09 GT leather seats

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Dairgo

09 GT leather seats

Post by Dairgo »

So last week as I was doing my usual interior wipe down with leather protector, I noticed one of the few worn in wrinkles had fully cracked and a piece broke off. It looks like the others will follow suit. Could I put some kind of patch over this? Or what is the best course of action?
trb

Re: 09 GT leather seats

Post by trb »

An upholstery shop should be able to replace that section or repair it if you want to go that route, but what part of the seat? I bought a new driver's side seat bottom to replace the seat bottom the prior owner burned a hole in, but I did not get a chance to swap it prior to it being totaled, if you are interested.

Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

That would just happen to be the correct side and color!

How hard is it to put those on?
trb

Post by trb »

No idea, I never looked into it, but I did swap seat covers on an older seat so I know about hog rings and how they are used in seat construction. I was planning to take the seat apart and replace the cover after my daughter brought my car back last summer, but she only made it 2 miles from home before it was rear ended. I don't think it would be too involved though. You might just try and take it apart and see how it is put together. I know the sides, front and back have plastic clips built in that you stretch and clip over the edges of the seat frame, but there might be some hog rings or just metal rods in the foam that hold the recessed cloth part of the seat in position.

If you are interested, I was asking $80 for it. It runs over $140 new.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=43791
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

This is the one thing I don't like about the 2nd gen GTs... the fake leather on the seats. I would much rather have the AWD / Base cloth seats.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Definitely interested. Been a busy weekend. Umm, guess send me a PM, you take paypal?