A/C--Defrost Question

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Vibe

A/C--Defrost Question

Post by Vibe »

Hey Group-- Help me to determine if this is normal---I had the A/C button on the dash turned off-Green Light not lite. But when turning the selector dial to Defrost mode the compressor comes on but the Green Light -A/C on light still stays off even though the Def setting engages the compressor. I know the compressor runs during Def mode but is it normal for the A/C green light to remain off.Just need verifaction. Thanks James
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: A/C--Defrost Question (Vibe)

Post by NSimkins »

Yes, the A/C is always activated in order to dehumidify the air, which will help efficiently speed up the defrosting process.See: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id ... =5229#5229
Vibe

Re: A/C--Defrost Question (NSimkins)

Post by Vibe »

[QUOTE]Yes, the A/C is always activated in order to dehumidify the air, which will help efficiently speed up the defrosting process. YES--I know that but my question is with the green light.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: A/C--Defrost Question (Vibe)

Post by NSimkins »

Right, the green light basically indicates if the A/C button is pressed in or not. If you have the setting on Defrost and have the A/C button off, then the light will not be green, but the compressor is still on. The A/C button being on or off does not affect the Defrost as the compressor is always on in Defrost mode.Hope this helps.
Vibe

Re: A/C--Defrost Question (NSimkins)

Post by Vibe »

Thanks for the info.