Do custom fit type 09-10 mats fit the AWD

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
ctgottapee

Do custom fit type 09-10 mats fit the AWD

Post by ctgottapee »

A little browsing seems like maybe just the rear custom fit floor liner mats are different for FWD and AWD, but how different?
Do the front floor liners fit both?
vibenvy

Re: Do custom fit type 09-10 mats fit the AWD

Post by vibenvy »

When I ordered the GM Accessories premium all weather floor mats for our Vibes, I know there was a different part number for the AWD mats vs the FWD ones. What the difference/s are I have no clue. I also know that WeatherTech asks you whether your Vibe is AWD or FWD when you shop for their floor liners, so again, there is obviously some sort of difference, I just don't know what it is and how minor / major of a difference it is. Not really much help I know :P.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

vibenvy wrote:When I ordered the GM Accessories premium all weather floor mats for our Vibes, I know there was a different part number for the AWD mats vs the FWD ones. What the difference/s are I have no clue. I also know that WeatherTech asks you whether your Vibe is AWD or FWD when you shop for their floor liners, so again, there is obviously some sort of difference, I just don't know what it is and how minor / major of a difference it is. Not really much help I know :P.
I'm seeing the diff part numbers too.

The actual pictures for the front mats look identical. Most places don't offer back mats for the AWD so my guess is only the rear is different.

Ebay ads with just the front list AWD too (although ebay, who knows)
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

So I finally got front seat custom fit mat / liners and they do 'fit' in the AWD. They bend a bit so it's hard to tell how perfect with out a non AWD to compare with. I wouldn't call them perfect, but nobody else would know.

As for the rear seats, I didn't try as I haven't found a retailer that will take returns. With restocking fees and shipping on an oversized box, the cost really adds up just to try.

I went with this brand/type and really like the texture. The back of the mat is a velcro like carpeting so they don't move at all. The top is a waterproof rubbery texture that doesn't look like a cheap rubber liner.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-MAXpider-L1P ... 1366814743
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

ctgottapee wrote:So I finally got front seat custom fit mat / liners and they do 'fit' in the AWD. They bend a bit so it's hard to tell how perfect with out a non AWD to compare with. I wouldn't call them perfect, but nobody else would know.

As for the rear seats, I didn't try as I haven't found a retailer that will take returns. With restocking fees and shipping on an oversized box, the cost really adds up just to try.

I went with this brand/type and really like the texture. The back of the mat is a velcro like carpeting so they don't move at all. The top is a waterproof rubbery texture that doesn't look like a cheap rubber liner.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-MAXpider-L1P ... 1366814743
Glad you found something that works and fits pretty well. I like the looks of these. Can you post some pictures of how they look installed?
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

The front mats seem to be an exact match for the AWD

But I tried some rear mats and they are definitely not. The AWD has a much, much taller hump in the middle.
As the cost of shipping and return shipping was close to the price of the new rear mat, I cut out the hump in the new rear mat and got 2 new matching mats for the rear sans hump. The liner material trimmed easily and hugs the body so nobody would be wiser.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Good thinking! You really need to start a Garage thread for your Vibe ;).
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

vibenvy wrote:Good thinking! You really need to start a Garage thread for your Vibe ;).
You and your garage thread ;) I really haven't done anything special yet, although the rear lights might be when I'm done

You asked for a picture that I could get but they'll be dirty. If you want to see what the material is like, I can mail you a piece of it (piece of the center I cut off) - just PM me. I really like them, they are not plastic or rubber, and not thin (nor thick), more of a 3d matrix yoga mat like material, with a velcro like backing to keep it in place. They also have a version with carpet fuzz on them.