I know someone has the answer to pet hair!

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
ImUrOBGYN

Re: I know someone has the answer to pet hair!

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

I have an excellent vacuum attachment with a spinning brush that helps quite a bit. Sometimes, I use an anti static spray first, (Static Guard is a brand commonly available and also the one I generally use), then vacuum it. Of course, I always use a dog blanket thing for inside the car so that cuts down on most of the hair anyway. There are probably some pet specific products that may work better but not sure.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I guess your vacuum doesn't suck enough :lol:! Seriously though, I have a Shop Vac and it has no problem getting up the majority of hair from my dogs. To get the more stubborn hair up, I use clear packaging tape. It can be kind of time consuming, but it works well and is a cheap option.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

The previous owner of our Vibe had (has) a Golden Retriever. I pulled the interior out to clean everything. It's unbelievable how much hair and sand I collected. Our English Springer does not get the run of the Vibe, he is restricted to the way back. So is his hair. Not only is this cleaner, it is safer too. Click on the link in my signature for a look at my dog barrier.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

a good lint/hair roller with a large roll on it will help
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

More power. The little power head attachment works as well. But seriously, your vacuum needs to suck!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
gginnj

Post by gginnj »

try putting duct tape, get the good really sticky kind, and attach to a paint roller. Start with sticky side down, then flip it, and wrap it over itself across the roller. Now you have a really long lint roller with a good handle that you can really put some pressure on. that may pick up quite a bit. Take a few minutes to take off and put a new strip of duct tape.