BlancoDiablo's 2006 Base Vibe "Conspiracy"

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
KNINE

Re: (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by KNINE »

Still one of my favorite Vibes.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Blanco_Diablo

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Thanks K-9 & Camogirl Appreciate the love!
Blanco_Diablo

Re: BlancoDiablo's • 2006 Base Vibe "Conspiracy"

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Took me a while to post a better pic with the projectors.

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Nice solid looking Vibe! Love the lights! :shock:
2004 Vibe 5 speed with factory oem body kit and wings.
Mods: Sound system, 18" Excel MR7 Rims, 225 40 R18 tires ACT 4 puck clutch.

NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Man Blanco.... i want that hood...wait no im going to "take it with out asking" yea thats it ;)
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Wingnut wrote:Nice solid looking Vibe! Love the lights! :shock:
Thanks man, keeping an eye on your ride too! All vibes should have halos :)
NascarXprt wrote:Man Blanco.... i want that hood...wait no im going to "take it with out asking" yea thats it ;)
Haha, luckily you can still get one if you want one:

http://www.rksport.com/main/part_detail ... 13&catid=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe someday I'll get that SRI I want to make it do more than just look good and blow dirt off of the engine bay :)
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Any luck with the K&N? I have a 2006 as well looking for the Typhoon or another SRI.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Doug14 wrote:Any luck with the K&N? I have a 2006 as well looking for the Typhoon or another SRI.
Cosmoracing has one, I use that plus a K&N filter (so that I can keep the K&N decal on my car and it's only a LITTLE ricey)
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

lannvouivre wrote:
Doug14 wrote:Any luck with the K&N? I have a 2006 as well looking for the Typhoon or another SRI.
Cosmoracing has one, I use that plus a K&N filter (so that I can keep the K&N decal on my car and it's only a LITTLE ricey)
Yeah it looks like that's what i'm going to have to do, the red Typhoon is just so nice looking though! Haha. No problems with the K&N on the Cosmo intake?
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Doug14 wrote:Yeah it looks like that's what i'm going to have to do, the red Typhoon is just so nice looking though! Haha. No problems with the K&N on the Cosmo intake?
Nope, they're the same size. The only issue I have with the CR intake is that it's just slightly too long for you to easily clean the filter since you have to take it off, so if you can cut the intake tube at the filter end just a tiny bit shorter, it'll make things easier. There's also a Secret Weapon Dragon Air Intake That's supposed to fit as well, but I need to ask about how big the nipple for the breather tube is.

Also, I'd suggest replacing the stock breather hose+CR breather hose with one longer heater hose wrapped in header insulation tape stuff where it touches the engine's valve cover and the radiator hose. I'll take pics when I get mine out of the shop and pics of the CR+stock tube amalgamation for comparison. That SHOULD be today if I am oh-so lucky.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

looks good, needs to be lowered.
DVibe

Post by DVibe »

thebarber wrote:looks good, needs to be lowered.
lol barber! :lol: we should call you the stance police! you have so many of these comments. I am always laughing when I come across one! and I am glad my vibe was obeying the law :D
Roll with soul.
DVibe's Garage
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

lannvouivre wrote:
Doug14 wrote:Yeah it looks like that's what i'm going to have to do, the red Typhoon is just so nice looking though! Haha. No problems with the K&N on the Cosmo intake?
Nope, they're the same size. The only issue I have with the CR intake is that it's just slightly too long for you to easily clean the filter since you have to take it off, so if you can cut the intake tube at the filter end just a tiny bit shorter, it'll make things easier. There's also a Secret Weapon Dragon Air Intake That's supposed to fit as well, but I need to ask about how big the nipple for the breather tube is.

Also, I'd suggest replacing the stock breather hose+CR breather hose with one longer heater hose wrapped in header insulation tape stuff where it touches the engine's valve cover and the radiator hose. I'll take pics when I get mine out of the shop and pics of the CR+stock tube amalgamation for comparison. That SHOULD be today if I am oh-so lucky.
Awesome thanks Lannvouivre! Also sorry to spam your thread Blanco haha
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Sorry for the delayed response... life threw things for a loop and was unable to get it put in, still waiting to hopefully do it this summer. So, not sure about the fit & function but it should be fine, glad others have answered your inquiries :)
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

thebarber wrote:looks good, needs to be lowered.
Yeah, I agree, but the way life is going lowering is the last thing on my mind right now... maybe some day though!
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Sorry for the delayed response... life threw things for a loop and was unable to get it put in, still waiting to hopefully do it this summer. So, not sure about the fit & function but it should be fine, glad others have answered your inquiries :)
Not a problem, I've put it off for a while too. Hopefully things work out for you, gotta love life throwing you curve balls once and a while! Best of luck.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Doug14 wrote:Awesome thanks Lannvouivre! Also sorry to spam your thread Blanco haha
Sorry I haven't shown you the pic, it's been "cold" outside lately, and I do so hate cold weather.

Blanco, your vibe is just so shiny and sexy that I am almost beside myself with envy. The ram air hood is just plain boss.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

It's been a while since I have posted. I had quite a few issues with my first set of retro-fitted projectors (photo a few posts back in this thread) bought second hand from another member here. The mistake on my part was not being well-versed enough in auto lighting and assuming the product was quality… unfortunately that proved to not be the case... in all I probably had a fully functioning set of projectors with halos for (maybe) 6 months.

Thanks to the barter system (and the luck of seeking assistance from an up-and-coming business) a little brand identity (logo) work and some packaging designs will be exchanged later this week for the following to be installed:
• Bi-Xenon Morimoto FX-R 3.0 (3" lens)
• Apollo 3.0 Shrouds (painted satin black)
• LED Angel Eyes (sunken behind shrouds)
• Internal headlight housings painted satin black
• External LED updates throughout (Turn signals, back-up lights, etc)

Here is a before pic of what will be retrofitted into the headlights:

Look for the after pics this weekend!
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I can hardly wait!

Hopefully I can upgrade mine, soon.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Oh wow. Those are some nice projectors. I just have Morimoto Mini H1s. I haven't even had them for six months and I'm already planning my next set of lights. And just a little FYI - Do not have the halos wired up to be on with the headlights. There are certain halos (specifically the Mirimoto XB halos) which will burn out sections if they get too warm from both the halo and the HIDs being on. If you want to wire them to your parking lights it might be advisable to wire in an NC (normally-closed) relay so when the headlights receive power the circuit is broken. Jut put it in-line between the power from the parking lights and the halo module.

Or, simpler, and have the halos on a dash switch (like me). That all said, other halos don't have the issue, so it might be worth asking the person providing them if they've had any issues with the halos having segments burning out.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Updated headlight photos:

Last edited by Blanco_Diablo on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

KITT, I'll ask about the halo/heat issue... I'm not positive that these are Morimoto Halos…

edit, they are Morimoto… they come on with the parking lights, but do stay lit when the headlights are on… do you think that will be a problem?

A full installation was part of the trade, he was short a relay (one on hand was defective) so I will be heading back out there for the final touches next week to resolve my hyper flash and get a few final LED bulbs. I'll definitely bring it up.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I can't believe the other ones were just so bad. I just upgraded from the ones I bought from Keith, and now I can actually see where I'm going!

It's just cray how much better the Morimoto projectors with Kensun bulbs are.
Blanco_Diablo

Re: BlancoDiablo's 2006 Base Vibe "Conspiracy"

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Yeah, it's strange because I'm sure most here wanted to give his lights a chance, but they were rough! Thought it was because I bought mine used, but sounds like we all had common issues. It's nice to have working lights again!
Blanco_Diablo

Re: BlancoDiablo's 2006 Base Vibe "Conspiracy"

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Bad news... Battery died!

Good news... replaced stock battery with Optima Yellow Top!

That is all :)