New Member - 2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
vibenvy

New Member - 2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT

Post by vibenvy »

Hey everyone! My name is Carrie and I just bought a brand new 2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT last Sautrday (April 11, 2009). It's fully loaded with the power sunroof, 5-speed shiftable automatic and theft-deterrent alarm system. Until now I have driven only Pontiac J-Bodies (1994 Sunbird LE Sedan, 2002 Sunfire GT Coupe and 2002 Sunfire SE Sedan). I have been wanting a brand new car for a while now because I was tired of spending so much money on modifications for the Sunfire. No matter how many cars I looked at online, I kept coming back to the Vibe GT. I love the aggressive look of it and everything it has to offer in stock form. So far, I couldn't be happier with it. I definitely made the right decision!I don't have any huge plans for it. The windows will be getting tinted 35% within the next week or two. The stock headlight and fog light bulbs will be replaced with Silver Star bulbs and I'll be getting the GM all weather floor and cargo mats. I will also eventually get the K&N short ram intake to give it a little more oomph. Coming from the Sunfire it's a great vehicle the way it is and I don't plan on changing much as the payment will be taking up the majority of my income . These are the only pictures I have of it so far. The license plate frame is now gone and I started working on removing the dealer sticker from the hatch, but it is really stuck on there so I gave up on that after about 20 minutes. I'll have to remove it a little bit at a time to save my poor fingernails. I will also be removing the PONTIAC VIBE GT badges very soon as well.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Welcome to genvibe!Are you suuuuurrrreeee Silver Stars? Just a head's up SS get absolutely NO LOVE here at GVC.Aside from that welcome aboard!!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
GoodVibErations2004

Re: New Member - 2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by GoodVibErations2004 »

wow my first car was a sunbird. lasted me 2 years till iblew the motor.... wish i still had her. but now ive got my 04 neptune and ilove her too. lol welcomme 2 the club
GoodVibErations2004 2004 Neptune AWD ^^^^^^^^^^^My Genvibe Garage^^^^^^^^^^^
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Welcome to the family! Thanks for sharing pictures of your sweet ride with us!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

lowincash

Post by lowincash »

welcome and cool car! not many silver ones so far. i just debadged my hatch too =D
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
NascarXprt

Re: (lowincash)

Post by NascarXprt »

Welcome to the family! nice lookin GT!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
_Brent_

Post by _Brent_ »

Nice, congratulations on the new Vibe.
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Welcome
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Welcome to GenVibe!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

nice gt! and debadged from the get go!!!!!welcome to the family
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Awesome car! Welcome to genvibe!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks for the warm welcome!So, you guys aren't fans of Silver Stars around here huh? The stock bulbs on the GT are bright as is. I can't believe that Silver Stars wouldn't be even better. I have had Silver Star bulbs in all my cars and have been very pleased with them. I figured with the huge fog lights the Silver Stars would be amazing. I guess I will get some cheap on eBay and find out for myself. Thanks for the heads up though.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

yea the SS's on the vibe's don't last.Welcome btw.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
1SC

Post by 1SC »

Nice looking GT. Looks good in that color.I too have the all weather GM mats inside and in the truck and love them.I'm planing on debadging it too when I have the time.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I guess I'll get the Silver Stars and at least give 'em a try. I had good luck with them lasting a long time on my other vehicles, so who knows?I am still in the process of trying to get the damn dealer sticker off the hatch and once I get it completely removed, the badges are coming off next.
PlatinumVibe08

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

Hi Carrie and welcome to GenVibe! Great color choice as I'm a partial to Platinum. Have you seen many other Vibes up there in DeKalb county?Regarding the dealer sticker, take your hair dryer and heat it up and it should peel right off. If there is any residual adhesive, a little WD-40 on a soft cloth works great to remove the sticky stuff. Here are some threads on the subject: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=15574 http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=32494 http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=33600 Enjoy your new Vibe!PlatinumVibe08
2006 Lexus SC430 White Gold Crystal
2010 Lexus RX350 Matador Red Mica
2013 Lexus CT200h Starfire Pearl
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, Platinum is definitely the best color! My last two vehicles have been silver and it quickly became my favorite color. It looks so good when it's all nice and clean and it hides scratches, dents, etc. which is always good too.I did manage to get the dealer sticker completely removed this past week. It was like the license plate stickers, no matter what you did it would only come off in little tiny pieces, not all at once like a vinyl sticker. Oh well, a blow dryer, some WD40 and some sore fingernails and it's finally gone! Next up are the PONTIAC VIBE GT badges on the hatch. Hopefully those will be pretty easy.As far as other Vibes up here in DeKalb county, I have only seen two black '09 GTs on the road. Besides that I have seen none, not even base models. People definitely take a second look when they see me drive by. I have had a ton of comments on the GT already. People ask me how I like it, etc.I got the windows tinted 35% all around yesterday so as soon as it stops raining here in Illinois I will get some updated pictures up.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

same here, there's not much vibe's, especially the 09 GT's, around here and people do take second looks. i've recently removed the Pontiac Vibe GT badge and people do ask me what car it is. they do say it looks similar to the matrix but still don't know what it is lol it's kind of cool to drive a car not that many people have around here.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

btw i think it'll look nice once it's debadged =D
Dog Hauler

Post by Dog Hauler »

Another '09 GT, nice. My wife has relatives that live in Sandwich.
PlatinumVibe08

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »btw i think it'll look nice once it's debadged =DYour right lowincash but it'll look even better totally debadged and devoid of the dealer license plate frame. Simple black or carbon fiber license plate frames on the front and rear would look nice and the Pontiac emblem might as well be removed since they won't be making them any more. Quote, originally posted by Dog Hauler »Another '09 GT, nice. My wife has relatives that live in Sandwich.Holy cow Dog Hauler, between you and your wife you've got Illinois covered with your relatives in Southern (Herrin) and Central (Charleston) Illinois and the wife's relatives in the northern end of the state. PlatinumVibe08
lowincash

Re: (PlatinumVibe08)

Post by lowincash »

i would remove the pontiac logo too but i think there's two holes there or something...not exactly sure but if there's no holes i'm definitely going to remove mine. i got the black license plate frame too :Dbut hmm i am for sure going to try to remove the pontiac logo and see if there's any holes. since most cars i've seen has two holes when it's removed =/
PlatinumVibe08

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »but hmm i am for sure going to try to remove the pontiac logo and see if there's any holes. since most cars i've seen has two holes when it's removed =/Let us know what you find out lowincash.I sure can't say regarding the Gen2 Vibe, but I know for a fact that the Pontiac logo on the rear of the Gen1 Vibe is only held on with double sided tape just like the Vibe logo. Here's the rear of my debadged '08. PlatinumVibe08
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Welcome and congrats I saw one in that color yesterday. (Even though it was going the opposite way from me, I still saw it and went wow.)
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Dog Hauler

Post by Dog Hauler »

Yes, I do have the state of confusion.......I mean Illinois covered with relatives.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »btw i think it'll look nice once it's debadged =DI agree! It will be debadged sometime this week/weekend. Quote, originally posted by Dog Hauler »Another '09 GT, nice. My wife has relatives that live in Sandwich.Cool! What's their last name?Quote, originally posted by Platinum08Vibe »Your right lowincash but it'll look even better totally debadged and devoid of the dealer license plate frame. Simple black or carbon fiber license plate frames on the front and rear would look nice and the Pontiac emblem might as well be removed since they won't be making them any more.I wish I could remove the arrowhead badge from the hatch, but I am pretty sure there are some holes underneath it :-(.Quote, originally posted by lowincash »i would remove the pontiac logo too but i think there's two holes there or something...not exactly sure but if there's no holes i'm definitely going to remove mine. i got the black license plate frame too :Dbut hmm i am for sure going to try to remove the pontiac logo and see if there's any holes. since most cars i've seen has two holes when it's removed =/Definitely let me know if there are any holes under it. If not, I will definitely be removing it too.Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »Welcome and congrats I saw one in that color yesterday. (Even though it was going the opposite way from me, I still saw it and went wow.)Thanks for the warm welcome!Well, I have now ownded the Vibe for a little over 2 weeks and I couldn't be happier with it. Unfortunately the weather has not been cooperating lately and I have yet to be able to detail it and get some updated pictures, but the weather is supposed to cooperate this weekend so new pictures will be coming soon!The dealer license plate frame and the dealer sticker have already been removed. The PONTIAC VIBE GT badges will be removed within the next few days as well.Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I also forgot to mention, the windows were tinted 35% all around last Friday and I will be ordering a strip of black vinyl to put on the inside upper windshield.
vibenvy

Re: New Member - 2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT

Post by vibenvy »

Just thought I'd bump this thread for old time's sake since it started with my very first post on GenVibe ever and I just made my 5000th post a few mintes ago :P.