Rearview Mirror Question

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
twistedwaffle

Rearview Mirror Question

Post by twistedwaffle »

Hello, I just took my 2009 Vibe (Base Model) in to get the windshield replaced, when I got it back, I noticed it may be missing a small plastic piece from behind the mirror that covers the cables. Any chance anyone with a 09' could take a picture of behind the mirror so I can compare it to mine and see if it is in fact missing the cover, or if I am just crazy and never noticed.

Thanks!
Caretaker

Re: Rearview Mirror Question

Post by Caretaker »

while I can't take a picture for you, there are actually two slender black plastic pieces that slide into one another to make one longer piece. I have mine in the work room because I removed them years ago. They don't stay on very well and really don't perform much of a positive function. They don't provide any aesthetics and you won't notice the wires after about 2 minutes. While the glass guy should have returned them to you, I'd forget about it; they are useless.
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

twistedwaffle

Post by twistedwaffle »

Thanks for the picture. The piece is in fact missing, but as Caretaker said, I'm really not bothered by it.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Caretaker wrote:while I can't take a picture for you, there are actually two slender black plastic pieces that slide into one another to make one longer piece. I have mine in the work room because I removed them years ago. They don't stay on very well and really don't perform much of a positive function. They don't provide any aesthetics and you won't notice the wires after about 2 minutes. While the glass guy should have returned them to you, I'd forget about it; they are useless.
The one on my 2006 kept falling off after the windshield replacement. Whenever I stumble across it in my center console, I feel offended by its presence but can't get myself to toss it.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit