2009 HHR SS

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
damronjr

2009 HHR SS

Post by damronjr »

Here it is, read 'em and weep! lolMore to come.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
keithvibe

Re: 2009 HHR SS (damronjr)

Post by keithvibe »

you got rid of franken vibe... booooooo... personally i hate the hhr.. but as long as you like it... so when is it going to get boost?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
millster

Re: 2009 HHR SS (keithvibe)

Post by millster »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »so when is it going to get boost?SS=Factory turbo.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

I don't know if I believe you... where are you hiding the Vibe?
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
nygiantzz1

Post by nygiantzz1 »

Congrats Jason! that's a nice looking HHR. Your Vibe was cool but I think it was time for a change. Post some more pics when you get time.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

auto or manual? because theres a difference of 50hp's
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Nice looking ride, did you happen to take a gander at the HHR Panel Wagons?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Jason I love it! How does it drive? Tell me more about it....remember a while back I was looking at her as the Vibe replacement..Congrats!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

damronjr

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Nice looking ride, did you happen to take a gander at the HHR Panel Wagons? No rear seats, kid wouldn't have anywhere to sit, and even if he could he wouldn't be able to see! lol Quote, originally posted by northvibe »auto or manual? because theres a difference of 50hp'sDifference is 25hp, and it is auto as 1) that is all I could find, 2) I didn't even know that until right now , 3) both my wife and I only know how to drive an auto! Quote, originally posted by nygiantzz1 »Congrats Jason! that's a nice looking HHR. Your Vibe was cool but I think it was time for a change. Post some more pics when you get time. Same here, I just wasn't feeling the Vibe anymore, I was ready to put it behind me and move on.Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »I don't know if I believe you... where are you hiding the Vibe?I will be getting it back for about a day so I can get the HU swapped out and hopefully the wheels as well. I will also be trying to get some other small parts off of it as I can.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

ahh. nice choice! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
NibCrom

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by NibCrom »

Another traitor.J/K. Enjoy the ride, stick around.
ou.grizzly

Re: (damronjr)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »No rear seats, kid wouldn't have anywhere to sit, and even if he could he wouldn't be able to see! lol That would not of worked at all! But did you happen to see one? I have not seen one from up close or the interior and I thought they looked pretty neat based on the pictures that were online.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Normally I don't car for the HHR but it looks good in black with those wheels. When are the airbags going in? What are the HP/TQ specs on it?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
damronjr

Re: 2009 HHR SS (BlueCrush)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Normally I don't car for the HHR but it looks good in black with those wheels. When are the airbags going in? What are the HP/TQ specs on it?http://www.leftlanenews.com/ch...tionsNo bags!
NibCrom

Post by NibCrom »

The HHR is 33181 lbs?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »http://www.leftlanenews.com/ch...tionsNo bags!oh thank god! don't do that to your poor kids! LOLand welcome to the wonderful world of F/I and not so great fuel economy! :lol: but I think you were used to that in the Frankenvibe...
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Raven

Re: 2009 HHR SS (AKLGT)

Post by Raven »

Very nice Definately a step up from the Vibe. Nice wheels too!BTW What is the HP?
northvibe

Re: 2009 HHR SS (Raven)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Raven »Very nice Definately a step up from the Vibe. Nice wheels too!BTW What is the HP?auto's have 235hp, manuals come with 260.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Nuh uh, no you didn't...Looks good... I keep seeing a red one around here, pretty snazzy.Now that you got something nice and new, please refrain from the excessive modifications that turn your vehicles into a reliability disaster. Good luck with it man!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
AKLGT

Re: 2009 HHR SS (northvibe)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »auto's have 235hp, manuals come with 260. that's lame. i wonder why such a huge difference?? the slushbox shouldn't be THAT big of a diff in power.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ColonelPanic

Re: 2009 HHR SS (AKLGT)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Back in the 90's I recall how GM limited their high performance stuff (Beretta GTZ's, W-bodies with the HO DOHC 3.4, e tc) to manuals because they didn't have any automatics at the time that could handle the power. Perhaps it had to be tuned down for that reason, but surely nowadays they have an auto that could handle that... They have FWD cars with more power than this but those are all bigger cars so they probably have more beefy transmissions than what this thing has...At least it still has FI, its Cobalt sibling with the auto doesn't have that IIRC.

Image Image
ColonelPanic

Re: 2009 HHR SS (ColonelPanic)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Yup, they don't have a tranny that can handle it:Quote »The 4-speed automatic only makes 235 horsepower and 223 pound-feet of torque – essentially the same engine just detuned a bit. This off-the-shelf GM transmission was not designed to handle more horsepower. The market for the automatic, we’re assured by the Chevy folks, is expected to be different than the market for the stick. The automatic will appeal, they think, to the enthusiast who wants better power and handling but would be unlikely to drive it competitively. At 235 horsepower, that’s still plenty for this little car - just not as awe-inspiring as 260 horsepower.http://www.theautochannel.com/....html

Image Image
rdnzl

Post by rdnzl »

Those things are UBER UGLY.
AKLGT

Re: 2009 HHR SS (ColonelPanic)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Yup, they don't have a tranny that can handle it:http://www.theautochannel.com/....htmlnice find! I can relate though. with the LGT, it was difficult to mod it due to the auto tranny. It could be done, just at more expense and at the time, I got to be a guinea pig for many "upgrades." It's really a shame too, because imo, the autos make great drag cars. you cannot out shift the computer! I've tried and failed! and there's no such thing as someone who's a non-enthusiast owning an auto. I LOVED my auto! I wish my new car was auto clutch as well. maybe i'm just getting too old! LOLJason, I'm sure you will enjoy your new ride! Looks like it will fit you well.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
bull77

Post by bull77 »

I'm not a big fan of the HHR's, but this one looks nice with those rims. Enjoy the trouble free ride
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Let the modding begin...When you going to lower it? How can you stand that wheel well gap?
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I checked out the hhr ss before my ms3. The only model they had was the auto though the engine bay is soooo huge! and such restrictive looking piping for the intake/IC When you sit in it you feel real high up, kinda like the vibe. Over all its a sweet looking sleeper, specially in black
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

I like it... can't wait to see what you do with it.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Not sure what mods I will do to it, but a drop, intake, new tails, some vinyl, and some wheels will surely be in the works!
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Is FrankenVibe for sale yet or is the Dealer going to send it to an Auto Auction?
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Not sure what mods I will do to it, but a drop, intake, new tails, some vinyl, and some wheels will surely be in the works!do some research on the HHR forums about the intake first. I know with the turbo subes, intakes aren't recommended unless you can tune for it or go larger turbo. also, see if there is any kind of a/m engine management, because that is one of the best mods you can do!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

i havent even heard of a intake yet for the turbo cobalt, so there may not be one yet for the hhr. As for ecm, HPtuners is the best. There will be a stage kit coming for the cobalt ss tc so maybe the hhr ss but not sure about the auto. From what I know, the gxp and redline havent had issues with mods without ecm, but for sure read about them before installing/buying! solid car dude..they are making massive HP with the turbo cobalt, on stock internals.
kevera

Re: (northvibe)

Post by kevera »

Holy SheetSo FrankenVibe is gone,very sad.But your new ride is sweet,thank god you didn't get a new vibe.All I have to say is nice.My advice don't mod too much,remember frankenvibe and all your headaches.Something to think about.Congrats Jay.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
AKLGT

Re: (kevera)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »Holy SheetSo FrankenVibe is gone,very sad.But your new ride is sweet,thank god you didn't get a new vibe.All I have to say is nice.My advice don't mod too much,remember frankenvibe and all your headaches.Something to think about.Congrats Jay.+1or make sure you do lots and lots of research first. been there, done that. still recovering from the cost.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I really like the SS grill over the stock grill. Hope you're planning on sticking around.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Vibe_dude

Post by Vibe_dude »

Hey now that someone has a HHr on here,maybe you could settle a disagreement I have with my wife...which has more room in the back.the 03-08 vibe or the hhr's?I think the hhr does because of the full roof.where the vibe is cut short and not so boxy.
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
nygiantzz1

Re: (Vibe_dude)

Post by nygiantzz1 »

Quote, originally posted by Vibe_dude »Hey now that someone has a HHr on here,maybe you could settle a disagreement I have with my wife...which has more room in the back.the 03-08 vibe or the hhr's?I think the hhr does because of the full roof.where the vibe is cut short and not so boxy.Vibe_dude, The Vibe is actually taller and wider with more head and leg room. The HHR does have a little more cargo space. I parked next to one several months ago and was surprised to see that the Vibe was actually bigger sitting next to it.
scherry2

Re: 2009 HHR SS (joatmon)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Thank you for buying American assembled in Mexico....
joatmon

Re: 2009 HHR SS (scherry2)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by scherry2 »assembled in Mexico.... oh well, at least it's another sale for GM,, they need all they can get
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Congrats on the new ride!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
damronjr

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by damronjr »

Thanks guys, These last few days have been extremely hectic. Hopefully after this weekend I will have some more time to get some more pics taken and post the stuff up I was able to scavenge before they threatened to call the cops and report my car stolen! lol
B14CK_H4WK

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

what are you doing with your vibe now i loved your vibe it was my fav.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

lookin good, jason! congrats on the new purchase!just got back from a family reunion in sacramento. my brother was driving an hhr around for the week. not too bad. had some decent pickup (noticed this on the ride back to the airport to try to catch my flight)will look cool dropped
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
tx_wrx

Post by tx_wrx »

hey what mpgs does this car get? Also i heard a rumor that these turbo HHR SS dont require premium fuel. That the case? I was considering one of these .... perfect car for hauling my windsurfing equipment but i have heard that their interiors do not hold up and start to rattle very soon. So it has been off my list. MazdaSpeed3 was top of the list till i found out about its poor crash test results.
SuperSpeedWagon

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

WHY!!!! oh well at least its black haha and an SS gotta see more man
2010 vibe gt
AKLGT

Re: (tx_wrx)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by tx_wrx »hey what mpgs does this car get? Also i heard a rumor that these turbo HHR SS dont require premium fuel. That the case? I was considering one of these .... perfect car for hauling my windsurfing equipment but i have heard that their interiors do not hold up and start to rattle very soon. So it has been off my list. MazdaSpeed3 was top of the list till i found out about its poor crash test results.according to Chevy's website, it requires 91+ octane. I don't see how any turbo/supercharger vehicle can run on anything less than premium. otherwise, what's the point of having it turbocharged if it's running poorly due to Air/Fuel ratio.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
damronjr

Re: (tx_wrx)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by tx_wrx »hey what mpgs does this car get? Also i heard a rumor that these turbo HHR SS dont require premium fuel. That the case? I was considering one of these .... perfect car for hauling my windsurfing equipment but i have heard that their interiors do not hold up and start to rattle very soon. So it has been off my list. MazdaSpeed3 was top of the list till i found out about its poor crash test results.Right now I'm getting about 16mpg! LOL And I just found out about a little trick with the gears so imagine it will only get worse! As far as the owners manual says it does require premium 91 octane or better gas. More pics will come, it is already dirty and awaiting it's second mod!!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

hahaha! keep your foot off the throttle!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

so you did get ride of the vibe? i personally don't like the HHR either but the fact that its turbo, is good!!! lol congrats man. the vibe was sik though
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

Sad to see the Vibe go, but I have to say, I love the HHR SS. I wouldn't mind driving one myself.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945