AKLGT - 2008 Subaru STI hatch

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
AKLGT

AKLGT - 2008 Subaru STI hatch

Post by AKLGT »

I thought I already had a thread somewhere floating in cyber space, but it appears I do not.2008 Subaru STI Hatch in Aspen White purchased from Continental Subaru April 1, 2008. Pretty happy with it, though it does not have a front folding flat passenger seat like in my old 03 and 04 Vibes. Stock power is decent (to me) however it lacks some of the raw power feel that Mav's 07 has. This is much more refined and almost dummied down. I do like the extra gadgets and features, but certainly would be nice to still have that raw power and torque without having to push 3 buttons to get it. We're slowly starting to come out of winter mode, snow is quickly melting and this weekend will be an install party at the house. I've got several items to add to the engine as well as a rear sway bar to help with body roll. Next month will be my turbo upgrade and tune.I finally got the CS Bottomline kit installed last night. I still have my winter tires/rims on the car, but if someone wants to photochop them in white, that'd be awesome (track rims). Unfortunately, if you look close enough, you will see my brand spanking new bumper and parts are much whiter than the rest of the car. I'll be dropping it off to have the clear bra installed on the bumper and lips next week (that will make the color appear a little different). This weekend will be adding everything to the engine bay except the turbo, injectors and fuel pump for a full Stage 2.Current Mods:ExteriorChargespeed Replica bottom line kitPainted front grill, fog light surroundsRed pin stripe on front grillClear Car Armor - front bumper, front lip, hood, front fenders, mirrors, A-frames, front windshield, side skirts, side lips, rear fender flares, rear bumper coverRally Armor Mudflaps20% 3M tintJDM rain guardsInterior/ElectronicsParrot CK3100 Bluetooth Car KitCobb Accessport Engine Management MotoCamm in-car/car cameraIn car camera mount for Sony HDRSchroth 3 point harnessPerformance/SuspensionCobb Accessport Engine ManagementCustom 3" Stainless Steel catless downpipe wrapped and coatedHarman Motive 3" Catback ExhaustGrimmspeed Exhaust manifold crossover pipe wrapped and coatedGrimmspeed TGV Deletes coatedPerrin top mount intercooler stealth blackPerrin oil catch canPerrin Rear Sway BarGimmick Motorsports turbo inlet hoseGimmick Motorsports radiator hosesAMR high flow cold air intake powder coated blackWheels/TiresSummer: Rota G-force 18x9 +30 offset with Potenza RE01 265/35/18Track: BBS White 17x8 +53 offset with Victor Racer 255/40/17Winter: BBS Gold 17x8 +53 offset with Michelin X-ice Studded tires 225/40/17last night (i couldn't figure out all my camera settings, so sorry they suck)Daytime Pics
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Summer rims and tires now on! Rota G-Force 18x9 +30 offsetBridgestone Potenza RE01 265/35/18
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Nice pics -- the STI looks awesome I prefer the look of your gold rims better
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

I wish I had my rims p/c white now that I got my track rims done. looks so freaking sweet! can't wait til I can get the rubber on them and mount them on the car for a photoshoot!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

the sti looks great man. i really like the new ones.
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

I love it with those Rotas on. Very sexy.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

thanks. I wanted the Advans but cannot bring myself to pay $2500 for rims only, especially when I know these will get curbed, beat on and worse. LOL. oh and your rolling pic looks great! (didn't know if i'd told you that already). I still find the 03/04 Vibes to be sexy as hell, especially after tint and lowering. I bought my 08 STI because of how awesome the VGT was, so versatile and tons of room. unfortunately, the front passenger seat does not fold flat down like in the Vibe, so it really kills on cargo space where there would be soooo much more if it did!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

I'm in a contest on the Subie site, so please come vote for me through Round 1! :Dhttp://forums.nasioc.com/forum...50808
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Summers are sweet!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

I'll be posting up some pics of the new build. lots of pics to weed through... so will take awhile.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

ok, here's just a few of the pics.TD06-20G 8cm vs OEM VF48fried clutch!Stock WRX clutch vs my fried 08 STI clutchnew ACT ClutchDual AVCS
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
kevera

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by kevera »

**drools**Wow,it looks sexy now.I'm talking about the car Great job!!!
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, once the car is tuned right, it should be a load more fun! :Dthe goal this year is 11's! Then will start working on building up a better motor (not too crazy since it's still my DD and I just need it to be a little better than the weak factory one). Plan to add bigger pistons, port and polish, rods, etc. also going to add some cams when I do this (aimed for next year). then a couple more bolt ons to the existing set up, get the tuning squared away and done! Will be working on our next project car, but that will be a big build... we're looking for low to mid 10's for that car. :D
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

teaser pic!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

hope, that is one beautiful scooby...i nominate hope's sti as vibe of the month!!!!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

upgraded tmic?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

^^ yuppers. and my TMIC went onto Mav's since it's about 15% larger than his OEM one. The Perrin TMIC isn't the one I really wanted, but was half the price of the AMR which is the same size as mine, but just as thick as the Perrin. The Perrin is the same size as Mav's but thicker, so it's still bigger than my stock, but not as big as the AMR which is the largest TMIC on the market currently. I'll get some better pics of the engine bay now that it's all back together (minus the AC pulley and the turbo heat shield).
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

bigger isnt always better..but with tmic it cant be that big. so does it have a nice pressure drop? I was looking at a new tmic, most of the fmic's you have odd issues in fitment or not being centered. Can you send me moar pics? is sexy in that engine bay.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

I believe the 20G is 47lb? can't remember... it's a Blouch TD06-20G with the 8cm housing. Should be good for 11's if I get the tuning all straightened out. That's my goal for this year since I've put autox on the lower priority. and that will be without headers, external wastegate or alcohol/meth injection. I got the fuel pump installed yesterday, but what a mess (and stinky!). I hope there's nothing wrong with either my injectors or FP so I won't have to recreate the wheel tomorrow. ugh! Gotta get some data logs done.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Update:well, cylinder 2 went out due to the infamous ringland failure issue.Built block up next!Wiseco 100mm PistonsACL 1/1000 Over sized Rod BearingsCosworth 100mm Head GasketsManley Rods H-BeamHope to have it all ported and ready to go, broken in by June 12!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

never ending... *sigh* still trying to chase down some gremlins (aka misfire issues). The tune was on Saturday, so it was still a success despite the misfire set backs.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

damn still having issues? yeah thats the reason I dont want to go mod happy with my DD and why I need a 2nd car to do so.. hope you find out whats wrong quick!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

just got off the phone with my tech. He found a wire that was bent or loose in the coil pack on cylinder 1, so we're hoping that's the cause of the problem.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

scubi looks clean man! keep up the good work.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »never ending... *sigh* still trying to chase down some gremlins (aka misfire issues). The tune was on Saturday, so it was still a success despite the misfire set backs.Wanna trade?!?
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

^^ does yours run right? maybe! here's a vid from one of the 3rd gear pulls on 90 pump
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Well, update:I never got my 11 sec run this year unfortunately, however did manage several 12.30 @ 110 mph. Not exactly what I was reaching for, but somewhat close. That is running approx 22 psi of boost, we were looking to turn that up to about 26 psi but ran out of the season (and time). That should have put me right at that 11 sec mark. Oh well.We (Mavrik and I) are in the process of tearing the car apart and taking it back to stock. I am selling the car and going back to my Legacy roots. This time, however, I'm going to a non-turbo (gasp!) daily driver with the CVT transmission. We'll still have the 07 STI and our 99 RS project car (in the works). Guess I'm just getting too old for this? I don't know. I still plan to get my speed kicks this summer by co-driving the 09 GTR with my friend, Ryan, even though it will not be my actual car. I'm sure I will survive.Here's the actual tear down and install album as we go along. I update it as we're working on the car. So far, we've successfully removed the motor, rebuilt it (only needed pistons), moved the heads over and all the parts and now back into the car. We still have to bolt it in place, reattach everything, get some hoses we're missing, install the stock exhaust, Top mount intercooler and the air pump that neither of us is familiar with (but luckily have our tech on call for quick answers and pointers). Once we get this car back alive, running, etc, it will be quite the team effort and accomplishment. Phil's done most of the man power wrenching as I've done the smaller wrenching and organizing of parts so we know where things go or what to do. http://www.facebook.com/album....2bcb6
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

When is the expected delivery date of the Legacy?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

supposedly beginning of February
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »supposedly beginning of FebruaryNot too much longer!!! I thought about an Outback or Forester instead of a new 2009 Vibe, but they did not have a lot going on for financing at the time. Subaru is really making a great product!
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

I certainly hope it is better than this last one. But this one won't have a turbo and shouldn't have motor issues from me racing it. LOL. it certainly will not be a fast car, but it'll be a nice one.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS