Floor liners?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Will1979

Floor liners?

Post by Will1979 »

Does anyone have suggestions for floor liners for my 06 fwd base?
jolt

Re: Floor liners?

Post by jolt »

Liners, not mats, I have had the Husky brand liners in our Vibe. The problem with the Husky brand is the edges of the liner warped and buckled so that the top edges do not fit against the carpet. This problem only got worse over time and caused problems around the gas pedal. Also the rubber is not rubber but more like slippy plastic.

I now have Weather Tech liners and the fit is much better than the Husky liners. The Husky liners, for both front and rear, are about the same price as just the fronts in the Weather Tech. If I were to do it again, I would pay the extra and get the Weather Tech because as it turned out I wasted the money buying the cheaper Husky liners. There expensive but when it comes to keeping melted snow out of the carpet, you can't beat them.
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

My answer is in line with what I recommend for cabin air filters: "just cut it out" (from cheap furnace filters). In regards to rubber floor mats/liners, Weathertech products to me seem like a product meant for protecting high class Lincoln Navigators or BMW crossovers. If keeping your current floor mats (Corolla embossed in my case) clean and functional for as long as you can, just go an buy some deep channel rubber mats at Costco or local auto parts store and trim them to properly fit in your Vibe. Carefully punch two holes to accommodate the floor mat clips and there you have it; a cheap set of rubber floor mats that you can take in/out at will and wash off as needed. Come summertime, remove them and put back your OEM carpet mats proudly displaying your Vibe/Matrix/Corolla moniker. As the years go by and the punch holes start to expand and cause your rubber mat to move a bit, the holes can easily be reinforced with super glue and a metal washer. Another alternative is to have two sets of OEM carpeted floor mats, one for winter, one set for summer. This of course only works if you are not in 10 feet of snow for half of the year and in mud another 3 months of the year.
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

Findway, a Canadian company, makes floor liners for the 1st and 2nd gen Vibes. They have good reviews and are much cheaper than Weathertech or Husky. Only $100 for front and rear seats. I'm going to pick some up the next time I'm in Toronto without a van load of cargo and kids.

http://www.findway.ca/f518-style-3d-car ... 006/62150b
2009 Vibe Base
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

I second the Findway option. I got the 2009 version and they are great. Not as slippery as the rubber mats but still easy to clean and fit very well.
Image  Image
jake75

Post by jake75 »

The next new car I buy will have the Weathertech liners. Someone here sent me a passenger side Weathertech for my 2009 Vibe for just the shipping cost. I am convinced they are worth the money. But I am old, oversaved for my retirement, and no longer need to pinch pennies.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Will1979

Post by Will1979 »

jolt wrote:Liners, not mats, I have had the Husky brand liners in our Vibe. The problem with the Husky brand is the edges of the liner warped and buckled so that the top edges do not fit against the carpet. This problem only got worse over time and caused problems around the gas pedal. Also the rubber is not rubber but more like slippy plastic.

I now have Weather Tech liners and the fit is much better than the Husky liners. The Husky liners, for both front and rear, are about the same price as just the fronts in the Weather Tech. If I were to do it again, I would pay the extra and get the Weather Tech because as it turned out I wasted the money buying the cheaper Husky liners. There expensive but when it comes to keeping melted snow out of the carpet, you can't beat them.
Thank you...Does weathertech make floorliners for a 2006 vibe?
Will1979

Post by Will1979 »

MacGyver wrote:Findway, a Canadian company, makes floor liners for the 1st and 2nd gen Vibes. They have good reviews and are much cheaper than Weathertech or Husky. Only $100 for front and rear seats. I'm going to pick some up the next time I'm in Toronto without a van load of cargo and kids.

http://www.findway.ca/f518-style-3d-car ... 006/62150b
Thanks...I think I might buy some myself
Will1979

Post by Will1979 »

Rayven01 wrote:I second the Findway option. I got the 2009 version and they are great. Not as slippery as the rubber mats but still easy to clean and fit very well.
Thanks...I think I might buy some myself