Tailgate interior plastic cover comes loose

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
coppens1

Tailgate interior plastic cover comes loose

Post by coppens1 »

:( Dear Vibe Users, I recently purchased a 2005 Vibe, and the Tailgate interior plastic cover keeps coming loose when I shut the tailgate. Has anyone else had this problem? Solution?
Derf

Re: Tailgate interior plastic cover comes loose

Post by Derf »

If it is the plastic attached to the tailgate, their are a series of panel pins that can be replaced. The Vibe used the same pins throughout the interior doors and side trim panels. If it is the plastic cover that fits inside the panel, you can heat the cover and bend the tabs to better engage the tailgate plastic panel.
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
coppens1

Post by coppens1 »

Dear Derf, thanks for your reply. Yes, I think you are right. It is the plastic pins. But it looked like they were built into the panel. It appears that a friend slammed the tailgate too hard. I haven't taken the panel off, as I thought maybe I couldn't get it back on.

Where can I buy the plastic pins? JC
Mark

Post by Mark »

The clips are easy to remove, take one to your local NAPA and they can match it using their "Big Book" of panel clips. Then just pull the panel off, replace the clips and snap it back into place.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
coppens1

Post by coppens1 »

What I did is take the plastic cover loose, and put duct tape around the pins. It is just enough of a fix, as long as you don't slam the tailgate too hard. JC :lol: