Everybody knows where this piece came from

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
joatmon

Everybody knows where this piece came from

Post by joatmon »

Found this on the front passenger floor in my Vibe, looks like some kind of nut. Anybody recognize it, know where it's supposed to go?

Attached files
joatmon

Re: Anybody know where this piece came from? (silverawd26)

Post by joatmon »

quote:Has a slot in it...Did you adjust your A/C cable?I did the adjustment like in http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=1315, but there was no piece like this to take off when I did it. Looking at KSNeptune's pic in that thread, his didn't have one there either. are you asking about a different AC cable?
cool vibes

Re: Anybody know where this piece came from? (joatmon)

Post by cool vibes »

Yes i have found the same nut or screw cover on my floor<if you look were the dead mans pedal you will notice a plastic side cover above this pedal there is a screw sticking out .this nut cover goes over the screw hope this helps
scherry2

Re: Anybody know where this piece came from? (cool vibes)

Post by scherry2 »

quote:Yes i have found the same nut or screw cover on my floor<if you look were the dead mans pedal you will notice a plastic side cover above this pedal there is a screw sticking out .this nut cover goes over the screw hope this helpscorrect! I found the same nut when we put the blinkers on raging's vibe. but that goes on the passenger side over a bolt sticking out.
scherry2

Re: Anybody know where this piece came from? (rasermon)

Post by scherry2 »

quote:It's tool used to get shift out of park (P). Automatic Transaxle Only. You will find more info. in your manual on page 2-32 really?
joatmon

Re: Anybody know where this piece came from?

Post by joatmon »

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>It's tool used to get shift out of park (P). Automatic Transaxle Only. You will find more info. in your manual on page 2-32 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Rasermon, did you know the word gullible isn't in the dicitonary? ----------------------------------------------------------coolvibes, scherry2 thanks, I'll look around for a naked screw. ****
ragingfish

Re: Anybody know where this piece came from? (scherry2)

Post by ragingfish »

quote:Yes i have found the same nut or screw cover on my floor<if you look were the dead mans pedal you will notice a plastic side cover above this pedal there is a screw sticking out .this nut cover goes over the screw hope this helpscorrect! I found the same nut when we put the blinkers on raging's vibe. but that goes on the passenger side over a bolt sticking out.Yesh. It's what I call a "plastic nut." It just pushes on over a screw and locks into place. Then you unscrew it normally. They are found in the foot areas of the dash...there is one by the dead pedal, and another by the passenger side door. I'll snap a pic later.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I looked at my car, and see where they are used on both sides to hold a trim panel on. One on each side. Unfortunately I only found the one, because both were missing. I put it on the driver's side. Thanks
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

For those who still can't figure out where they go, I come bearing pictures!Driver side: Passenger side: On this side, just stick your head down and look for where the carpet ends up in the dash...best way I can think to give you a point of reference...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
msmyer

Re: Anybody know where this piece came from? (ragingfish)

Post by msmyer »

Mike-Remember that was my part in taking that out to "help" install the mirrors! LoL
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
retiredfields

Re: Everybody knows where this piece came from (joatmon)

Post by retiredfields »

They don't stay on very well. I put a small piece of thin foam with sticky backing over the screw first, then pushed on the plastic nut. Now it stays in place.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

quote:Rasermon, did you know the word gullible isn't in the dicitonary? Wow I thought my alzheimers was kicking in again.
ragingfish

Re: Anybody know where this piece came from? (msmyer)

Post by ragingfish »

quote:Mike-Remember that was my part in taking that out to "help" install the mirrors! LoL Yesh!How could we forget!

2009 PONTIAC G8
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

OK new contestToday I was checking my cabin air filter, and when I removed the glove compartment, I heard a mettalic rattle. Looked in and just to the left of the glove comartment opening, I found a loose piece of metal, first glance I thougt it was a box end wrench, but pretty obvious it is some sort of structural brace from somewhere in the dash. I had heard a mettalic rattle for some time, hope this is what was causing that, but not sure if I should just leave it out or try to put it back. Don't want to have to disassemble the whole dashSo what is this thing, and is it important?attachment same as image above, in case I lose web host later

113579=3968-bar.jpg
russ257

Post by russ257 »

that looks like a go to the dealer and go what the hell why is my car falling apart amd make them fix it piece
'03 VIBE AWDPioneer AVIC-N1MOMO 6.5" componets in frontMOMO 6.5" speakers in rearJL e6450 six channel ampJL 12" w3 subAlpine 120W amp powering the sub
joatmon

Re: Anybody know where this piece came from? (russ257)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by russ257 »that looks like a go to the dealer and go what the hell why is my car falling apart amd make them fix it piecethat's what I would do if it wasn't for http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=8147
rasermon

Post by rasermon »

Joatmon, believe I found it!

113615=3972-joatmon_bar.jpg
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
joatmon

Re: Anybody know where this piece came from? (rasermon)

Post by joatmon »

I'm sure that's it. Now I just have to decide if I want to hurt myself getting it back in there. It's one thing to see it, it's another to get my hands up in there to put it back, if I can find the nuts to screw it back on. Thanks for going to the trouble to look for it. It is a bit unsettling to have what appear to be structural pieces falling off