Vibe User Group 270516 Solution Water leaking from headliner at joints with front roof pillars

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
coppens1

Vibe User Group 270516 Solution Water leaking from headliner at joints with front roof pillars

Post by coppens1 »

Dear Vibe Owners, I have read of several other owners also having difficulty with Water leaking from headliner at the joints with front roof pillars, in cars without the sunroof.

In my case, I finally went to an auto repair shop that specializes in fixing leaks. After a few seconds the expert there informed me that my windshield had been replaced and improperly installed. He quoted $200 for taking the windshield out and installing it again. He also said that frequently when taking the windshield out, it would be damaged, and have to be replaced, quoting $350.

I bought silicon caulk and filled the 1/4" gap between the top of the windshield and the roofline. I have had no leaks for the past month.
Gorthvader

Re: Vibe User Group 270516 Solution Water leaking from headliner at joints with front roof pillars

Post by Gorthvader »

Thanks so much! I have been having this problem too, and have assumed it was the sunroof. However, I have checked, and all of my drains are clear, so it has been driving me nuts! I'll try the silicone thing and possibly get the window re-installed!
-Gorth