TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
jscherf92

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by jscherf92 »

Just some tint/Nightshade pics from this afternoonive still gotta get that back windshield and front windows tinted, and my baby definitely need a bath.
JSCHERF92's 2005 Abyss Tein H.Tech SpringsBadge-less exterior w/tinted tails and 20% windowsSony/Alpine aftermarket sound systemRed LED interior/headlight/grill/underbody lights
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

photos dont work
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
ChuckstrPT

Re: (hskater26)

Post by ChuckstrPT »

Quote, originally posted by hskater26 »photos dont workThey worked last night....
05 GT, Abyss Black, all tarted up...
jkm311

Re: (ChuckstrPT)

Post by jkm311 »

Not working for me either.Tried going to PhotoBucket directly, no such luck...
Steelies to the rescue.
jscherf92

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (seb0168)

Post by jscherf92 »

sorry guys i forgot i made a separate album, and the tails are getting a clearcoat soon.
JSCHERF92's 2005 Abyss Tein H.Tech SpringsBadge-less exterior w/tinted tails and 20% windowsSony/Alpine aftermarket sound systemRed LED interior/headlight/grill/underbody lights
jkm311

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (jscherf92)

Post by jkm311 »

Nice! My tailgate area looks EERILY similar. White stickers against black. I am also going to completely debadge mine this spring, as my white overlays are not playing nice and peeling a bit. How many coats of VHT? Looks like 3.
Steelies to the rescue.
jscherf92

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (jkm311)

Post by jscherf92 »

yeah its at least three. that time it was a bit too much, yesterday i stripped it off and redid it, theyre a bit lighter but im also considering swapping in LED bulbs so it shines through more.
jkm311

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (jscherf92)

Post by jkm311 »

Might I ask... what is the most effective way of REMOVING the VHT paint? I just know I will go too dark as well. Or not. Just want to have all the right materials before tackling this item once it warms up a bit.
Steelies to the rescue.
jscherf92

Post by jscherf92 »

Well what worked for me was a combonation of fine grit sandpaper, nothing specialized, i used a combo of a 320 wetsand block and a little bit of 180 for the trouble spots and it came right off, after that i used some goof off and a rag and some windex to clean em off. then i waited for them to dry, washed with water and reapplied the vht. some people say to use 1000 or 2000 grit but i didnt have anything like that and i cant see any scratches so just dont dig in too hard. And if you want to try and avoid the sanding just do like two thin coats and let them totally dry overnight then the next day if it looks too light do another thin coat or two until you like the look.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Finally learned how to post pics (Yes, it only took 6 years! LOL)...Thanks to Tim for taken some nice shots at the GV IL meet.Nothing fancy, be she's my baby!
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
ChuckstrPT

Post by ChuckstrPT »

It's too bad they never made a supercharger for the GT....That's a good looking Vibe. Does it pull pretty hard with the supercharger on there?
jkm311

Re: (ChuckstrPT)

Post by jkm311 »

DiveNut, your Abyss is exactly what I want to do/am doing to mine. Just enough cosmetic personalization (overlays, debadged), but to most folks, it looks close to stock. Not dropped, with nice tires. And then under the hood are the fun mods, that nobody knows about until you pop the hood, or hit the gas. Heck, I'm even painting my engine cover the same bright red soon. It's actually scary how similar our tastes are!Big question: Did you install the SC and CAI yourself? If not, where did you take it? Prices?BTW - A handful of Illinois folks from your recent meet are making it down to the Indy meet in (what seems to be) July. Join us!
Steelies to the rescue.
DiveNut

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (seb0168)

Post by DiveNut »

Quote, originally posted by ChuckstrPT »It's too bad they never made a supercharger for the GT....That's a good looking Vibe. Does it pull pretty hard with the supercharger on there?Thanks. Ya she pulls pretty good. Picked up nearly 2 seconds and 10 MPH in the 1/4 mile over my baseline run (17.8 @ 78 MPH vs 15.89 @ 88 MPH. ) Pulls strongly on the bottom end up to about the 1000' mark, but lays down on the top end. Mainly due to the Auto Tranny and stock gearing Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »DiveNut, your Abyss is exactly what I want to do/am doing to mine. Just enough cosmetic personalization (overlays, debadged), but to most folks, it looks close to stock. Not dropped, with nice tires. And then under the hood are the fun mods, that nobody knows about until you pop the hood, or hit the gas. Heck, I'm even painting my engine cover the same bright red soon. It's actually scary how similar our tastes are!Big question: Did you install the SC and CAI yourself? If not, where did you take it? Prices?BTW - A handful of Illinois folks from your recent meet are making it down to the Indy meet in (what seems to be) July. Join us! I like a car that does not draw alot of attention, so kept the exterior mods to a minimum. She's not blistering fast, but has caught a few folks in "faster cars" off-guard. While the install is fairly straight forward, I had the SC installed by a local speed shop that specializes in FI applications (FLP - Finish Line Performance). Being my daily driver, I needed to get it installed quickly, took them 8 hours. They charged $90/hr and included two dyno pulls. Will see if I can swing the Indy meet, weekends can be tough with the kids' soccer etc. But will try our best to run down there. Hope to see you.
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

p3pto

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (DiveNut)

Post by p3pto »

Here's the 2003 Pontiac Vibe I just bought! Its all stock for the moment, but wait a few months and you won't recognize it anymore

Attached files
jkm311

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (p3pto)

Post by jkm311 »

Welcome to the nuthouse! Even more important, welcome to Team Abyss! You're off to a great start with a pic, and we all look forward to "watching" you make it your own!Keep the pics and updates coming.
Steelies to the rescue.
Mr_jacob7

New Member/Vibe

Post by Mr_jacob7 »

I've got plans for it. Red calipers come as soon as I master the manual tranny (doing well so far.)Fun car.
"Be not led astray, bretheren beloved..." -James 1:16.
ChuckstrPT

Re: New Member/Vibe (Mr_jacob7)

Post by ChuckstrPT »

Quote, originally posted by Mr_jacob7 »I've got plans for it. Red calipers come as soon as I master the manual tranny (doing well so far.)Fun car.I don't know if I'd wait for the clutch mastery...I've been driving my '05 for not quite 2 years, something near 40k miles, and it's still tricky to launch. This is not an easy clutch to master. There's a sweet spot, just hard to find! Have fun with it! Great looking GT
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

first pic ive taken in ages
Blanco_Diablo

Re: (rAERRK)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Lookin' good... watch yourself Savannah...LOL
ChuckstrPT

Post by ChuckstrPT »

Looking good...I don't often see another Vibe GT with the Go Fast wings on them...my son loves ours!
jkm311

Re: (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by jkm311 »

Good to see a fellow original owner-Abyss in such good condition! Any issues? Granted, I have a base, but beyond the tranny and engine response, any tips? Planning on keeping mY '06 for a long time. I've swapped out nearly every fluid, and fighting the good fight with the clear coat...
Steelies to the rescue.
rAERRK

Re: (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »Lookin' good... watch yourself Savannah...LOLhow'd you know about that
Crabbycrab

Post by Crabbycrab »

Save me and my humble 06 Base, a seat in Team Abyss!
New and improved (png) signature.
DiveNut

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (Crabbycrab)

Post by DiveNut »

Welcome to the team Crab.

jkm311

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (DiveNut)

Post by jkm311 »

Stock and clean, son! A well-cared for Abyss always pulls off that "just-off-the-line" beauty like few colors can. Frosty white does it for me, too. Welcome to the fray, Crabby.
Steelies to the rescue.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Quote, originally posted by rAERRK »how'd you know about that 6 years living in SAV, a few things stick in your head Like that annoying mattress depot song with the puppets... LOL!
Blanco_Diablo

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (Crabbycrab)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Very clean crab, nice sig too!
rAERRK

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here

Post by rAERRK »

DjGodspeed89

Post by DjGodspeed89 »

Here is mine. Bought bone stock (not even tint). Hope you like. I will try for better pictures in the near future.
I pity the FOOL who ain't Vibin'!
jkm311

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (DjGodspeed89)

Post by jkm311 »

I am loving the LED strip placement. Nice, and welcome to the cool kids club.
Steelies to the rescue.
DjGodspeed89

Post by DjGodspeed89 »

Thanks jkm311. I have looked to this site for ideas and help with my Vibe and plan on becoming an avid member.
DjGodspeed89

Re: (DjGodspeed89)

Post by DjGodspeed89 »

joatmon

Post by joatmon »

not mine, but I saw this one today (at the wildewood mckay's in California MD) and thought those of you who vibe on the dark side would be interested in the color scheme.

Attached files
laciejewel

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (joejoev)

Post by laciejewel »

You're not serious! 400k??? (removed). I have an '07 Abyss. I've had it just a shade over 2 years, had 18k when I got it and now it's over 80k and that freaks me out. I drive a lot back and forth to work. Wow. That's amazing! You've given me hope. I need to take it in for some kinda recall soon.
lil_mahoot

Post by lil_mahoot »

not many customizations, i have a 12in pioneer low pro sub, 760w pioneer amp( built into my spare wheel well), i have a Super V muffler on it now with a 3in DC Sports tip( i was rockin the straight pipe till i got warned for being too loud). i would like to put a cold air intake on, im short on funds tho.

Attached files
KITT222

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (lil_mahoot)

Post by KITT222 »

It is a beautiful GT! You could get a CAI from Cosmo for just over $100.
ChuckstrPT

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (lil_mahoot)

Post by ChuckstrPT »

Looks good!
vibe5264

Post by vibe5264 »

where do you guys get your black/white/etc logos for the front bumper? I want a black one really badly, haha.
meltdownmonk

Post by meltdownmonk »

I'm noticing 2 different front Bumper styles on the vibe. One of them looks a bit sportier and attractive than the other... was this a difference on model years or are the better looking bumpers something I could order separately?
KITT222

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (meltdownmonk)

Post by KITT222 »

Its with the model years, if you're talking of about the first gens. The 03-04 Vibes have the bumper with the inset grilles and black headlight accents, like my 04. The 05-08 Vibes have the smoother grilles while the headlights are all chrome. As far as the 09-10 Vibes go, the GT has the sportier bumper with the bigger fog lights.
CAMOGIRL

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (meltdownmonk)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

are you talking about like the grilles and such? There were two different front ends on the gen1's, the one like mine, you can see in my sig has the grilles set in deeper, that was the style for 2004-2005, and the reason I chose this year on my Vibe. The other style has bigger grilles that are set flush on a more rounded out front end. If that's the style you like better, that's the one I have seen come with most front end body kits... Not sure about if you like the earlier better.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
CAMOGIRL

Re: TEAM ABYSS: Post your Abyss ONLY Vibe Pics Here (KITT222)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Its with the model years, if you're talking of about the first gens. The 03-04 Vibes have the bumper with the inset grilles and black headlight accents, like my 04. The 05-08 Vibes have the smoother grilles while the headlights are all chrome. As far as the 09-10 Vibes go, the GT has the sportier bumper with the bigger fog lights. JINX!
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
jkm311

Re: (vibe5264)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by vibe5264 »where do you guys get your black/white/etc logos for the front bumper? I want a black one really badly, haha.Do you mean the overlays that many have placed over the red Pontiac arrow? Here ya go:http://grafxwerks.com/shop_det...-1223
Steelies to the rescue.
vibe5264

Post by vibe5264 »

Thanks! I might be buying some stuff off of here for sure!
Nightwolf84

Post by Nightwolf84 »

Joining team Abyss.

It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/user/KnightWolf84[/youtube]
Rvaworm

Post by Rvaworm »

This is my Electra
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Nice wheels ! what kind are they ?
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

:?

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......... Another fine use of a Black Sharpie permanent ink marker. Love it 8-)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"