12-Auxv2 linked to my GPS' MP3 player- Cosmo red Cold Air Intake- 16" Sacchi gunmetal rims- Dark metallic gray vinyl overlays from GraphxWerks- Painted calipers and drums- ScanGauge II ODB2 scanner with Blendmount- Both spoilers now installed!! (from Dallas Auto Restyling)- Progress sway bar- Eibach pro kit 1.2" drop- WeatherTech window Visors- Sound dampening (50% done!)- Roof bars color matched with vinylHere's the pics!Some night shots coming...Mods to come:- Another on-off switch to control auto headlights- Interior overlays- Drilled front brakes- Magnaflow exhaust or equivalent- LEDs for backup lights and license plate.- And many others!Thanks for watching!
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Looks awesome. Can't have enough of Lava.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
BadBrew

Re: BadBrew - 2005 Vibe base (BadBrew)

Post by BadBrew »

New ScanGauge II with Blendmount installed!
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Looking good do you have night shots of your 6k's?
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Looks good! If your license plate actually looked like that, that would be freaking awesome!!! The designs that come of you covering them up are awesome!!!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
BadBrew

Re: (bull77)

Post by BadBrew »

6000k for projectors and fogs but the fogs look like 8000k due to the protectors. These pics without fog protectors:I have a new cam, I have to work on the settings to have better pics
BadBrew

Re: (BadBrew)

Post by BadBrew »

Spoilers installed today!
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

They look awesome!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Looking good, can't wait to see it when you get it lowered.Should look really sweet.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Nice car man! I have a Abyss 05 and LOVE IT!I am looking at getting a Cosmo CAI as well as the HID projectors that KeithVibe is selling.1. How hard was it to install the HID projectors?2. DId you notice a gain with the Cosmo CAI?
BadBrew

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by BadBrew »

Very late reply here HID projectors where somewhat easy to install, you have to do some wiring to do for halos, in my case I added a switch to turn them on/off so even more wiring through the firewall.Also some drilling and using self tapping screws to fix the ballasts to the frame are to consider to prevent them from jerking all around under the hood. I guess you can also use some zip ties to fix the ballasts and control boxes but it looks better with screws.I have a small problem with the driver side projectors which is shaking a lot when passing on road bumps and cracks. I thought first it was the CAI bumping under the headlight but I still got the problem after removing it for winter.I did notice a small gain on high revs with the Cosmo CAI. But the major gain is for the incredibly nice sound coming out of it when the throttle is wide open According to the Scangauge II Horsepower xgauge (This is an approximate measurement, not the actual result) I went up to 156hp@6000rpm on my base Vibe BUT when I put back the stock air box for winter, I'm now going at 196hp@6000rpm 2 weeks ago and I noticed an even greater torque increase. My Vibe starts way faster from 0-60kph and 80-115kph with stock airbox than with the CAI.So Scangauge II HPW Xgauge = I'll try to dyno this next year because it's not the results I expected at all
BadBrew

Post by BadBrew »

I just ended a 700km work trip and had plenty of time to think for my car I just wanted to write this down somewhere to remember!Stuff I have to fix on my car at spring:- Jiggling left HID projector (extremely annoying on bumpy roads, so pretty much everywhere in Quebec...)- Find another way to fix Toolguy's fog protectors, found one barely hanging, luckily didn't lost any... also they get extremely dirty from behind so I have to remove them frequently during winter, maybe something to seal them on with silicone?- Annoying vibrating sound from the dash- Annoying fan doing high pitch squeaking sound, especially on low and med-low settings...- Re-wire my compustar remote starter/kill, brake lights are wired on it so when they make my HID HL flash because of another DRL mod...I have a 700km travel back home to do on sunday... I'll probably find something else lol
jessep19

Post by jessep19 »

car looks good! Those halo's are nice!
BadBrew

Post by BadBrew »

Some updates, it's been a while!... click to zoomWeatherTech window visors:Color matched roof rack bars with vinyl (last year project):