Kamikaze – 06 Vibe base

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Kamikaze

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by Kamikaze »

New photo's added to first post... not the best but you get the idea.Here's one of them:
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

I love how clean your Vibe looks. Nothing that just screams, "PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Kamikaze

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »I love how clean your Vibe looks. Nothing that just screams, "PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"Thanks.I have a feeling when I add the GM Body kit it might stand out a little more. I'm trying to keep it clean without going to overboard. I love the look with the roof caps, it really cleans it up, but what I don't like is the fitment of them.. maybe I'm a perfectionist, and that's my problem, they don't look perfect... they look good, but there are somethings about them that bother me. I figure it as if they ever go flying off or start looking like crap, I'm just going to yank them off and go back to the roof rack. (I don't mind the rack, I think it was put together nicely and looks decent on the car, but since I'll never use it I figured why not try to clean it up and get rid of it. I might eventually pick up the Psychovibe caps as they seem like a more solid setup (using bolts although I've heard some issues with them as well) I think overall they function better. They aren't 2 pieces like the RK Sports ones so you don't have to worry about if they look seemless like I do with mine. I'd take better pictures of the caps, but honestly, I'm a little ashamed with how they look for fitment that I call it a 5-footer... looks good from 5 feet away.
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Some new pics with the front bumper extentions on, this was a test fit so they were not taped on, just enough to hold them on so I could see what it will look like.Sorry about the blurry photo's the camera did not want to cooperate.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Awesome!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Kamikaze

Re: Kamikaze – 06 Vibe base (Kamikaze)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Awesome!I can't wait to get the side skirts and rear bumper cover on too. I'm waiting to get it all painted to match, the 2 silvers are just too different that I can't keep the kit on. hmmmmm.... maybe I can live with it for just this year till I can get it painted next year... that way if any thing happens to the kit this year when I get it painted I can have it fixed...(I'm thinking scraping issues, I don't think the back will be an issue, and I hope the side skirts aren't, but the front bumper will be.)
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

sweet looks good so far
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Body kit mocked up.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Looks great!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
bull77

Re: Kamikaze – 06 Vibe base (BlueCrush)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Looks great! +1 nice work!
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »+1 nice work!+2
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Kamikaze

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Looks great! Quote, originally posted by bull77 »+1 nice work!Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »+2Thanks guys, I think my visual transformation is almost complete. Just some little things and it should be done. I do have some kinks to work out on the kit with the rear bumper, I just ran out of timeso I had to leave it as is, there's some double sided tape on the top edge of the bumper that I didn't adhere yet because I don't have the bumper exactly where I want it..there's still a little fine tuning to do
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

I had fun posting a pic of my old Mits and thought it would be fun to pull out some old pics I had of my other cars I use to have... I started with an 85 Mustang GT but only have film photo's of that, so nothing scanned yet...moved on to a 92 Mitsbuishi Eclipse GS, and then a 96 Honda Civic, Here's a couple of pics of the Eclipse and the Civic:
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

Vibe is looking awesome! If it wasnt for the midgate spoiler, I might have to call you a copycat! lol jk, keep up the good work! I did notice that you seem to have some gap issues with the front lips though. Minor, but I tend to have an eye for details like that.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
Kamikaze

Re: (ajflan)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by ajflan »Vibe is looking awesome! If it wasnt for the midgate spoiler, I might have to call you a copycat! lol jk, keep up the good work! I did notice that you seem to have some gap issues with the front lips though. Minor, but I tend to have an eye for details like that.yeah, I guess I could be your copycat...I wouldn't be if there were more stuff available... gap issues = probably because only 2 bolts were holding the extentions in, and no tape (test fit) color is off on my kit so I'll need to get it re-painted but probably won't be able to do it till next year so the only part of the kit that is "fully" mounted is the side skirts. I'm glad I have the 05+ front end because otherwise ours would look quite a bit alike.
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

Haha I didn't know it was a test fit. But seriously, your vibe looks awesome! Keep it up.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
Kamikaze

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »Any updates?Sorry man, I pretty much died LOL...After I cracked my passenger side skirt, I said the hell with it, and sold the body kit, the wheels, the RK sport roof caps, I'm sure theres other crap I got rid of.I'm pretty much rolling stock, still lowered, still have the GM performance rear bumper cover, but other than that, she's looking pretty much a plain jane.I still like the vibe, it's a great little car, but priorites have kind of changed, and i just don't have the excitement I use to have doing all the little stuff for it.