Cipher Auto Harness Bar and harness install with photos

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
B14CK_H4WK

Cipher Auto Harness Bar and harness install with photos

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

Ok guys so I decided to install the Cipher Auto Harness Bar because I recently installed cipher seats. the seats are leather and my stock seat belt started trying to saw through the leather. The harness will stop this because the holes in the seat are plastic and I have harness pads. I removed my stock seats belts all together for the reason of them rubbing through the seats, you may choose to leave the stock seat belts and have a harness bar though.

So here is the harness bar sorry for blurryness
Link to Harness bar on Cipher Auto website http://www.cipherauto.com/harness-bar/p ... a5000hb-bk

So step one is to take out the stock seat belts. I recommend that you pull the black panel that the stock seat belts hides behind first.

The next step is to remove the seat belt. Start at the top and remove the bolt. The bolt will be exposed once you pull off the plastic cover on the seat belt clip circled below.

then go ahead and remove the bolt from the bottom of the seat belt as well. We are going to reuse the bolts in reverse order for the harness bar though. I completely remove the seat belt system. The yellow plug just unplugs from the seat belt

So the next step is to switch one side of the harness bar around so it will fit correctly. I have the passenger side the way it came in the box.

I switched the the driver side to the opposite side shown below (compared to the passenger side) Ignore my dirty panels, i cleaned them after the install

Once you reverse the side go ahead and mount the harness bar like shown above. Use the bolts you pulled out of the bottom of the stock seat belt and use those bolts to mount the harness bar up top, like shown above. Its very important to note that where you are mounting the harness bar to, moves. It will lock in the top position so that's where we want to position them before going any further. Keep everything a little loose until everything is connected to each other.

Ok now lets install the support rods. Again I'm using the bolts i took from the top of the stock seat belts and using them on the bottom without the spacer. The reason for this is because the bottom bolts that were there will not be long enough to screw in anymore. FTW the are two different sides to the support rods. One has a smaller hole then the other. the side with the larger hole goes on the bottom shown below.

Here is the other side. This side (passenger side) i had a little trouble getting in, i really had to force it in. I tried to make both sides as even as possible. The rods can screw in and out making the rod longer or shorter. You want the bar level with the holes in the back of the sears fyw

You can bolt the rods to the harness bar with the bolts and nuts provided by Cipher auto.

Once you get it level go ahead and tighten the head out of everything. This bar should be as solid as your sway bars when your done.
Heres what it should look like.

Ok so lets install the harness now. Here is the harness that i got http://www.cipherauto.com/racing-harnes ... /cpa4001bk
It has the camlock for quick release. This is a lot less of a pain then the buckle ones. It says they are out of stock, just call them, they have them in stock, (just like the hotchis sway bars..)

So the first thing I noticed is that i need to remove the connectors from the harness that goes through the seats circled in red. So we can correctly fasten it to the harness bar. These are used in replace of harness bar, assuming you are bolting it to the floor.

So what i did is just take a knife and cut through the threading. from the side. Just try to pull the two apart when cutting the threads (its alittle time consuming on the first one, but the rest will go quick)

So once you break the harness free and remove the extra piece. You can go ahead and wrap it on the harness bar. If you don't know how to wrap the harness correctly. Watch this video. https://youtu.be/Rqkvo9vZfM0?t=1170

When your done, it should look like this around the harness bar. I Rolled up the extra slack and zip tied it.

Now bolt the sides of the harness on. The quick release should always point down, so put them on the correct side. I bolted the harness closest to the door to the same bolt that the seat is bolted to. The other side is just bolted to where the seat stock seat belt clip is bolted too.

the final result is awesome

tpollauf

Re: Cipher Auto Harness Bar and harness install with photos

Post by tpollauf »

Very nice install! Looks like you're NOT going anywhere all strapped in to those seats.
Last edited by tpollauf on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Now rear seat passengers have a roller coaster bar to hold onto. ;)
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
B14CK_H4WK

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

ImUrOBGYN wrote:Now rear seat passengers have a roller coaster bar to hold onto. ;)
Roller Coaster bar is installed lol. There's actually still a lot of room in the back seats
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Now, just pick a pool noodle or something from Walmart and cut to fit. Just leave spots for the hands to hold onto. :D
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage