the vibe can haul........

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
falmund

Wish I'd gotten pics

Post by falmund »

We had our hunting gear, along with 2 deer in the back....love the plastic, soooooeasy to clean!
alex_nrv

Re: the vibe can haul........

Post by alex_nrv »

Had to return a newborn baby bed and an electric swing to their original owners, move boxes of costumes for a show and carry around a baby chair while visiting my cousin. There is also some trunk junk and also, last but NOT least, the baby sitting on the seat that is still up. This is not "that" much, but I didn't had any struggles to fit all of this cumbersome stuff, I just stacked it in the back without thinking about a strategy to fit it all in (Tetrising, like I call it).

I love to fold down the seats and have all this wide open space!
I had a trip to New-Brunswick and had a lot of stuff, plus a roof cargo box. Gotta love traveling with a Vibe when you have a kid! The step right next to a Vibe is a mini-van.

lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Two floor jacks at once, and I've moved twice. The only things we couldn't load in the Vibe were large pieces of furniture, like the couch.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

In this recent news article - Security guard at strip club robbed
... The strip club security guard said he stepped outside to take a smoke break and he saw a Pontiac Vibe pull into the parking lot about 11:58 p.m. on Wednesday. Two women and five men got out of the car....
OmniDimensional

Post by OmniDimensional »

I used to play in a band in Ottawa, and used my vibe to carry 3 dudes, a full drum kit, 3 guitars and their respective amps, as well as a load of odds and ends needed for our shows. Always impressive what the Vibe can handle!
2003 AWD, black. K&N CAI, 16" Montegi, 15% tint, sunroof, premium audio.
Garage
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Winter's a comin'.... time to load up!

2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
j42.snyder

Post by j42.snyder »

I'd like to see a photo of the effect of that load on the rear suspension!

Mine's seen its fair share of loads too. I don't think I posted these - but this was last year on a dump run. I'm not sure what the weight was, but the guy in the truck beside me couldn't believe how much stuff kept coming out of there!
sspx0151.jpg
sspx0151.jpg (112.74 KiB) Viewed 16528 times
sspx0152.jpg
sspx0152.jpg (145.71 KiB) Viewed 16528 times
John
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Dropped the rear by an inch or so.... that wood was wet as well...
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
cagarcia16

Post by cagarcia16 »

Haulin this daily
alex_nrv

Post by alex_nrv »

I should have taken a picture with my cell, but whatever.

Today at work, we received (and had to move from the main building to my building) 22 laptops in their original boxes, plus 4 big boxes containing 5 laptop cases each, plus 2 cases out of the box, plus 4 boxes of mouses. The was me and my friend in the front.
They would nomally ship those laptops in cargo vans specially made for the internal delivery, but we decided to do it ourself, so we wouldn't have to wait.

The car was fully loaded, almost to the top. I expected that we might need a second trip, but we managed to fit everything!

*thumbs up*
alex_nrv

Post by alex_nrv »

Oh, I also forgot to tell about the time before.
I went on a bicycle trip with my GF and my baby boy, in its baby trailer. I went at my father, but a rainstorm started, and we didn't planned anyways to go back home on our bikes. So I had to figure out how to bring the bikes and trailer back.

I went alone at my father's and removed the baby seat. My dad didn't think 2 adult-sized mountain bikes plus a trailer would fit in the back of the Vibe, but we tried anyway.
The trailer has a hard palstic bucket for the floor, so it's not very foldable. It takes a lot of room in a car. I removed the 2 wheels to free some room.
Then, I removed the front wheel of each bikes and we tried to fit the bikes on top of the carrier, and it FITTED! Then we simply had to put the removed wheels on top where there was room for them. The rest I had to carry was on the front passenger seat.

My father was speechless. lol
(Mostly everyone stays speechless when they are proven the Vibe can Haul..!!!)

Now I have a bike rack, because it was a nightmare to bring back the bikes home in the back of the Vibe, it was very not ergonomic at all, bicycles are awkward to fit in a car, unless you remove both wheels and the handlebar.

Anyways, I managed to fit both bikes and a baby trailer. No pics, again.. :(
deeg1

Post by deeg1 »

We moved my spouses auto glass shop in June, using the Vibe and my 4x8 flatbed trailer. Loaded to the gills inside and hauling glass on the outside. lol.
I haul trash, recycling, hay, lumber, bricks, anything that'll fit inside.

My poor Vibe. Its a work horse, not a show pony.
alex_nrv

Post by alex_nrv »

deeg1 wrote:My poor Vibe. Its a work horse, not a show pony.
AMEN to that!
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

alex_nrv wrote:My father was speechless. lol
(Mostly everyone stays speechless when they are proven the Vibe can Haul..!!!)
Yeah, my coworkers, dad, and boss were all impressed that the floorjacks fit so well in my car. That and while I drove them to my parents', I had some guys in a truck stop at a light next to me, and they kept shooting me confused looks. It's not every day you see a tiny girl in a tiny car with two jacks riding in the back, I guess.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Here's MY contribution....hahaaaa
A friend needed this tree out of his yard, so I brought the Vibe and a chainsaw :shock:

I guess there IS a benefit to having all my seats pulled out :lol:
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

vibe truck ftw!
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Trucks are so overrated.
ahoyhoy749

Post by ahoyhoy749 »

I seriously love this thread! Haha... people have called my Vibe a clown car many different times! Everything we built our cabin with was moved via the Vibe! (Over the course of a summer.) :P
crystal79

Post by crystal79 »

I'm sure Home Depot is still talking about the woman who hauled a standard sized whirlpool bathtub in her Vibe. They told me to come back with a truck. I said it would fit. Attracted quite a crowd and side bets were placed. It fit! Just couldn't totally close the window - thank you bungie cord. Only regret was I didn't ask if the shower surround would also fit in. Had to go back to get that.
crystal79

Post by crystal79 »

I've also hauled a leather reclining love seat in the vibe. That got a little crowded, but it worked.
DVibe

Post by DVibe »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:Here's MY contribution....hahaaaa
A friend needed this tree out of his yard, so I brought the Vibe and a chainsaw :shock:
Lol! that is crazy!

I was able to fit an 8ft ladder with the rear hatch closing! If the ladder was about an inch or two shorter it would have fit without touching the dash.
Roll with soul.
DVibe's Garage
DVibe

Post by DVibe »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:awesome.
Said, "forget the roof rack!" i guess?
Lol, right? Cross bars were off....wasn't planning to borrow the ladder either... :D

How was the clean up after the tree hauling?
Roll with soul.
DVibe's Garage
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

nice work. Can I borrow your grill? Mine is acting up and the good folks at WalMart won't sell me a leftover grill because it is packed away in a cargo container behind a boat load of X-mas items. The manager told me to come back after the new year and he'll go pull me out one and charge me the clearance price marked prior to storing them away.
alex_nrv

Post by alex_nrv »

Fall 2012, I changed my tires for the winter ones, plus the ones on my GF's car. So I had to carry 8 tires and many miscellaneous stuff, like the baby seat (unattatched so I was able to get the seats full down), wrench, nuts, my work backpack, lunch bag and some shopping bags. Everything fitted extra well, the front seat was unoccupied. When all the seats are down in the Vibe, we can still put stuff at the feet of the rear passengers, there's still lot of room there!
So no problems there, I can haul everything I need to swap the tires on 2 cars at the same time.
Unbelievabrah

Post by Unbelievabrah »

Ive once fit 6 full size men into my 06 vibe. haha, not gonna lie. it looked like I bought lower springs when we were all in it. Also recently hauled a large (and heavy) leather couch about a month ago. it fit like a glove. haha, so glad i didnt have to strap it to the roof. :lol:

vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Seats down, one of the roomiest little cars around. Unbelievable that someone actually moved a tree in their Vibe. That's gotta be a first! Who woulda thunk! :shock:
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
AZViking

Post by AZViking »

It's that time of year again, hauling band instruments for my Wife's schools. Baritones, French Horns, Trombones, Trumpets, Clarinets, Flutes and a Tenor Sax somewhere in there.
Attachments
Band 2.jpg
Band 2.jpg (67.32 KiB) Viewed 15327 times
Band.jpg
Band.jpg (61.79 KiB) Viewed 15327 times
2015 Kia Sorento 32,000 miles, 2010 Kia Sportage LX, 68,000 miles
Groovyvibe

Post by Groovyvibe »

Ampeg 8x10 bass cabinet. 'Nuff said.
"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick (removed)...and I'm all out of bubble gum."
Roddy Piper, "They Live"
2004 Vibe
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Groovyvibe wrote:Ampeg 8x10 bass cabinet. 'Nuff said.
Pics ,
or it didn't happen! :lol:
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

BMW fuel tank. Parts guy's face fell when I answered that no, I don't have a pickup, but I have a hatchback.

BobED

Post by BobED »

Our Vibe, which we bought new can haul so much that 6 months after my wife and I gave it to our daughter for her senior year in college I found myself searching then buying a used second one. We love the second one as much as the first and three years later my daughter still loves hers!
Bedlam

Post by Bedlam »

3 sets of tires with hatch and glass closed. car was still easily drivable with nothing overhanging the passenger seat area.

07 1ZZ 5spd Stealth - Sold
03 1ZZ 6spd Shadow w/NAV - For Sale
06 AWD Stealth - Current
07 Magnum SRT-8 - Current
alex_nrv

Post by alex_nrv »

Bedlam wrote:3 sets of tires with hatch and glass closed. car was still easily drivable with nothing overhanging the passenger seat area.

This is cool! :D And nice "slicks" !
But I am "not amazed" because I knew this would fit in. I fitted 2 sets of tires mounted on rims while ONLY LOWERING the 2/3 seat and I left the 1/3 up since the babyseat was attached on the 1/3 part (and the baby was actually in the seat!). I also had miscellaneous stuff in between the tires here and there. (In the Fall of 2012, I DID detached the babyseat from the 1/3 seat and kept it in the cargo area, but in the Spring of 2013, I actually kept the babyseat attached to the seat since I had to drive with him).

The Vibe CAN Haul !!!
Bedlam

Post by Bedlam »

alex_nrv wrote:
Bedlam wrote:3 sets of tires with hatch and glass closed. car was still easily drivable with nothing overhanging the passenger seat area.

This is cool! :D And nice "slicks" !
But I am "not amazed" because I knew this would fit in. I fitted 2 sets of tires mounted on rims while ONLY LOWERING the 2/3 seat and I left the 1/3 up since the babyseat was attached on the 1/3 part (and the baby was actually in the seat!). I also had miscellaneous stuff in between the tires here and there. (In the Fall of 2012, I DID detached the babyseat from the 1/3 seat and kept it in the cargo area, but in the Spring of 2013, I actually kept the babyseat attached to the seat since I had to drive with him).

The Vibe CAN Haul !!!
size matters here :)

one set was 275/35R18's for the slicks. The other 2 sets were 275/40R20's for the Magnum. Vibe tires are one thing, the 20's eat up major space and use every last inch to get it done. Can honestly probably get 4 sets of vibe tires in the car with ease.
07 1ZZ 5spd Stealth - Sold
03 1ZZ 6spd Shadow w/NAV - For Sale
06 AWD Stealth - Current
07 Magnum SRT-8 - Current
alex_nrv

Post by alex_nrv »

Bedlam wrote:size matters here :)

one set was 275/35R18's for the slicks. The other 2 sets were 275/40R20's for the Magnum. Vibe tires are one thing, the 20's eat up major space and use every last inch to get it done. Can honestly probably get 4 sets of vibe tires in the car with ease.
OH, yeah, of course! Sorry for misjudging! The picture doesn't really give credit to the size of the tires, but of course, 18 and 20 inches tires must take a LOT of space!
Nevertheless, great hauling ;)
Derf

Post by Derf »

... A hauler! Fully assembled tow behind yard wagon, 20 gallons of motor oil, couple bags of garden fresh vegetables and other items for weekend trip. Just barely cleared the headliner

As a bonus, the back seat latches make a nice additional tie down point for securing a load.
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I moved out to my college dorm Saturday, and managed to fit everything in my Vibe. I was actually moving things around so I would have aline-of-sight out the rear. If I wanted to I could have stuffed even more in!

Derf

Re: the vibe can haul........Cement Mixer

Post by Derf »

A Cement Mixer...

All the stores near my brother were sold out, so picked one up close to me and made the trip. As mentioned by others, pulling up to the curb, the look on the guys face loading the mixer was priceless. Really like the cargo options available in this vehicle. Would have burned over twice the fuel had I used a truck.

Side note, after getting past the lackluster assembly instructions, the mixer made quick work pouring the new sidewalk
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
alex_nrv

Post by alex_nrv »

I bought my first house this summer and I will be moving from Oct. 12th to the 26th.
On the 26th, all the big things (oven, fridge, wash and dry machines, etc...) will be loaded in a big moving truck. But all the smaller things and boxes will be moved before the "big day".

I am SOOO GLAD that I have a VIBE to start moving "smaller" things! I will pack to the top everything I can (even stuff on the roof rack I bought used from a Matrix owner), maybe 1 or 2 trips per night or so. The move will be done smoothly, without any rush. Some boxes this day, some other boxes that day, coffee table and misc stuff this other day... And when the final day will happen, we won't be rushing to move several boxes PLUS the larger furnitures. Only furnitures and the "most important boxes" (the things I really can't move before I start living in the house).

The Vibe WILL Haul !!!!! :twisted:
alex_nrv

Post by alex_nrv »

So my move from the apartment to the new house is a thing of the past! I did some great hauling with the Vibe and a medium size trailer.
Now, in the new nouse, I had to replace the electric water heater. The hardware store I prefer (Home Depot) is located in my birth city, which is 20 minutes away from the city I moved in. Since I was in my birth city for some other shopping, I wanted to see if I could find a decent priced water heater... and since I was there, I didn't knew if I could load it right away in the Vibe... My wife and kid were with me, so I couldn't lower the front seat and couldn't lower the rear 1/3 seat (behind the driver).

So I went in the store and found a water heater, 40 gallons (a 60 gallons wouldn't have fitted with the hatch closed anyways). I went back to the car, opened the hatch and SURPRISE...! I forgot I had a lot of other stuff in the trunk... A small foldable stroller, a small foldable playpen, a baby booster for the dinning table and some other miscellaneous stuff here and there (annoying but stackable anywhere). So I started lowering the 2/3 seat and stacking the stuff here and there so I could free some room for the water heater box.

In the end, everything went smooth! It FITTED. I was a little bit scared at first but I had hope it would fit... or I would have had it TO FIT!

ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

A couple years ago, I hacked up the downspout to install a diverter for a rain barrel. The diverter broke over the winter and started leaking right before the polar vortex, so I had to remove it and rig up a piece of flexible downspout to bridge the gap until better weather where I could replace the whole piece. :lol:

Today, we picked up a 10' section of downspout. The liftgate glass and fold down passenger seat were quite handy. It was almost to the dash and didn't stick out the rear window very far. 8-) .

This would have been epic fail in my little tin can Sonic. :lol: So glad to have this ol' Vibe in the fleet.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
alex_nrv

Post by alex_nrv »

New house, I now have a yard. Having a yard of my own gives me the opportunity to have a little fireplace outside... BUT I needed wood to burn. I went to a local wood seller and bought a half-cord of logs. When I arrived, he asked me how many logs I wanted... When I told him half a cord, he looked at the car and said: "Are you sure you can fit that in your car? You might have to do several travels!"... So I told him that I was sure it would fit.
So I started loading the car, lowering the 2/3 seat, leaving the 1/3 up with the baby seat installed. It all fitted cleanly! I didn't even bother to "properly" pack the logs carefuly, knowing there would be enough room. If I would have taken the time to optimize the space and lower the 1/3 seat and the front passenger seat, I could have fitted a full cord of wood in that car. With the 1/2 cord, the rear suspension was lowered the most I've seen on my car since I have it, but it was still very drivable and even in potholes, the suspension would still work like it should (at 40-50 km/h).
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

alex_nrv wrote:"Are you sure you can fit that in your car? You might have to do several travels!"... So I told him that I was sure it would fit.

NICE !!! Plus it probably smelled pretty good during your travels! Love the smell of fresh cut hardwoods.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"